PDA

View Full Version : Ingredient experts

healthystheway
January 21st, 2011, 08:54 AM
I just got this shampoo, can you see anything in the list that would cause build up (more then the usual build up from shampoos with cones)? Its Vegan, SLS and paraben free.

WATER, SODIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL HYDROXYSULTAINE, SODIUM LAUROYL METHYL ISETHIONATE, DISODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFOACETATE, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, AMMONIUM COCOYL ISETHIONATE, DIVINYLDIMETHICONE/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM LAURETH SULFOSUCCINATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, LYCIUM BARBARUM FRUIT EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) FRUIT EXTRACT, PUNICA GRANATUM EXTRACT, MELANIN, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT, GLYCOL DISTEARATE, GLYCERIN, FRAGRANCE, QUATERNIUM-91, SODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATE, PEG-120 METHYL GLUCOSE DIOLEATE, AMODIMETHICONE, PANTHENOL, POLYQUATERNIUM 10, PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE, CHLORPHENESIN, METHYL GLUCETH-20, GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, C11-15 PARETH-7, LAURETH-9, PHOSPHALIPIDS, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANTRIOL, C12-13 PARETH-23, C12-13 PARETH-3, TRISODIUM ETHYLENEDIAMINE DISUCCINATE, TRIDECETH-12, SUPEROXIDE DISMUTASE, SODIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE

healthystheway
January 21st, 2011, 01:16 PM
Anyone??? You dont need to be an expert, just wondering about the ingredients...

dropinthebucket
January 21st, 2011, 01:39 PM
hmn, doesn't look like it's silicone free - there's dimethicone and amodimethicone in it - were you looking to avoid silicones that build up? i'm not very 'cone knowledgeable, so not sure if this is one of the water-soluble ones or not, but it's definitely a 'cone. possibly also the methyli...crap, can't spell it... the other one that ends with 'one' :)

Vani1902
January 21st, 2011, 01:41 PM
Here (http://tightlycurly.com/ingredients/) is a link for an ingredients dictionary. I hope this helps a bit. :)

Hana
January 21st, 2011, 01:45 PM
Call me cynical, but considering its Vegan, SLS and paraben free, it does have a lot of sulphate substitutes and silicones in it... ?

And what on earth are all those things with numbers in them? I have no idea, does anyone else?

clairenewcastle
January 21st, 2011, 01:48 PM
I've found that shampoos with silicones always cause build up on my hair.
I notice that dimethicone in included in the list of ingredients here.

After much trial and error I've come to the comclusion that the fewer ingredients in a shampoo the better......plus if I can't pronounce any of the ingredients I tend not to buy it.

FluffSpider
January 21st, 2011, 01:52 PM
To my knowledge Dimethicone is not water soluble... And yes, the ingredient list is quite big. And not so readable....
(the numbers are probably some radicals positions in the chemical structure)
I wouldn't really buy this. There are WAY too many ingredients which have a '?' in my brain...

aenflex
January 21st, 2011, 02:43 PM
Cones in shampoo hasve always been a bit pointless to me?? That list of ingredients is not what I would consider 'all natural'...just a bunch of gentle 15-letter words.

The better questions is - How does your hair like it? :)