PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel weird when...

Kaya
January 21st, 2011, 12:51 PM
So I only found this wonderful community two months ago, and already I have some die-hard habits.:p
This randomly popped into my head today. I had to get a new ID card and I was contemplating having my hair down for the picture. Natually, I didn't use any coconut oil in my hair. As much as I love my daily oil treatments, I always wear it up consequently. I think it gets a little greasy-looking if it's down.
Anyways, I bunned it so I could simply let it down for the picture. Only the spirits know why I didn't. I ended up leaving it up for the picture. :crazyq:
So, I was wondering. I feel really weird not having any oil in my hair. I'm so used to it, it's like blasphemy not to have some sort of treatment in on a daily basis.
Anyone else feel odd or out of the ordinary if they skip out on a regular hair treatment/habit?

FluffSpider
January 21st, 2011, 01:16 PM
Eh, my mum always likes it more bunned, so maybe it's your subconscious speaking. Also, it looks a bit more 'official'
I'm fine with not having treatment in my hair as long as it looks good, but when it looks bad, I'll risk having to wear it up for 5 days just so I can douse it in EVOO.
But I cringe whenever any hair pulling from under clothes or bag straps occurs-so I guess LHC does leave an imprint on most of us:p

spidermom
January 21st, 2011, 01:23 PM
I save oiling for the day before washing, otherwise I get a wealth of lint and dust in my hair. So no - I've never had the kind of experience that you describe.

Chamomile betty
January 21st, 2011, 01:24 PM
I feel that way. Of all things I must maintain my hair routine. If I plan on wearing my hair down I go very lightly on oil. Just the tips really. I do feel like I am mistreating my hair if I don't oil. It's just a good habit I tell myself.

bonnie1735
January 21st, 2011, 01:34 PM
OOOO I am soooo like you!!! For example today, I wore my hair in a high pony and I didn't add the usual oil and all day I have been worried about my hair. I fretted over it so much I checked out our kitchen at the office and found some EVOO and put that on my hair.

perkidanman
January 21st, 2011, 02:08 PM
Oh, MAN I'm exactly like this! I always have something in my hair (usually camellia oil for the ends, to stop my waves from poofing) and when I put up my hair into a french twist or bun it tends to "dry" that way and I can't leave it down because it's just too.....whorly.

I do get a lot of lint in my hair so I end up having to brush it out with an oxhorn "nit picking" comb.

IcarusBride
January 21st, 2011, 02:19 PM
I oil my hair almost every day too... I feel very uncomfortable if I don't have time for it on a day when my hair is particularly dry...

Intransigentia
January 21st, 2011, 03:00 PM
A bit like that - I use the Movie Star Shampoo method, and my hair has hit saturation, which means I need to wash it with plain shampoo, instead of a shampoo/coconut oil mix. I felt really weird using just shampoo! There's gotta be something else! Of course, my hair was fine because that's how it works, but I was all like, oh poor babies are you going to be dried out.

ibleedlipstick
January 21st, 2011, 07:39 PM
Yes! I ran out of coconut oil for about a week, and I always heavy oil before washing. My hair missed it!

Angela_Rose
January 21st, 2011, 09:11 PM
I could not find my wooden comb the other day. My hair was wild and beyond help by finger-combing.

I had to use a brush.

I thought I was going to cry. It was awful and I felt like I was breaking some sort of LHC Code of Ethics or something.

McFearless
January 22nd, 2011, 04:57 PM
I feel weird if my hair isn't oiled. I keep my hair up every single day unless I'm washing it so I don't have to worry about it looking squeeky clean. I oil the length heavily and bun it.

thatjengirl1
January 22nd, 2011, 09:27 PM
I feel a little uncomfortable when my hair looks dry and fuzzy and i dont have any product to help. or i also feel a little "weird" when i comb my hair too hard or something, i like to be gentle with it :)

teela1978
January 22nd, 2011, 10:15 PM
I could not find my wooden comb the other day. My hair was wild and beyond help by finger-combing.

I had to use a brush.

I thought I was going to cry. It was awful and I felt like I was breaking some sort of LHC Code of Ethics or something.
I'm currently living with my mom, and every once in a while I borrow her brush. It feels so taboo! I like it though, my hair looks pretty brushed. Perhaps I should get over it and buy my own.

jaine
January 22nd, 2011, 10:26 PM
I definitely feel the difference when something changes about my routine. I like to tinker with the settings every now and then just to see if I can improve it. But I have a routine that my hair likes a lot already ... it's difficult to improve.

freecelt
January 22nd, 2011, 10:33 PM

I had to use a brush.

lol! I've had the exact same experience- it was sad. It was even sadder to think that I used to brush twice a day! :scared: