PDA

View Full Version : Finally: A reason to like (American) football (hair related) :)

Nina
January 21st, 2011, 10:01 PM
I am not much of a sports fan, and could care less about the NFL playoff this weekend....but I finally found something worth watching - long-haired football players with gorgeous manes :) The one that caught my eye was Clay Matthews from Green Bay Packers. I searched online for images, and WOWZA! :D Great hair!

The only thing that made me sad was that there were also lots of articles and commentaries about whether these "manly" football players should have long hair and too many people said it wasn't masculine. :(

I applaud him though for embracing his mane and not caring what other people think!

lundmir
January 21st, 2011, 10:09 PM
I personally think he looks quite manly and would with any length of hair. Wow!

musicallberrii
January 21st, 2011, 11:00 PM
His hair is nice.. I also love Troy Polamalu's hair! I know nothing but football, but some of those guys have great heads of hair!

HintOfMint
January 21st, 2011, 11:59 PM
He's a 6'3", 255 lbs burly burly burly man and a pro football player. For those who say it's not masculine, I have to ask... what the hell do THEY look like?

kmoc123
January 23rd, 2011, 02:09 AM
I love all the long hair in the NFL and Troy Polomolu is my fav!!!

virgo75
January 23rd, 2011, 06:48 AM
I love all the long hair in the NFL and Troy Polomolu is my fav!!!

Mine too!
He and his hair are just yummy. :p
I read somewhere that he just uses Pantene(even though he does commercials for Head & Shoulders).

Before I clicked on this thread I just knew that it was about Troy Polomolu. lol

I was shocked to read someone else's name. :lol:

In2wishin
January 23rd, 2011, 07:37 AM
Mine too!
He and his hair are just yummy. :p
I read somewhere that he just uses Pantene(even though he does commercials for Head & Shoulders).

Before I clicked on this thread I just knew that it was about Troy Polomolu. lol

I was shocked to read someone else's name. :lol:

Well, look at this and tell me why he shouldn't be included :eyebrows:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/eclctcmnd/clay-matthews.jpg

virgo75
January 23rd, 2011, 08:29 AM
Well, look at this and tell me why he shouldn't be included :eyebrows:

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk315/eclctcmnd/clay-matthews.jpg

Absolutely! :agree:

He's like a viking. :love:

Torrin Paige
January 23rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
Don't forget that Tom Brady is also growing out his hair. It has been a firestorm of commentary over this decision. Personally I think he looks so much better with the mane he's currently sporting. We was generic pretty before, now he's the hotness!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/torrinpaige/bradyshorthair.jpg http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h278/torrinpaige/brady-long-hair.jpg

Yay for long haired football players, although I am always afraid when someone snags a handful of their hair when making a tackle, not to mention the damage the helmets cause.

In2wishin
January 23rd, 2011, 09:10 AM
I know Troy Polomolu grows his hair because it is part of his Samoan heritage. My theory about Clay Matthews is that he is such a handsome man (model handsome) that the hair is a way to make himself more fierce and warrior-like to offset the pretty boy looks. The final result is an even better looking man. (His brother is a senior at Oregon (who played for the NCAA National Championship) and is really cute too. He has been growing his hair but it isn't quite as long yet.

princessp
January 23rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
I had never seen him before--whoa cute! We had an entire thread about Troy Polamalu, I thought the thread was going to be about him (love him BTW). And it is good to see Brady sporting some longer locks too, maybe he was starting to get jealous of Giselle's gorgeous mane. :p

Hooray, for the NFL longhairs!

In2wishin
January 23rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
I had never seen him before--whoa cute! We had an entire thread about Troy Polamalu, I thought the thread was going to be about him (love him BTW). And it is good to see Brady sporting some longer locks too, maybe he was starting to get jealous of Giselle's gorgeous mane. :p

Hooray, for the NFL longhairs!

Rumor has it that Brady is growing his hair to offset the early-onset male pattern baldness

Kherome
January 23rd, 2011, 09:40 AM
From the land of cheese I say: You were looking at Clay and the HAIR is what drew your attention?!?:D

ruffian
January 23rd, 2011, 11:08 AM
From the land of cheese I say: You were looking at Clay and the HAIR is what drew your attention?!?:D

^This.

Also,

Rumor has it that Brady is growing his hair to offset the early-onset male pattern baldness

Hahahahahahahahaaaahaaaa ha haaa....ahhh. Priceless.

Go Steelers! :D

TropicalBreeze
January 23rd, 2011, 11:58 AM
What makes Troy Polamalu sexy is the long hair. And his Head and Shoulders commercials are hysterical. Love him.

heidihug
January 23rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Clay is a Norse god, but definitely NOT a Viking. Ugh.

Tremon Williams also has some awesome dreads. Mmmm.

gizelle
January 23rd, 2011, 01:19 PM
Brady has said in press conferences that he is growing his hair because Giselle wants him to. She likes it long.

