PDA

View Full Version : Cutting my hair...it's official.

meishkamooshka
January 23rd, 2011, 02:09 AM
So, I'm having my mom cut my hair tomorrow.

I'm donating the pony to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program. Thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions in my former post regarding this cut.:thumbsup:

This is my current length. Saying goodbye (:waving:) to 8+ inches tomorrow, but am trying to retain at least APL (if possible). Will post pictures tomorrow after the deed is done.

:violin:Although it is bittersweet, I know the hair is going to a good cause, and my hair can get a fresh start this year. I now have access to all of the wonderful advice on this forum to utilize on my hair's new journey to Classic Length. Part of this cut is to see how long it takes me to get there and to chart my hair growth in terms of health! So, even though it's a little bit daunting....I think it's worth it!

To My Soon-to-be 'old' hair:

The journey was long
There were a few snags
Broken brush handles
And curls spawned from rags

The tangles were plenty
The bands, they all broke
Compliments were given
By numerous folk

There was poo and conditioner
Not much hairspray
The occasional updo
But usually a braid

There was hair drenched in cereal milk
And painful moans
Really sore arms
And REALLY LOUD groans

But there were many things that were cool
Like feeling you across my back when I'd dance
Pretending to be a mermaid in the pool
Or the boyfriend's ever-appreciative glance

Of all my lost hairs,
I will miss you the most
So here and now,
I propose a toast:

'Here's to the good hair days,
And even the bad
Here's to the longest hair
I've ever had!':toast:

:heart:http://i53.tinypic.com/149s29d.jpg:heart:

Goodbye hair! I will miss you!

LocustSpawning
January 23rd, 2011, 02:20 AM
..WOW.

You are very brave to be doing this! I admire your bravery!!! I'm sure your new hair will be even *more* beautiful.

Ishje
January 23rd, 2011, 02:21 AM
good luck :) your hair is gorgeous! I am sure it will help some other people as well ^^

Dragon
January 23rd, 2011, 02:25 AM
You are so brave. Good luck :) You have beautiful hair.

meishkamooshka
January 23rd, 2011, 02:26 AM
..WOW.

You are very brave to be doing this! I admire your bravery!!! I'm sure your new hair will be even *more* beautiful.

Thank you so much! To be honest, I thought about it for a couple months now and decided I should just go through it - so I don't know if I consider it brave (I definitely looked before I leaped)!

Hahah. Again, thank you. I certainly hope by following some of the words of wisdom on this forum I will garner the hair I desire!

good luck :) your hair is gorgeous! I am sure it will help some other people as well ^^

That's what I hope will come from it! I figure the more I can donate, the better. And thank your the compliment on my hair. :D

You are so brave. Good luck You have beautiful hair.

Thank you. You are very kind....ALL OF YOU! :D

milagro
January 23rd, 2011, 02:55 AM
Well, I was shocked by the thread's title as it hasn't been two hours since I looked through your hair album and liked it so much :D But it's going to a beautiful cause and it will grow again, big kudos then!

WynneWear
January 23rd, 2011, 03:21 AM
Your hair is so beautiful and will be beautiful even at a shorter length. Not that APL is all that short but compared to your lovely mane it is. I hope you like the new cut/do and get used to it quickly! :)

I have to reiterate the 'brave' comments: this is brave of you!

vanity_acefake
January 23rd, 2011, 04:39 AM
What an amazingly selfless thing to do. Good luck with the cut and enjoy your new length.
:)

freckles
January 23rd, 2011, 05:33 AM
Good luck! I hope you like the cut :)

Prettyeyes23
January 23rd, 2011, 05:41 AM
All the best with your cut. I know we would all love to see the results!

Fufu
You are very brave :) can't wait to see your new hairstyle.

serious
Well, I was shocked by the thread's title as it hasn't been two hours since I looked through your hair album and liked it so much :D But it's going to a beautiful cause and it will grow again, big kudos then!

Same here!

Enjoy your new length!

autumnchild
January 23rd, 2011, 07:18 AM
very cute poem !! love it! :)

scorpio_rising
January 23rd, 2011, 07:24 AM
Your poem is fab!

