PDA

View Full Version : Doo Gro Leave In Growth Treatment?

Celtic_Willow
January 25th, 2011, 08:32 AM
I just bought a bottle of this last night and tried it for the first time, and I was curious to see if anyone else here has ever tried it or heard of it? I applied it on freshly washed conditioned and towel dried hair. So far the only thing I've noticed since using it is that this morning is that it's not frizzy and actually pretty soft. So, what do you guys think? Ever try it?

Heres an excerpt from the bottle and list of ingredients:

"Doo Gro Leave In Growth Treatment helps promote strong, healthy, growing hair. Its unique non-greasy, non oily formula repairs damaged hair and mends split ends. It also adds luster, conditions, softens and adds beautiful shine to hair. Doo Gro Leave In Growth Treatment is extra light and safe to use on all types of jair including color treated, bleached and relaxed."

Ingredients: Water, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Polyquaternium 11, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 33, Ethyl Hexanediol, Polysorbate 20, PEG-75 Lanolin, Isostearamidopropyl Morpholine Lactate, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium E.D.T.A., Fragrance, Cherry Bark, Chamomile, Neutral Henna, Goldenseal, Calendula, Hops, Horsetail.

Debra83
January 25th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Never heard of it. Where did you find it?

Anje
January 25th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Sounds pretty good. The Polyquaternium-11 is going to be silicone-like, and it looks like it's heavy on the protein. Great if your hair likes protein, not so great if it doesn't. I suspect you might get buildup from it if you don't shampoo, but it doesn't look like it's going to eat your hair or anything. It won't turn split ends into non-split ends though -- nothing does.

Celtic_Willow
January 25th, 2011, 09:44 AM
I found it at a Sally Beauty Supplies, I have never seen it anywheres else though. Yeah I already figured it wouldn't "mend" my splits like it claims it can, but I figured maybe it will help condition and strengthen my hair so it won't break as much? Seeing the neutral henna in the list of ingredients made me hopeful, especially after hearing all the positive comments on the benefits of henna around here!

Anje
January 25th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Well, the "neutral henna" is after the preservatives (parabens in this case) on the ingredients list. I think they put those in there so they can say they're in there, not because they actually have an effect at that concentration.