PDA

View Full Version : Clip in Hair Extensions

BeachBabe91
January 23rd, 2011, 05:49 AM
I know most of you are probably against hair extensions, and I know it's sort of "cheating", but I really want to feel like I have long hair now. I've had them before and they're great. I want to wear them until my own hair grows long enough -- maybe below BSL, which should be in 3 to four months. The ones I am purchasing are 20". What do you guys think, or have any tips of how to take really good care of them??

aggie_deirde
January 23rd, 2011, 06:19 AM
My hair is way past bsl,mid back.I would like to find clip in extencions to give more body to my hair.To give length is a plus!But they are expencive!

hippiechick1976
January 23rd, 2011, 07:33 AM
i went to sallys and bought purple and pink things on a seam and made my own. They are great and I use them alot and way cheaper to make urself. I just sewed them on clips they sell there.

Sweet_Decadence
January 23rd, 2011, 09:39 AM
Clip-ins are great! The only real issue with them is the weight of them can give you little bald spots where the clips that attach them to your hair goes if they're worn very frequently. I suppose trying to detangle them from your real hair is also an issue.

When I stopped using them I was using 10 layers of them to make them blend with my real hair.

Yeah, go for it. Just be careful to make sure that your real hair deson't suffer because of them.

YesitsReal
January 23rd, 2011, 09:45 AM
Can't the little clippies be damaging?

Juneii
January 23rd, 2011, 09:57 AM
The problem with clip ins is that I see some which require back combing to keep it in place. Over the long run yes it can be damaging, but not as damaging as long-term extensions. In my opinion since you're growing your hair out to be longer than (or as long as) the extensions they will become useless very soon. But do as you like - maybe you'll find that you like switching between two lengths and use extensions regularly.

Buddaphlyy
January 23rd, 2011, 11:14 AM
First off, wearing extensions is not cheating.

From my understanding, clips require that some of your own hair be left out and exposed. This imho defeats the purpose if you are trying to grow your hair out quickly. I think you might be better off getting a wig or bunning until you get to the length you want.

BeachBabe91
January 23rd, 2011, 03:19 PM
The problem with clip ins is that I see some which require back combing to keep it in place. Over the long run yes it can be damaging, but not as damaging as long-term extensions. In my opinion since you're growing your hair out to be longer than (or as long as) the extensions they will become useless very soon. But do as you like - maybe you'll find that you like switching between two lengths and use extensions regularly.

You're right. Thanks :) I actually completely decided against them, the more I thought about it. Not exactly for damage reasons, but just the fact that my hair is already getting long and it would only be a few months until I wouldn't wear them anymore... five months at most, and who's to say they would even last that long? >.< Also, sooo much money. It's always over $100 to get a decent set.

mojavewolf1
January 24th, 2011, 08:32 AM
:)
My hair is way past bsl,mid back.I would like to find clip in extencions to give more body to my hair.To give length is a plus!But they are expencive!

Go to ebay....They sell the same human hair that I bought at Sallys for 85.00 clip ons..for half that price...I have been wearing them too as my hair grows out...:eyebrows: