PDA

View Full Version : One Month-ish Anniversary and Update (and some hair pics!)

musicallberrii
January 22nd, 2011, 02:14 PM
Hey everyone =) I joined LHC December 1, 2010 and already have noticed a lot of improvement in my hair. I posted something like this a couple weeks ago, but didn't have a current hair picture. I've been amazed in the difference in my hair before and after, and I can only hope it gets better!

Before:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6792&pictureid=90312
My hair was a bit of a mess, really rough and impossible to get a comb through without some conditioner. I'd wake up in the morning with tons of frizz and an oily scalp. You can't see them well here, but the ends were like velcro. It's especially noticeable at my scalp, but my hair got stringy and oily looking very easily despite it being dry.

After:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6792&pictureid=94249
Amazingly, this is after sleeping with it loose (I fell asleep last night before I could braid it) and just running a comb through. I did a very small trim for New Years, but it still looks like I've gained some length. It feels unbelievably soft and for the first time in.. well, forever, I can braid it one hour, put it up in a bun the next, and then let it down and it STILL isn't stringy!

I'm pretty excited about my hair :cheese: Family and friends have been commenting on how long its getting and how much softer and nicer it's looked. I can't wait to hit waist!

Celtic_Willow
January 22nd, 2011, 02:24 PM
It looks great! Very soft & shiny looking, keep up the good work!

NouvelleNymphe2
January 22nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
wow, looks lovely!! i love the color and texture, just beautiful, congrats!!

musicallberrii
January 22nd, 2011, 02:51 PM
Thanks so much you two! =)

Kherome
January 22nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
Are you sure you're not already AT waist level? It looks way past BSL to me.

musicallberrii
January 22nd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Kherome, my hair is usually wavier with some curls thrown in. Stretched out, it is still a couple inches from waist. Its nice to know it looks like waist though! It is very close atleast =)

Avital88
January 22nd, 2011, 03:56 PM
Fast growth! Congratz! X

Anywhere
January 22nd, 2011, 05:05 PM
I love your hair color. :eyebrows:

Yay on better hair health, congratulations. :D

Wanderer09
January 22nd, 2011, 05:58 PM
Congrats! Looks like your hair grows fast!

jojo
January 22nd, 2011, 05:59 PM
your hair is so pretty and such a beautiful colour too

turquoisebud
January 22nd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Looks great! :) I too love the color! Very pretty and it looks a lot healthier!

Dragon
January 22nd, 2011, 09:09 PM
Great progress :)

musicallberrii
January 22nd, 2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks everyone! :)