PDA

View Full Version : A plan so I dont have to shave my head....

yellowflower
January 22nd, 2011, 10:34 AM
I went into the hairdresser's today to get some of the blue shampoo. However I ended up speaking to their colourist expert and said how I feel about my hair etc....

She has said to spend the month sorting out the condition so doing treatments etc. and then I can go in and sit down and talk about colours with her to go darker.

I have graduation in the summer so I want my hair to look nice for that.

My parents think Im crazy as i was so upset before when it was dark, however I am just as upset with this colour as well. At least this way I will be prepared for the darkness.

So at least I wont have to shave my head.

She also said if the colour fades she can just dye the lengths and leave the roots until it has all grown out.

Even more important she said that it wont go green!!! Like the others have been telling me that it will go green.

Anywhere
January 22nd, 2011, 10:41 AM
Putting an ash color over blonde hair will make it have a greenish cast, I've seen with a classmate who went to a salon, she was upset and got it fixed a few days later. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you're using blue shampoo and are going to re-dye instead of shaving your head. You don't have to go too dark anyway (I read this as you dyeing your hair say, dark brown. so if you're just dyeing it darker blonde ignore that).

Yay for you for finding other options though. I hope you end up liking your end result. :flower:

ETA: Graduation? Condratulations! :D

yellowflower
January 22nd, 2011, 10:44 AM
I didnt get the blue shampoo she said not to use if i am going to go darker in a month

Anywhere
January 22nd, 2011, 11:07 AM
oh. Leave it to me to misinterpret. :p

Either way I'm hoping that you like your eventual new color. Are you trying to go to your natural color? Or was your natural color the blonde?

yellowflower
January 22nd, 2011, 11:13 AM
My natural colour is brown i think, i dont know i havent seen it in 9years!!!

lapushka
January 22nd, 2011, 11:21 AM
My natural colour is brown i think, i dont know i havent seen it in 9years!!!

Erm... what do you mean? You posted a YouTube video earlier on that showed about half of your hair is brown (your natural color) and that the hair from about shoulder length down is the color you can't live with. I think in that thread we pretty much all established your hair is brown and you even agreed. You haven't seen your hair in 9 years, you say? What about the bit from root to shoulder? I think it's been out of your head long enough for you to notice it's indeed brown, no? :) :p

yellowflower
January 22nd, 2011, 11:33 AM
Erm... what do you mean? You posted a YouTube video earlier on that showed about half of your hair is brown (your natural color) and that the hair from about shoulder length down is the color you can't live with. I think in that thread we pretty much all established your hair is brown and you even agreed. You haven't seen your hair in 9 years, you say? What about the bit from root to shoulder? I think it's been out of your head long enough for you to notice it's indeed brown, no? :) :p

Youtube?? Huh i dont think that was me.....and my hair isnt past my shoulders so that isnt me.

lapushka
January 22nd, 2011, 11:36 AM
Youtube?? Huh i dont think that was me.....and my hair isnt past my shoulders so that isnt me.

Okay. I'm probably confusing you with someone else, then. Sorry! :flower:

ETA. I did confuse you with someone else. OMG, this is confusing. :lol: Yep, it's "Anywhere" who I've got you confused with. I also thought you were her in your shave your hair thread. This is *so* embarrassing! :oops:

I apologize! :flower:

Anywhere
January 22nd, 2011, 11:44 AM
Lapushka you're probably thinking of me (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=63841). :flower:

ETA: you edited your post as I was posting. heh. Me posting in this thread probably confused you. :p

lapushka
January 22nd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Lapushka you're probably thinking of me (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=63841). :flower:

ETA: you edited your post as I was posting. heh. Me posting in this thread probably confused you. :p

:lol: OMG I still don't know how this happened.
I apologize, Anywhere! :flower:

McFearless
January 22nd, 2011, 12:14 PM
You say you were upset when you went dark. Why go through that again?

Do you mind posting a photo of your hair? I bet you'll get even better advice if people can see what it looks like.

Anywhere
January 22nd, 2011, 12:23 PM
Yes, A picture would be helpful. Or even googling to find pictures of colors similar to your hair.

spidermom
January 22nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
Like McFearless said, I was wondering the same thing about going dark. I hope you mean a little darker to blend the colors. I'm not a color expert by any means, but I have heard that colors go a lot darker than the sample on porous, damaged hair.

jojo
January 23rd, 2011, 08:27 AM
what Spidermom said. I and I am going back years ago now so maybe dyes have changed ended up with nearly black hair after putting a light brown dye on my bleached hair; I looked like a crow and although it looked shinyat first my hair after a month or so ended up looking really dull and straw like, so i ended up getting it stripped-huge mistake!

I am not trying to make you feel bad but just telling you what may happen.

yellowflower
January 23rd, 2011, 08:42 AM
what Spidermom said. I and I am going back years ago now so maybe dyes have changed ended up with nearly black hair after putting a light brown dye on my bleached hair; I looked like a crow and although it looked shinyat first my hair after a month or so ended up looking really dull and straw like, so i ended up getting it stripped-huge mistake!

I am not trying to make you feel bad but just telling you what may happen.

I should really learnt the more ive tried to "fix" it the worse it has got, so dying it dark will prob to be a bad idea that will come out worse than it is now....