PDA

View Full Version : Second Day Hair and Routine

torena
January 21st, 2011, 10:00 AM
I stumbled onto LHC after playing around on naturallycurly.com. My curls are on the border of 4 and 3, some are S-waves and some are sidewalk-chalk size curls. I've been doing this research and playing around only the last month. There are so many different sources of information, and maybe I should just buy the CG book but I really can't afford it. From what I've managed to piece together I have the following routine:

Shampoo/Conditioner (making sure not to pile up my hair on top of my head like I used to) with Avalon Organics Honeysuckle Rose line
Diva microfiber towel to dry/scrunch my hair
Avalon Organics Mandarin Magic hair moisturizing jelly, scrunch with towel
do the rest of my bathroom routine, scrunch with towel one last time

I bought the AG Foam Volumizer too but I felt like it didn't do much and I'm not a big fan of putting a ton of product in my hair. Before this I was just a shampoo/conditioner/hair up in a towel/comb out and let dry then brush later if it tangled or got stringy kind of girl. I'm a mom of 2 kids so I don't have time for complicated! :) I also henna my hair (when I can) using H4H's stuff (and I've been over to the henna forum already).

My question is how to do second day hair? I caught a thread about using a mister and I'm assuming that's what it's got to do with. I went to Sally Beauty Supply yesterday and got a spritzer bottle because the spray bottle seemed like it might get my hair too wet? I don't know what to even put *in* it, but I have it! :)

I also read the article about getting started with CO and she said to only do one change at a time for about a month and log it. How does CO work with using product? How about alternating washes every other day? My shampoo/conditioner are already cone-free though they're pretty pricey to be using palmfuls. And I'm not quite comfortable with grocery store type ones with all the chemicals in them. I like to research my stuff before I use it. :)

I'm feeling all rambly and am getting distracted by a child in need of a nap so hopefully y'all can help and I've explained myself enough! Thanks :D