PDA

View Full Version : curly hair and 'poo bars

twilightmom
January 22nd, 2011, 09:09 AM
Hi all. I was wondering if any curlies are using shampoo bars. If so, which ones do you find have been the best? Also, do you use a vinegar rinse each time and a conditioner afterwards?
I have purchased some samples from CV and would like to use them, but I have heard conflicting things when it comes to curly hair. I have been co'washing for the last week. But hair is still frizzy.

curlsgalore
January 22nd, 2011, 02:31 PM
I'm a curly! I've been using shampoo bars 1-3 times a week for over a year. I water wash and co-wash in between. I love shampoo bars :crush:! My faves are Chagrin valley and applevalleynatural shampoo bars. As far as the CV bars, all the ones I've used, I like but my fave is the honey butter bar. The AV ones, I love the babasau(sp?) one but have had success with many others. Today I tried the brunette one and I love it. Hopes this helps. :)

curlsgalore
January 22nd, 2011, 02:34 PM
Forgot to add that I don't do an ACV rinse every time, just occasionally and I always use conditioner. Feel free to ask any questions. :)

Copasetic
January 22nd, 2011, 05:03 PM
I am a curly and I used to use shampoo bars all the time. The ones I used were from The Soap Works, which I am pretty certain is available only in Canada. I used a vinegar rinse afterwards about half the time, and always used conditioner afterwards.

kteachone
January 22nd, 2011, 05:12 PM
I like the Lush bars. My favorite was Hybrid, but it was disconned, but Karma is my second, followed by New!, which is a good scalp stimulant. I always condition after.

twilightmom
January 23rd, 2011, 07:16 AM
Thank you for the tips. I used the olive and babbasou (sp?) yesterday with a vinegar rinse and then I used Tresseme natural cond. I think I will try using them only a few times a week since my curls were not that formed.