I've done the same thing you're doing and I thought it felt GREAT! And helping others in the process is just icing on the cake. Enjoy!

RadiantNeedle
January 23rd, 2011, 07:31 AM
What a wonderful poem!
Hope the cut goes well and good for you for donating!
Here's to many more years of healthy growing and good fun.

jojo
January 23rd, 2011, 08:22 AM
Aww what a selfless thing to do and yes brave. I don't know if I could do it but you have obviously thought this out and feel its what you want to do, so good luck and I hope you enjoy your journey.

I loved the poem too!

Muse
January 23rd, 2011, 08:28 AM
I admire your decision! You have such pretty hair.

Tookii
January 23rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Hope you enjoy the cut! In the long run it will be good for your hair though as it has new beginning.

DakarNick
January 23rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
Good luck with the new cut! From your current length to APL is around 18"?

Kherome
January 23rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
Congrats, but doesn't the donation have to be 10 inches minimum to be used? Either way I'm sure you'll love the new do!

sibiryachka
January 23rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
Bravo to you for your courage in cutting, your generosity in donating, and your awesome poem!

Caramel
January 23rd, 2011, 10:44 AM
You're really brave, and I'm sure your beautiful hair will make someone very happy. I'm sure it'll be a interesting journey for you not just hairwise, but also psychologically. I hope it will be a positive experience for you, that you'll still love it when it's shorter and that it'll grow back fast if you want it to.

meishkamooshka
January 23rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
You are so brave. Good luck :) You have beautiful hair.

Thank you! You're sweet!

Aww! Haha. I'm honored you like my album so much. Thank you!

Your hair is so beautiful and will be beautiful even at a shorter length. Not that APL is all that short but compared to your lovely mane it is. I hope you like the new cut/do and get used to it quickly! :)

I have to reiterate the 'brave' comments: this is brave of you!

Haha! Yes. It is quite a difference! Thank you for your kind words!

What an amazingly selfless thing to do. Good luck with the cut and enjoy your new length.
:)

Thank you very much!!! I'm glad I can donate to such a good cause.

Good luck! I hope you like the cut :)

Thank you! It turned out pretty well for a home cut job!

All the best with your cut. I know
we would all love to see the results!

I'll definitely be posting some pictures! Thank you!

meishkamooshka
January 23rd, 2011, 12:56 PM
You are very brave :) can't wait to see your new hairstyle.

You guys are so liberal with your use of the word brave, but thank you! I'll have pics up shortly!

Same here!

Enjoy your new length!

Thank you! I'll definitely try, since it does bring with it some new opportunities for experimentation.

very cute poem !! love it! :)
Hahaha! Thank you! I felt this hunk of hair deserved something before it left my head, and that was the best I could come up with.

Your poem is fab!

I've done the same thing you're doing and I thought it felt GREAT! And helping others in the process is just icing on the cake. Enjoy!

You're right! It does feel great, and boy does that icing taste good! Thank you very much!

What a wonderful poem!
Hope the cut goes well and good for you for donating!
Here's to many more years of healthy growing and good fun.

Thank you. I can't wait to grow it out again! :D

Aww what a selfless thing to do and yes brave. I don't know if I could do it but you have obviously thought this out and feel its what you want to do, so good luck and I hope you enjoy your journey.

I loved the poem too!

I think it was the right decision for me (I thought about it for at least a year now), but I can definitely see how it wouldn't be for most. It's a lot of hair! Haha. Thank you for your sentiments. I'm glad you enjoyed the poem!

I admire your decision! You have such pretty hair.

Many thanks!

Hope you enjoy the cut! In the long run it will be good for your hair though as it has new beginning.

That's what I'm thinking! I'm sure I'll enjoy the possibilities presented by the new cut! Thanks!

Good luck with the new cut! From your current length to APL is around 18"?

I believe it's about 15". And thank you!

Congrats, but doesn't the donation have to be 10 inches minimum to be used? Either way I'm sure you'll love the new do!

