PDA

View Full Version : You guys know you want to help me hair type this mess :)

Aveyronnaise
January 21st, 2011, 01:31 AM
Hi I wanted to get some input of the texture of my hair. I just kind of guessed 2a when I filled out the forms in the beginning.
You can see the pictures in my album , Hair typing photos . I can't seem to see how to link from my album.
I'm going to go look again to see if I can.

Thanks in advance!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7122&pictureid=94114
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7122&pictureid=94115
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=7122&pictureid=94116

Purdy Bear
January 21st, 2011, 06:54 AM
You may actually be 2c/3a.

2c = waves with some spiral curls
3a = Loose spiral curls

You hair is very similar with how my hair used to be. In the second shot there is a spiral.

With my hair as soon as a normal comb went through it it would straighten just like yours making it look more of a kink.

Aveyronnaise
January 21st, 2011, 07:12 AM
Yes^this is what mine is doing that confuses me . Sometimes it's straighter looking , sometimes very wavy, even if combed, but the individual hairs are all curly and it isn't smooth looking even on "straight" days.
Thank you for the input,I think the hair will reveal more as it grows.

GRU
January 21st, 2011, 07:46 AM
Definitely not in the 3 zone. I'd guess more like 2a/2b, depending on what it does as it gets longer.

pepperedmoth
January 21st, 2011, 07:59 AM
You may actually be 2c/3a.

2c = waves with some spiral curls
3a = Loose spiral curls

You hair is very similar with how my hair used to be. In the second shot there is a spiral.

With my hair as soon as a normal comb went through it it would straighten just like yours making it look more of a kink.

I always find this confusing, as 2a is "loose, stretched out s-waves throughout" and 2c is "distinct S-waves (similar to braid waves) and the odd spiral curl." Well, I have loose S-waves not at ALL like braid waves, but I also have the odd spiral curl.

I call it 2a to be conservative, but maybe I should split the difference and call it 2b . . . ?

pepperedmoth
January 21st, 2011, 08:02 AM
Hi I wanted to get some input of the texture of my hair. I just kind of guessed 2a when I filled out the forms in the beginning.
You can see the pictures in my album , Hair typing photos . I can't seem to see how to link from my album.
I'm going to go look again to see if I can.

Thanks in advance!

I think 2a, but I agree it'll be easier to tell when it's longer!

Anje
January 21st, 2011, 08:16 AM
I'm also thinking 2a/2b or something like that. Once your hair gets longer, it'll be easier to tell.

jojo
January 21st, 2011, 09:34 AM
Id call it 2a but I am thinking it change as it gets longer

ancilla
January 21st, 2011, 09:38 AM
I would say 2a as well. There are S-waves but they are way too stretched out to be anywhere near the 3 range.

lapushka
January 21st, 2011, 10:14 AM
I'd go with 2a too.