PDA

View Full Version : Cast iron scalps

rena
January 20th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I've been reading around and I hear so many accounts of very sensitive scalps here at TLHC.

But I also wonder about the people like me, with scalps so resistant to...just about everything, that nothing short of setting it on fire will actually phase it.:eyebrows:

Do you have a cast iron scalp?

patienceneeded
January 20th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I'm with you. Nothing phases my scalp. Also, it never hurts to comb/brush my hair. This "no-pain" thing came in handy when my younger brothers pulled my hair as a child. =]

LornaDoone
January 20th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Nothing really bothers my scalp. The only time I remember having a tender scalp was when I was a kid and my mother would put my hair in twin french braids. The part would get sun burned and would be tender for days. Then came the gross part: it peeled. I looked like I had the worst case of dandruff known to man. :shake:
Now, I make sure to put sunscreen on my part.

spidermom
January 20th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Haha; I don't know about cast iron, but my scalp is relatively non-picky, so much so that it occasionally makes me wonder if people are lying when they talk about - for example - shampoo making their scalp freak out. Then I say that calling somebody on the telephone gives me the heeby-jeebies and everybody probably wonders if I'm lying.

Freki
January 20th, 2011, 06:43 PM
As far as pain goes, my scalp is tough as nails. My hair could be pulled out in clumps, and I'd barely feel it.

But my scalp does hate certain products. It gets a itchy and flaky if I don't handle it just so.

NotInPortland
January 20th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I wish I could say mine was but alas no. In fact my scalp seems to be rebelling on me right now-its a little sore and itchy and flaky, I think it might be the conditioner I'm using for my CO washes that's the culprit! I'm envious of the iron scalp :p

ArienEllariel
January 20th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Well I don't know about cast iron but my scalp is fairly resiliant to hair pulling and what have you (unless you come up behind me and give my ponytail a yank.. I might just hit you, lol). The only parts that bother me are around my cowlicks if I put it in a high ponytail. They get sorta sore.

Oh and dyes/chemicals bother my scalp to some degree.

Painwise though, I can pull hairs out without it bothering me. My sister always thought I was crazy because she has a sensitive scalp and any individual hair pulling is very painful for her.

see_turtle
January 20th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Every once in a while the roots of my hair will ache if its been up in a pony for a while but other than that I feel like my scalp is pretty tough. People don't pull my hair often though Boyfriend gets smacked if he tries.

Elphie
January 20th, 2011, 07:51 PM
The only thing that has ever bothered my scalp are chemicals and dyes, but I haven't touched either in such a long time that my first thought was nothing ever bothers it at all.

jessie58
January 20th, 2011, 08:21 PM
I have a pretty tough scalp. I don't have a dry/flaky problem. I don't have any oil issues. No sensitivity to shampoo or conditioners. I can use tons of baking soda and ACV for a rinse and it doesn't phase my hair a bit. I've oiled my scalp with various concoctions over the years and leave them in over night and my scalp is bone dry and normal in the morning. I have been dyeing the roots at home with demi permanent and then switched over to permanent over the past 6 years and that has not bothered me ever.

Except: a month ago I went to the hairdresser and she used salon dye on my roots. First time for that. My scalp itched something fierce. I'll never get my roots done with professional dye again, don't want to break the "cast iron hair" cycle.

lascuba
January 20th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Cast iron scalp here. The only thing that irritates it is the sun of I'm not careful. (Thin hair + part + sun = BURN!)

cataphract
January 20th, 2011, 09:33 PM
My only kryptonite is dove bar soap.

Lostsoule77
January 20th, 2011, 09:49 PM
I don't know about cast iron, but my scalp is pretty tough. I remember one time getting cornrows put in and that hurt, but nothing else really sticks in my mind as being a big bother. Then again I'm new around here and there are lots I want to try so I'm sure I'll run into something eventually. :)