PDA

View Full Version : How many pairs of scissors do you have?

Lostsoule77
January 20th, 2011, 10:32 PM
So I've always done s&d's before I knew that's what they were called. :) I have always owned two pairs of hair scissors. I keep one pair in the bedroom and one in the bathroom - the two places I tend to do my hair.

Well a couple months ago I realized I should get a third pair for my jeep. At the end of the day I tend to chill in the jeep while my fiance runs into the store for last minute stuff. The sun is usually shining so nice at this time and I see splits and can't cut them.

Then I come on here and find that reading about hair so much makes me check my own out waaaaaaaaaaay more often. So now I'm noticing my splits in front of the computer and keep getting up to run to the bathroom. I end up losing the split half the time and the rest of the time it's just annoying.

So now I think I need to pick up two more pairs instead of just one. This would mean I would have 4 pairs of hair scissors! I was just wondering if this is normal and how many pairs us long hairs tend to have. Just curious.

Sorry for the long post and thank you.:D

Tia2010
January 20th, 2011, 10:40 PM
I only have one pair. I hate loosing a split end while I'm tracking down my scissors that travel between my vanity and nightstand.... I think I may need another pair :D

pepperminttea
January 20th, 2011, 11:12 PM
I only have the one pair too. I have been thinking of getting a smaller pair for car journeys though, just funds haven't allowed yet. :)

BunnyBee
January 21st, 2011, 01:13 AM
Two, but I'm thinking of getting a third as I'm not 100% pleased with the sharpness of the newest pair.

MandyBeth
January 21st, 2011, 01:31 AM
1 by the computer.

1 in my bag.

1 in the bedroom.

1 each in 3 of our cars/trucks.

1 in the kitchen.

1 in the den.

It's more because I always find the stupid things at random times, and then I don't have a good pair of scissors so I use whatever I can find (usually nail clippers) that are dull....

Fufu
January 21st, 2011, 01:34 AM
1 pair :) I only used it to trim my bangs.

bte
January 21st, 2011, 02:55 AM
NONE! It's the secret of my success.

Jessica Trapp
January 21st, 2011, 03:55 AM
Three--but one pair I don't like very much. Ideally for me I'd have one in the bathroom, one beside the computer and one in the car.

enfys
January 21st, 2011, 05:54 AM
I have one pair. I only S&D as a session. If I see an odd one or two I tend not to bother. That an my hair is only loose in the bedroom anyway!

Purdy Bear
January 21st, 2011, 06:46 AM
We have lots and lots in the house:

Kitchen scissors about 7 or 8 of different sizes and power.
Sewing - from sheers to small nail scissors.
Paper scissors for scrap book
Decorating - a huge pair of paper cutting sheers my Dad used.

I usually have to go down the kitchen drawer to rescue my sewing scissors so now I colour code them, but that Im sure will only work short term.

Carolyn
January 21st, 2011, 06:51 AM
I have 3 pairs but on any given day I'm lucky if I can find one pair. I do most of my S & D'ing in front of my computer, while watching TV. I should have a small pair for my purse and one in my travel make up bag.

Lostsoule77
January 23rd, 2011, 08:13 PM
Well I guess I'm not going overboard, but a bit more than most. I was just curious. :D

PiroskaCicu
January 23rd, 2011, 08:36 PM
I only have one pair of hair scissors.... I wouldn't mind having more though :)

PeaceLoveHair
January 23rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
I only have one good pair that is good enough to cut. I use it to s &d only as I'm still not confident enough to cut my own hair.

PeaceLoveHair
January 23rd, 2011, 09:25 PM
I only have one pair of hair scissors.... I wouldn't mind having more though :)
I'm live in Toronto too! Nice to see fellow Torontonians here.

CariadA
January 23rd, 2011, 09:48 PM
I have one pair of stainless Mehaz scissors. I have been meaning to get another pair, though. I keep them in my purse (in case I find a split) but I also use them to cut both my hair and DH's hair.

CariadA
January 23rd, 2011, 09:52 PM
I wanted to add-

I actually have quite a few pairs of scissors in general (kitchen shears, 2 pairs of craft scissors, etc.) but I only have one pair of HAIR scissors.

Lostsoule77
January 23rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
LOL, I really did mean hair scissors. When I tried to type that it came out longer than the box and I wasn't really sure what would post in that case so I just took the word out and figured since this is a hair forum people would get the idea. :)

I have no clue how many other pairs of scissors I have, but I generally only use one that stay in the kitchen. Other wise I use my df's exacto. :)

ScarlettAdelle
January 24th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I'm a hairdresser... I have my green 7" shears, two pairs of thinning shears, my 5" Japanese steel ones with the green crystal in, and my curved shears and a set of mannequin shears... but I don't use any of those in my hair (and they haven't been touched since I left the salon.) I pretty much only use the ones I got during hair school. I had them sharpened recently and you can hear the "swish" sound when I close the blades... every time I get rid of a split I feel like a hair ninja XD

FrozenPrincess
January 24th, 2011, 06:04 AM
I have 2 pairs of scissors. But only because i lost the first pair, gave up looking for them after a few days, bought a new pair...and magically found the old pair:cheese:

spidermom
January 24th, 2011, 08:36 AM
7-8 I think, but only 2 are for S&D.