Beautiful Lengths only requires 8 inches. Locks of Love requires ten!
And thank you!

meishkamooshka
January 23rd, 2011, 12:58 PM
Bravo to you for your courage in cutting, your generosity in donating, and your awesome poem!

Wow! Thank you!

You're really brave, and I'm sure your beautiful hair will make someone very happy. I'm sure it'll be a interesting journey for you not just hairwise, but also psychologically. I hope it will be a positive experience for you, that you'll still love it when it's shorter and that it'll grow back fast if you want it to.

Thank you for those very nice words. I'm sure it will be interesting.

meishkamooshka
January 23rd, 2011, 01:08 PM
It has been done! And here are the pictures to prove it!!! (Off to change my siggy!)

Before!

http://i55.tinypic.com/s3cw2s.jpg

After
http://i55.tinypic.com/k9dxrs.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/1z3z8gm.jpg

First Braid
http://i55.tinypic.com/33lz4ap.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/i/photoon20110123at1059.jpg/

milagro
January 23rd, 2011, 01:22 PM
The new look is very pretty :flower: I bet you're having this "light head" feeling now :D
Thanks for the pictures!

Vorvolaka
January 23rd, 2011, 01:48 PM
Wow, I'm not sure I could do that!

TropicalBreeze
January 23rd, 2011, 01:50 PM
You are amazing and very inspiring! And your hair is still long after the cut.

PrincessBob
January 23rd, 2011, 01:58 PM
What sweet thoughts, everybody. I love that you wrote an ode to your cut hair. ^.^

WynneWear
January 23rd, 2011, 02:23 PM
You and your hair still look gorgeous after the cut! Kudos to you. :) *hugs*

Lostsoule77
January 23rd, 2011, 02:39 PM
That is a great thing you are doing. Kudos to you! I love the poem. :) Your hair looks just lovely after the cut. Enjoy your lighter head for now and the journey ahead. :applause

MimiKeki
January 23rd, 2011, 02:42 PM
You really are incredibly brave. I loved the poem you wrote.
I hope you are happy with the result xx

autumnchild
January 23rd, 2011, 03:02 PM
looks GREAT !!! good decision all the way around !! :thumbsup:

scorpio_rising
January 23rd, 2011, 03:44 PM
I love your new haircut! Your hair is as beautiful as ever. :)

mrs_b
January 23rd, 2011, 04:11 PM
you go girl!:applause

Your hair is so pretty, thick, shiny and healthy that no matter how long it is still going to look gorgeous.

Tia2010
January 23rd, 2011, 04:23 PM
I like the poem . Enjoy your new hair, it looks great! :)

Darkhorse1
January 23rd, 2011, 05:41 PM
What a lovely thing you did! Thanks for sharing that with us and best of luck to your new growth :)

McFearless
January 23rd, 2011, 05:42 PM
You're an inspiration, good for you!

chopandchange
January 23rd, 2011, 06:53 PM
But...I don't understand.

If you want to grow your hair to classic length, why did you cut it? Was it unhealthy?

Dragon
January 23rd, 2011, 07:29 PM
Your new hair looks great :) Happy growing.

DakarNick
January 23rd, 2011, 09:41 PM
I'm sad to see it go, but it looks good! I especially like how it is longer in front than in the back when brought forward.

Fufu
January 23rd, 2011, 10:15 PM
Love your new hair :)

meishkamooshka
January 23rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
The new look is very pretty I bet you're having this "light head" feeling now
Thanks for the pictures!

I definitely mam having a light head, bouncy hair feeling now. I'll enjoy it for about a week, then I'll start whining about the hairstyles I can't do...lol. No problem.

Wow, I'm not sure I could do that!

It's definitely hard to see that much go. My mom said she felt like she had murdered someone; her eyes even teared up when she lopped it off!

You are amazing and very inspiring! And your hair is still long after the cut.

Haha. It doesn't feel long, but that's because my perception of long is like tailbone length.

What sweet thoughts, everybody. I love that you wrote an ode to your cut hair. ^.^

I agree! These people are too kind. Glad you liked the ode!

