PDA

View Full Version : Accidental Hair Cuts

Dragon
January 24th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Has any one ever accidentally cut there hair?

I haven’t but almost have when cutting the top off a bag of frozen vegetable.

MinderMutsig
January 24th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Ever try to cut a split end that was just out of direct viewing range so you have to use a mirror to see what you were doing?

Don't.

jojo
January 24th, 2011, 04:36 AM
no but ive accidently shortened it in the past when I had a fringe, leaning over the cooker to light a *** and it got singed!

I don't know why it blocked that word f a g whats wrong with that?

naereid
January 24th, 2011, 04:58 AM
no but ive accidently shortened it in the past when I had a fringe, leaning over the cooker to light a *** and it got singed!

I don't know why it blocked that word f a g whats wrong with that?
It's a derogatory word for a homosexual, so the automatic word blocker doesn't allow it.

stefafra
January 24th, 2011, 05:18 AM
It's a derogatory word for a homosexual, so the automatic word blocker doesn't allow it.
Ehem, a bit like when all the "Americans" happily talk about "poof" and people on the other side of the pond cringe just a tiny bit....we are divided by a common language :wink:

madeline_
January 24th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Hahaha, love it! :D

jojo
January 24th, 2011, 06:29 AM

oops its slang for cigarette in the UK:o

jojo
January 24th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Ehem, a bit like when all the "Americans" happily talk about "poof" and people on the other side of the pond cringe just a tiny bit....we are divided by a common language :wink:

very true and don't get me started on fanny!:D

naereid
January 24th, 2011, 06:31 AM
oops its slag for cigarette in the UK:o
I love UK slang! :grnbiggri Was just about to mention fanny, too.

jojo
January 24th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Its great I love the double meanings of words used by UKers and Americans! :D

gretchen_hair
January 24th, 2011, 07:17 AM
I just googled poof and fanny, I never would have known!

GRU
January 24th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Apologies for completely OT post.... ignore if you want to.

So I just *had* to do this now, and of all things I found Poof - changing the way you do your business, one drop at a time (http://www.poofdrops.com/). So now I have to go read Nightshade's thread about toilet etiquette (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20703) here, because it was hilarious! :lol:

CarpeDM
January 24th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Oh yes I have accidentally cut my hair before. One time I was in the shower and went to shave my armpit hair but didn't realize a bunch of hair from my head had slid to the side under my arm and I accidentally razored a big piece of my hair off :wail:

Stine
January 24th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Ever try to cut a split end that was just out of direct viewing range so you have to use a mirror to see what you were doing?

Don't.
Yep... :(
Luckily, it was not too bad, the strand was very thin, but I lost about 4cm (almost 2") on that one... :mad: :(
I will definitely not repeat that one...no no no.........

....and I hope that I won't repeat doing that razor-incident mentioned here.....Oo.......unless(?) to say that I am a big candidate for repeating that. :o

Chamy
January 24th, 2011, 02:11 PM
I accidentally cut off a chunk of my hair when i s&d'd, it felt horrible at the time. But it does'nt show so it's ok.

Speckla
January 24th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I was cutting a piece of paper, leaned foward, and my hair flopped over just as I was cutting. I almost ended up with a layered cut...

In2wishin
January 24th, 2011, 02:49 PM
So far I only did it as a little girl. I was curious to see how scissors actually worked so I was moving them back and forth and at the same time was looking really close at the hinge...... a nice square chunk right in the middle of my bangs disappeared :p Mom had to cut them really short to even it all up.

Intransigentia
January 24th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Wow, despite my clumsiness and inattention, that's something I've actually not managed to do to myself! On the other hand, when I was trying to snip off the end of a tube of caulking, I almost took off my fingertip. Priorities, I guess.

Rocket22
January 24th, 2011, 03:44 PM

hahaha that is funny I just did the same before I went to page two of this thread :) hey gotta keep up!

lyria
January 24th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Well, sort of: I was hiking in the jungle in Belize and one of our guides who was clearing the trail with a machete decided to cut my hair with it too. Luckily, not a full chop, just a few strands, but not exactly planned!

enfys
January 24th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Nope. Touch wood.

leoninnu
January 24th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Its great I love the double meanings of words used by UKers and Americans! :D

Okay, this isn't really similar to those words but I remember my mind being seriously boggled in elementary school when I learned that in UK you can go to john. To take a dump you know :D

GRU
January 24th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Must exercise great caution when S&Ding your hair as a passenger in a vehicle traveling down a bumpy road...

Shay0969
January 24th, 2011, 09:09 PM
Yes--and it was BAD!

When my hair was really short I often cut it myself. For a while I had this really short pixie, with the back shaved with an electric razor--longest plastic attachment

One day I had finished one side, and removed the plastic attachment to use the razor to clean up neck hair, when the phone rang....

I talked to a friend, then went back to cutting my hair. I forgot I'd removed the attachment and started on the other side of the back of my head. By the time I realized it a nice sized portion of the back of my head was shaved!!

The back of me looked like Sinead O'Connor's ultra-shaved look.

Worse, this was Friday, and on Sunday I was the Scripture reader. I had to walk up to the front with the whole church staring at my shaved head in back.

That was the last time I cut my own hair with an electric razor!!!

Milui Elenath
January 25th, 2011, 01:58 AM
Oh Shay0969 that's awful . . . but funny (it wasn't recently was it? If so it's probably not so funny to you- yet).

Another almost here - I was harvesting lavender with the garden shears on a windy day - my hair is almost always in an updo I have no idea what I was thinking. Needless to say I dropped everything and ran inside to put it up before continuing my gardening.

Shay0969
January 25th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Milui Elanath--no it wasn't recent. Fortunately. And it is funny now, but I just cried after I did that.

My avatar is my now shoulder length hair, and no razor shall touch my head again:poot: