PDA

View Full Version : Thank you

yellowflower
January 24th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Just wanted to say thankyou for all kind words and encouragment.

Still feel abit rubish today, but have shoved hair back out the way and just not thinking about it at all. I think after this year i iwll only have a few months and then the majority of it will be out, this year is going to be the hardest and so tempting to go and put dark dye on my ahir but i know that will only make things worse just got to get on with it and leave it alone and forget about it.

Thanks though everyone you haev been very kind :)

jojo
January 24th, 2011, 07:12 AM
I was just thinking of you, you are doing the right thing theres only one way to deal with hair when its getting on your nerves; put it in the naughty bun!

Were all here for you and you will get through this and have the long hair you dream of. Growing hair is easy right? wrong! sure it grows itself but it can be one hell of a roller coaster of a journey, but ride with it, put it up, forget it and treat it kindly-it will pay you richly!

Good luck with the rest of your hair growing and I hope your feeling more at ease with you hair now xx

madeline_
January 24th, 2011, 07:31 AM
I was thinking, have you maybe considered one of those pop-on pieces, like a bun or a ponytail? When your hair grows enough so that all your virgin hair will be on the outside of a ponytail, you'll maybe be able to hide the brassy bits.

I don't have a lot of hair myself so for updo's and such I usually work with human hair clip-in extensions that are hennaed in the same shade as my hair.

yellowflower
January 24th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I was just thinking of you, you are doing the right thing theres only one way to deal with hair when its getting on your nerves; put it in the naughty bun!

Were all here for you and you will get through this and have the long hair you dream of. Growing hair is easy right? wrong! sure it grows itself but it can be one hell of a roller coaster of a journey, but ride with it, put it up, forget it and treat it kindly-it will pay you richly!

Good luck with the rest of your hair growing and I hope your feeling more at ease with you hair now xx

This is going to be a massive rollercoster of a year, i think it has been a big lesson learnt. Why do we do these things, glad i have found this place where there are people in similar situations.

jojo
January 24th, 2011, 09:11 AM
But you will come through it and with longer , healthier hair and then when other newbies come on you can advise them and give them hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel!

I Wish id have found it years ago! I tell you my hair has been bleached until it was crying for mercy in the past :D never again! Were all here to learn and what doesnt kill you, will make you stronger!

bunzfan
January 24th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Thats the spirit i have seen your posts and i think many ladies here will agree that you can actually feel very down because of your hair at some time or another, my way of coping is to wear it up i hope this helps you to:)

yellowflower
January 24th, 2011, 09:27 AM
But you will come through it and with longer , healthier hair and then when other newbies come on you can advise them and give them hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel!

I Wish id have found it years ago! I tell you my hair has been bleached until it was crying for mercy in the past :D never again! Were all here to learn and what doesnt kill you, will make you stronger!

Very true, i was doing well forgetting about it today, then the person in my office brought it up like 5 times, in the end i told them to shut up and had to go to the toilet for a cry, its nice to forget about it not have idiots bringing it up and reminding you. Whenever i have a bad day now, i am just going to put it in a bun and just not worry or look at it. Its going to be so hard now to NOT put more dye on top but I know i would regret that in the long run as its a viscious cycle really.

I wanted to just get up and walk away from work today, but i cant do that. Need to focus on the good things, as things could be a lot worse, than a bad hair colour. Just need to remember that and try and keep positive.

Anje
January 24th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Glad you're starting to feel better. You'll get through this.

Hope that loser at your office finds someone else to tease (or a new job!). That kind of behavior really isn't appropriate (especially in an office setting!); it's just catty and juvenile.

vanity_acefake
January 24th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Good for you.
Sending you hugs.
:)

Alvrodul
January 24th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Thats the spirit i have seen your posts and i think many ladies here will agree that you can actually feel very down because of your hair at some time or another, my way of coping is to wear it up i hope this helps you to:)
This - very definitely! :)
Wearing it up is practical, comfortable, and gives you lots of scope for creativity and new styles - and it will also help you protect your hair.
And to cheer you up, there are few things as delightful as a pretty hairtoy - the right hairtoy can brighten your day immensely!:D

milagro
January 24th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Nice to know you are feeling better! :waving:
Just don't pay attention if that person in the office picks on you, he or she must have issues of his/her own - happy and secure people wouldn't do that.

2peasinapod
January 24th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I'm glad you're starting to feel better, too. I saw your posts, but unfortunately had no advice so I didn't reply. All I can say is, I know how you feel, and I don't think you're being silly at all. When I started growing my hair out, it looked so bad that I just wore a headscarf everywhere. People stared, but I felt so much more confident with a silly scarf covering my head than with my hair showing.

I was growing out a dyed jet black pixie, so the length was scraggly, and the ends were dull and two toned. At least with your length you have options. If you can't wear a pretty scarf at work, then I second the suggestions of a pretty hairtoy or clip on hair piece. If at least one part of your hair looks nice, it's easier to feel better about the rest. :)

I know it's hard, but you'll get through it. The good thing about hair is that it grows (although not fast enough sometimes ;)). When you start trimming the color out and seeing virgin roots, you'll feel so much better, I promise.

yellowflower
January 24th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks everyone I am feeling really happy this evening, which i havent felt in a while so thats AMAZING, I seen my virgin roots in the mirror and they are so nice and soft and so dark, ive never noticed how dark they were cant wait till they grow out some more, in about 6-8months my underneath will pretty much be virgin hair as it grows pretty quickly undrneath and its nearly 1/4 of the way out underneath and thats been 2months

spidermom
January 24th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Hooray; good to hear.

thisischristine
January 24th, 2011, 01:10 PM
It's so encouraging to see your soft, virgin colour coming through. You'll get through this in no time. I know how bad a bad hair day can be. I took time off school after one disastrous style because I literally couldn't face being out in public. It seems silly now, but I really thought it was the end of the world! It grew. It always does. x

ellen732
January 24th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better......I remember when I was in my twenties, and after all of the bad things I had done to my hair, I decided I was going to do nothing and grow it out. I wore it in a french braid every single day for almost a year. It really grew during that period and I didn't look at it every day which helped. You will get there, you are on the right track.

TiaKitty
January 24th, 2011, 02:25 PM
It's good to hear you're feeling better. I agree with the idea of the naughty bun! I do that pretty regularly. It really helps.

Make yourself a hairstick... It'll give you something to do AND a way to put your hair into your naughty bun! There's a thread on self-made hairtoys in the crafting forum, if you want some ideas. It can be as simple and cheap as a chopstick and some nailpolish... If you're gonna rock a bun, you might as well do it with style!

yellowflower
January 24th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better......I remember when I was in my twenties, and after all of the bad things I had done to my hair, I decided I was going to do nothing and grow it out. I wore it in a french braid every single day for almost a year. It really grew during that period and I didn't look at it every day which helped. You will get there, you are on the right track.

Thanks, hopefully hair grows quickly in twenties then, yes i decided i am going to put away the tape measure and not bother with it and not check everyday how much it has grown, just get on with everything else.

McFearless
January 24th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Your new positive outlook is going to make your hair journey a much happier one:) Good for you!