PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone...

CarpeDM
January 24th, 2011, 12:45 PM
So I'm looking for some hair support right now. Currently I am about an inch or two away from APL. I have fine thin hair and would really like to find some others out there that also have fine thin almost APL hair that want to grow it out to BSL or waist (but no longer). In the past my hair has only gotten to APL before I've cut it due to frustration, so I could really use some LHC member support as I try to grow it a lot longer. Is there anyone out there in the same boat?

Rocket22
January 24th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Well by your photos your looks pretty thick to me :) I'm pretty fine haired, I'm BS right now (but just barly) and I'm looking to go to waist or so. I have always had to trim my hair because my hair just seemed to always get sooooo thin on the ends but since LHC I've given up bleach, heat styling and I'm just taking much better care of it. My hair is for sure getting thicker on the ends or a least not splitting so fast....(my album shows years past and now) so I'm hoping I can finally get to a long length and still look healthy so I hear ya it's tough but what keeps me going is someone else said "I would rather have long fine hair than short fine hair" that really does help me through. and think I have read here many times the AP to BS is kinda a tough stage so hang in there :)

thisischristine
January 24th, 2011, 01:05 PM
I'm past APL, but can't call it BSL. My hair is very fine. I've given up chemical colourants and am experimenting with henna, but my lengths are very damaged. I need the support not to cut it all off!!! I really don't want to. My goal is hip, and I want to maintain and grow out damage when I'm there. There doesn't seem to be any benefit to cutting it off sooner, and I know I'll lose momentum and do some stupid short cut / drastic colour (I like change) if I keep cutting it back to shoulder.

CarpeDM
January 24th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Ha ha, I realize it might not look thin from the back, but it is thin in the front scalp area. I totally understand the trimming issue. If I don't trim the front ends every 3 months (my hair is all one length by the way with no bangs which makes it even stringier) I literally have just a few strands at the end in the front because it thins out so much as it gets longer. It is a battle to keep the ends looking healthy, but also to gain some length. I'm glad I'm not alone :)

CarpeDM
January 24th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I'm past APL, but can't call it BSL. My hair is very fine. I've given up chemical colourants and am experimenting with henna, but my lengths are very damaged. I need the support not to cut it all off!!! I really don't want to. My goal is hip, and I want to maintain and grow out damage when I'm there. There doesn't seem to be any benefit to cutting it off sooner, and I know I'll lose momentum and do some stupid short cut / drastic colour (I like change) if I keep cutting it back to shoulder.

I know what you mean about losing momentum, I cut off 4 inches in August to get rid of the last of my layers and the months have been dragging by ever since. I would just do small trims until the damage is gone, before you know it, your hair will be super healthy.

Kalypso
January 24th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Hi!
My hair is very fine and thin, a couple of inches away from APL. In the past I've always had it cut short before ever getting to BSL, and regretting it a week later. I really believe this time I can make it to waist length with the help of LHC. I watch a lot of youtube how to long hair videos to give me something to look forward to. (A variety of hairstyles that can change day to day.)

CarpeDM
January 24th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Awesome! We can grow together :)

carabean
January 24th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Please, please keep growing. Your hair is lovely! Don't give up!

SummerSkye
January 24th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Hi, your hair is lovely, very healthy looking! Mine is just about at apl, medium fine, hghlighted which Im going to grow out and I'd like to grow it back down to my waist. Will post some pics asap. Dont give in and cut your hair you will regret it after getting to that length!

Nago
January 24th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Meeee!!!! Waist length would be enought for me. I'm between APL and BSL after a trim.

CarpeDM
January 24th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Oh don't worry I don't want to cut it, I just want to find some other growing out buddies who might be going through the same hair journey I am. Sometimes it can be hard to relate to all the long tailbone thick haired gods and goddesses on LHC LOL.

CarpeDM
January 24th, 2011, 01:56 PM
At first I was just aiming for bra strap length, but maybe waist, I will have to see if my hair will make it that far.

rags
January 24th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I am a F/i and have had my hair at TB most of my adult life. You can do it! Then I had to chop it a few years ago due to some medical issues (the meds I had to take made me lose over half my hair). I regrew to BSL and then in a moment of insanity (read - DH nagged me into it :p ) chopped it to a long pixie in October.

All of that to say - my hair is baby fine, cobwebby, will float in the slightly breeze fine. It's also very fragile due to my health issues. But I got it to BSL and this time I'll get it back to at least waist if not TB again. You can do it!!

ETA: I also have the "thinner in front" problem too.

CarpeDM
January 24th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Glad to see you here rags!

Rocket22
January 24th, 2011, 03:25 PM
my hair is for sure thinner in the front and on the sides. Seems like if you can get the front/sides long it will look longer? but I have really never been able to grow out the sides I sure hope LHC will get me there

McFearless
January 24th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Your hair is beautiful. I love the colour also. Stay motivated and don't give up!

CarpeDM
January 24th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks, that is a nice bow!