PDA

View Full Version : protein to retain length

jojo
January 24th, 2011, 05:42 AM
and I am talking topical ones.

I am on a no trims until November 22nd when it will have been a year for me. I am after retaining and gaining as much growth as possible, however because my hair is very fine (ii/iii in thickness but over all majority hairs are baby fine) it is prone to breaking at the ends, although it is not noticeably damaged. Although I understand ingested protein is very important for growth, I am wondering about topical protein to help fill in the gaps on my hair, which I think fragile hair has.

My hair up to just shorter than bsl could not handle proteins at all, it went crunchy and broke more, however now I am just past waist it appears to be liking them. I did a hardcore aphogee 2 step treatment this weekend and it has left my hair shiny, soft and strangely thicker in appearance.

My daughter checked my hair for splits prior and found only 6 which I am very pleased about; obviously!

I am wondering if I was to do a 6 weekly aphogee 2 step treatment, would this help make my naturally fragile hair, less fragile and thus retain the length I am growing. I have thought myself to be a very slow grower, but with hindsight I am thinking my hair is breaking 1/2 what it grows each month, so by strengthening the ends my hair will become stronger and not break.

I always follow my protein treatment with Balancing Moisturiser by aphogee and then a good moisture giving DC.

Do you think this sounds like a good plan?

My hair incidently when stretched goes to nearly double its length and then springs back to its original state; no snapping!