You and your hair still look gorgeous after the cut! Kudos to you. *hugs*

:D You speak such sweet words. I'll take that hug and raise you a high five. :high five:

That is a great thing you are doing. Kudos to you! I love the poem. Your hair looks just lovely after the cut. Enjoy your lighter head for now and the journey ahead.

I'm happy you loved the poem! I'm greatly anticipating the journey, but am currently enjoying the lighter head!

You really are incredibly brave. I loved the poem you wrote.
I hope you are happy with the result xx

I'm pleased that you enjoyed the poem!

looks GREAT !!! good decision all the way around !!

Yay! I'm glad you think so!

I love your new haircut! Your hair is as beautiful as ever.

Aww! Such nice praise!

you go girl!

Your hair is so pretty, thick, shiny and healthy that no matter how long it is still going to look gorgeous.

I'm thrilled that you think so!

I like the poem . Enjoy your new hair, it looks great!

So happy you liked both!

What a lovely thing you did! Thanks for sharing that with us and best of luck to your new growth

I wouldn't dream of not sharing! I'll take that luck, and apply it liberally all over my scalp. ;)

You're an inspiration, good for you!

You guys are making me blush with this inspiration stuff!

But...I don't understand.

If you want to grow your hair to classic length, why did you cut it? Was it unhealthy?

It wasn't terribly unhealthy, but I wanted to start fresh. I also wanted to donate my hair to someone who could use it. My hair will grow back relatively quickly, whereas the people I am donating it to won't necessarily have that capability.

Your new hair looks great :) Happy growing.

You too!

I'm sad to see it go, but it looks good! I especially like how it is longer in front than in the back when brought forward.

Trust me, you're not the only one. My mom was miserable for about an hour afterward.

Love your new hair

Yay!

meishkamooshka
January 23rd, 2011, 10:24 PM
To Everyone:

Thank you thank you thank you thank you, soooooo much! You all are so wonderful and kind and appreciative, and I am overwhelmed by the love and support from every one of you!

Seriously, you guys made this cut about 20 times easier, and with all your magnificent compliments, I've never felt better after a cut than I do now. So thank you!

meishkamooshka
January 24th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Sorry if I offended anyone with the picture of my chopped braid. I was just trying to show everyone how much hair I had donated. I've hence taken it down.

utdesertrunner
January 24th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Your hair looks amazing! Healthy, thick and strong!

jojo
January 24th, 2011, 04:27 PM
It looks absolutely beautiful; a perfect example of thick healthy hair.

Tressie
January 24th, 2011, 04:56 PM
Your hair looks lovely before and after! You are a generous person! (o:

meishkamooshka
January 25th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Your hair looks amazing! Healthy, thick and strong!
Thank you!

It looks absolutely beautiful; a perfect example of thick healthy hair.
Wow, thank you for the nice words! My hair appreciates it, lol.

Your hair looks lovely before and after! You are a generous person! (o:

Aww. I try to be generous with what I can, when I can! Thank you!

BeautifulBella
January 25th, 2011, 07:30 PM
very brave... lots of good karma coming your way for your kindness & generosity

LadyJennifer
January 26th, 2011, 05:50 PM
You're so sweet (and brave) for doing this! Your hair is lovely!

meishkamooshka
January 28th, 2011, 01:30 PM
very brave... lots of good karma coming your way for your kindness & generosity

Aww! Thank you!

You're so sweet (and brave) for doing this! Your hair is lovely!

Your kind words make me very happy. Thank you!

lupiae
January 29th, 2011, 07:41 AM
What a brave and kind woman! People who need your hair will thanksgive you in their heart. Yor hair were and are gorgeous. I hope you are thinking to grow it back again.

meishkamooshka
January 29th, 2011, 09:13 AM
What a brave and kind woman! People who need your hair will thanksgive you in their heart. Yor hair were and are gorgeous. I hope you are thinking to grow it back again.

Thank ya, kindly! I plan to grow it back again, this time to classic!

meishkamooshka
March 3rd, 2011, 01:12 PM
I will be posting pics soon of my one month ( and a litle more) growth. Its hardly noticeable, but I figure, why not? I will probably chart my progress every month with a picture.