PDA

View Full Version : dry ends after trim?

Oz
January 20th, 2011, 11:34 AM
so i had my 1st hair trim in a very very long time and ive noticed that my new ends feel really dry...

this is odd becuase now they arnt split or anything... shouldnt it be the opposite?

I was wondering if this is normal?

Ive used conditioner on it as usual.. but its almost like ive not conditioned it at all...

:(

melrose1985
January 20th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Maybe the ends need to be clarified? that usually helps when my ends start to feel like dry sticky Velcro.

Oz
January 20th, 2011, 11:36 AM
whats clarified?

Anywhere
January 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Yes, you most likely need to wash with a clarifying shampoo. Or you could try an SMT or other deep moisturizing treatment.

ETA: Do you oil your ends at all?

melrose1985
January 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Sometimes build up from product can make you hair feel dry and damaged. For me even though I don't use coney products sometimes I still get build up.

I meant to say is a clarifying shampoo. Suave makes one that's a clear blue color and cheap. You don't want to do this all the time though only when you hair gets out of whack and you can't figure out why (not split ends and such).

Oz
January 20th, 2011, 12:04 PM
i never use any products... jut cheepo shampoo and conditioner... what ever I pick up.. dont even read the bottle... so long as its not tested on animals. wash every three days or so and let air dry... thats it.

spidermom
January 20th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Ingredients in conditioners can build up. Try saturating your ends in olive oil or coconut oil overnight, then wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo. I just discovered today that when I mix coconut oil with my shampoo, I don't need conditioner (surprise!). I don't know if other oils work as well, though.

Good luck! Dry ends are a pain.

Roscata
January 20th, 2011, 05:26 PM
whats clarified?

Clarifying means you wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo, it will say it is that on the bottle, or with baking soda and water. You can google "no poo" or "baking soda hair wash" to find out how to do that.

I hope your ends feel better. :)