PDA

View Full Version : Cut

KellyGormley
January 23rd, 2011, 07:58 PM
So my hair was blonde and I deicied I wanted to go back to Brunette big opp's my hair turned green. So I had to go have it professionally fixed and cut because it was so dead and i'm so mad at myself.
I went from bsl to shoulder length. It took me two years to grow it out. Ugh any tips on helping the regrowth? Its all really healthy and no more super amounts of shedding so any good growth tips and recipes would be really appreciated. I have prom coming up and I hope it will at least grow a little bit

HintOfMint
January 23rd, 2011, 08:15 PM
You can baby your hair as much as possible to make sure that your hair doesn't break off at the ends as it grows. The most effective change most people make is to cut out heatstyling (blowdriers, flat irons and the like). Aside from that, try careful detangling, as opposed to ripping a brush through your hair. When you get a tangle, work it out with your fingers first instead of pulling a comb/brush through it. There is a lot of information on this site, and some exploration should give you more ideas.

I would caution you against the threads that advise taking biotin and the like for growth. Eating a healthy diet is usually enough to get the nutrients your hair needs to maximize growth. If you are unable to get this, your run of the mill multivitamin should be good enough.

perkidanman
January 23rd, 2011, 10:13 PM
I agree, the best way is to just baby your hair as much as possible. Try not to heatstyle and massaging your scalp should help with growing as well.