PDA

View Full Version : Interview Hair?

PiroskaCicu
January 23rd, 2011, 01:12 PM
I just got an interview for next week-end!! I'm really excited.
But how do I put my hair so that it is protected and still looks professional? I don't want it to be too "severe" either.

Any updo/style suggestions? My hair is only 22" long so, almost BSL.

teela1978
January 23rd, 2011, 01:19 PM
Folded braid? That's one of my go-to "professional" styles.

CindyLea1
January 23rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
I think an updo would be great interview hair. French twist, logroll, sock bun, all come to mind.

For a down 'do; I'd go half in half out, maybe braid the ponytail. Or do little braids or twists from the front and pin in the back with a small barrette.

skyblue
January 23rd, 2011, 01:58 PM
I agree a nice french twist looks very elegant and professional
good luck with the interveiw

jojo
January 23rd, 2011, 02:13 PM
Good luck with the interview! I agree with the french twist

Kaelee
January 23rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
What kind of job is it? I interviewed with just a straight up ponytail (my hair isn't quite APL and isn't long enough for anything else) with my bangs/fringe pinned on top of my head.

Panth
January 23rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
French twist sounds good.

I've had a few interviews recently and have been using JJJ's pretzel bun (as via torrinpaige's youtube tutorial) held with a flexi-8, though I have a feeling that my version of the pretzel bun looks more like a log roll... However, I like it because it's smart looking but easy to fix after I smooshed it travelling there on the train. I'm just past classic.

jaine
January 23rd, 2011, 02:59 PM
I vote for a bun or twist ... your best bet is something uncomplicated, simple, quick to do, up out of the way, secured with plain-looking hairsticks or hidden pins.

The goal would be a hairstyle that your interviewers probably won't even notice - so they can pay more attention to your work.

I vote against braids... even if they are quick to do most people have no idea how to do them so they think it takes hours. It wouldn't help you to give off an "I spend hours on my hair" vibe.

Elphie
January 23rd, 2011, 03:10 PM
I've always liked the inverted ponytail for when my hair was shorter. It's easy and it manages to come off complicated. Besides, if you're nervous before an interview like I would be, you won't have to worry about your hair so much!

luxepiggy
January 23rd, 2011, 03:13 PM
I recommend a French twist, with spin pins, so you don't have any distracting hairtoys sticking out (^(oo)^)

If you've got too much hair for a regular French twist, you can wrap the excess around and pin with regular hairpins:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6020&pictureid=84532

PiroskaCicu
January 23rd, 2011, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try out the French Twist. I've never done that style before so we'll see how it turns out!