TropicalBreeze
January 23rd, 2011, 01:21 PM
Brady is such a pansy.:rolleyes:

heidihug
January 24th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Well, you'll be seeing a lot more of Clay Matthews, AJ Hawk, et al on Sportscenter over the next two weeks. Enjoy! :)

RavennaNight
January 24th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Clay Matthews. :yumm:

Finally. A reason for me to actually give a sh!t about football.

Kherome
January 24th, 2011, 08:04 AM
I love football. But being in Packerland myself having Clay, and if you haven't seen AJ Hawk, google him too, as well as our boy Kuhn (who doesn't have long hair but still looks good!), and Aaron Rodgers himself...yep, we've got the hottest team in football up here in the frozen tundra.

In2wishin
January 27th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Apparently we are not the only ones to appreciate Clay Matthews and his hair: Suave just signed him to endorse their shampoos.

GO PACKERS

Anje
January 27th, 2011, 12:53 PM
GO PACK GO!

Wait, what's this about hair?

heidihug
January 27th, 2011, 12:58 PM
OK, here's another one...

Brett Swain (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/brett-swain/535615). Mmm.

LaurelSpring
January 27th, 2011, 12:59 PM
His hair is nice.. I also love Troy Polamalu's hair! I know nothing but football, but some of those guys have great heads of hair!

I like Polamalu too. I do love seeing the long haired guys.

TiaKitty
January 27th, 2011, 01:47 PM
My Dad and my DBF were just discussing the fact that there are so many long haired men in the NFL now. Dad said it made them look like fairies, and I laughed and pointed out that he has NO hair and that they could surely whip his arse...

My DBF pointed out that at some point the NFL had to come to a decision as to whether it was legal to tackle a man by his hair. Some said it wasn't fair, some said it was. The decision was made that if a man has long hair and if it is out of his helmet, it is indeed fair to grab it and use it to tackle.

So, hair pulling is legal in the NFL... Wouldn't you hate to be grabbed by the hair and thrown to the ground by it?

heidihug
January 27th, 2011, 02:02 PM
So, hair pulling is legal in the NFL... Wouldn't you hate to be grabbed by the hair and thrown to the ground by it?
I've heard players discuss it in interviews, and they say it's just a chance they take. And it really only would be a worry to offensive players - mostly wide receivers and running backs. Sure, a DB or other defensive player can intercept a pass and get tackled by the hair on a run back, but that rarely will happen.

But, yeah, I think it would hurt!

kmoc123
January 27th, 2011, 03:24 PM
WOO HOO!!! Long hair and football pants!!! That is why I watch football!!!

gizelle
January 27th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Julian Edelman (:crush:) In this picture, he and Matthew Slater (also adorable) are giving a Barbie Doll to a little girl in the hospital.
http://pigskinlovinglady.com/http://pigskinlovinglady.com/wp-admin/upload.php/62506424JoslinLofton1117201093502PM-470x333.jpg
Have you ever seen a picture of football players filled with such cuteness?

And here is Nick Mangold. Such a shame he plays for the New Jersey Jets. Anyway, I was surprised he wasn't mentioned before.
http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Pro+Bowl+Press+Conference+6dX24G993jwl.jpg

mrs_coffee
January 27th, 2011, 05:47 PM
I absolutely love Troy Polamalu's hair. It's really beautiful. I am no fan of Tom Brady's hair, sorry to say. He looks like a 33-year-old Justin Bieber.

RavennaNight
February 6th, 2011, 08:04 AM
OK! Here's a link! Discuss!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/110201_troy_polamalu_clay_matthews&sportCat=nfl

Angeletti
February 6th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Clay Matthews. :yumm:

Finally. A reason for me to actually give a sh!t about football.
Agree, when I am forced to watch football then I at least have someone to look at lol.

DTsgirl
February 6th, 2011, 02:20 PM
My 17 year old sister has developed a passionate love for the Green Bay Packers since Clay showed up. :eyebrows: She's going to avidly watch the Super Bowl today and drool over him. It's fairly adorable.

Speckla
February 6th, 2011, 02:27 PM
I think wearing a helmet is the secret to getting thick, long healthy locks. The helmet blocks the UV rays and promotes excessive heat and causes the hair to grow? (wishful thinking) I'm going to start wearing one everyday......:)

CrisDee
February 6th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Gonna be lovin the battle of the hair today - Polomalu v. Matthews - 3 whole hours of all that hair! :happydance:

Animae
February 7th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Was I the only one yelling about protective styling at the TV?

If you insure your hair for a million dollars, braid man!!

redcelticcurls
February 7th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Was I the only one yelling about protective styling at the TV?

If you insure your hair for a million dollars, braid man!!

He pretty much only wears it down for games. it is usually bunned. SOmething about warriors fighting with their hair out, IIRC.

fluffybunny
February 7th, 2011, 11:21 PM
It's unfortunate about the hair pulling rule, but it doesn't seem to have stopped the long hair trend. Seems like a big portion of guys now have hair, dreads, or braids sticking out of their helmets. I hope it's more than a short-lived fad.