PDA

View Full Version : Heeeelp! Wax in hair!

xkmx
January 24th, 2011, 12:36 PM
I just got back from work and decided to stop quick and get my eyebrows waxed.
I arrive home to see that the lady that did it got a glob of wax in my hair. Now I can't cut it out, it's right in the middle of my hair line near the root. If I were to cut it I would have a reverse widows peak.

Any ideas on how to get it out?!

yellowflower
January 24th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Warm water to get it to melt, hot if its not to near your scalp? Or hot flannel?

Ishje
January 24th, 2011, 12:42 PM
maybe with hot water? just make sure it does not end up in the rest of your hair.
you could protect the rest of your hair with a towel or foil.

I would call the lady first though, maybe she has better tips.

lascuba
January 24th, 2011, 12:46 PM
OIL! Any kind is fine. Just apply and gently work it through until it loosens enough that you can pick or comb it out. Maybe use some warm/hot water to soften it first.

thisischristine
January 24th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Oil is the answer. I used it to remove some rogue wax from hair in a place I didn't want to wax but had overspread (that's enough detail....) and it worked.

In2wishin
January 24th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I don't know if this is different than candle wax (never had a waxing done) but I got some candle wax in my hair and got it out by freezing with ice and it picked out really fast.

UltraBella
January 24th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I am certified in waxing and the warm/hot water is a waste of time. It won't melt it. You need an oil or astringent. I would suggest trying the oil as it won't be hard on your hair.Saturate it well and then use a fine tooth comb or your fingernails to pull it to the ends of the hair shaft and remove it. It may just dissolve immeidately depending on which type of wax it is and you may just have to comb the leftover wax flakes out.
Easy fix, no worries :)

xkmx
January 26th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Thank you all! I saturated it in olive oil and managed to get most of it out... I'm still combing through and finding little spots where the wax spread :(
Hopefully with time I will get it all out!