PDA

View Full Version : Update: Chunk of hair missing in back

honeyblonde
January 20th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Well, last march I was horrified to find a chunk of hair missing from the back of my head!! The back was at least 3 inches shorter than the rest of my hair :mad:. I had hubby trim it up to just above BSL. Well, here it is less than a year later and......my hair is 1/2 inch from waist...........Yeah!!!! Thanks to LHC of course! I have no split ends to boot. This is what I have been doing for the last 10 months.......... worked for me!

1. Olive oil treatments at least 3 X's a week (overnight)
2. Wear hair up 90% of the time
3. No more brushing, wide tooth comb only
4. Take MSM, Hair Skin and Nails, Biotin
5. Use cones, my hair loves them, it doesn't tangle that much when I use them
6. Switched to Jasons Biotin Shampoo, which I love!!!

P.S. I still color my hair, I apply olive oil to the lenght while touching up the roots!! Will be joining the NO TRIM CLUB, LOL :cheese:

Honestwitness
January 20th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Thanks for sharing this experience and your resolution. I have a very thin area at the nape of my neck that has persisted for a long time, so I'll be trying some of your strategies. Do you have any idea what caused the missing hair in the first place?

Tutti_Frutti
January 20th, 2011, 11:30 AM
So if I understood correctly, this "missing chunck" didn't come back? Sounds great! Do you know what the problem was?

Your hair seems to grow very fast, if it's already waist! :)

ange1ito
January 20th, 2011, 11:32 AM
thats great news, yey close to waist, well done! Its amazing how a little tlc can actually make such a difference, plus reassuring for all those who worry about hair loss/ breakage...just out of curiousity what was the damage from?

spidermom
January 20th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Can you use a bigger font and darker color? These aging eyes couldn't make out what you wrote even with computer glasses.

Kherome
January 20th, 2011, 12:22 PM
What is MSM?
Doesn't "Hair skin nails" have biotin in it? How much are you taking per day if you're using both HSN and Biotin on top of it?

Well, last march I was horrified to find a chunk of hair missing from the back of my head!! The back was at least 3 inches shorter than the rest of my hair :mad:. I had hubby trim it up to just above BSL. Well, here it is less than a year later and......my hair is 1/2 inch from waist...........Yeah!!!! Thanks to LHC of course! I have no split ends to boot. This is what I have been doing for the last 10 months.......... worked for me!

P.S. I still color my hair, I apply olive oil to the lenght while touching up the roots!! Will be joining the NO TRIM CLUB, LOL :cheese:

jojo
January 20th, 2011, 08:32 PM
Can you use a bigger font and darker color? These aging eyes couldn't make out what you wrote even with computer glasses.

was just going to post the same thing, my poor eyes!

Glad to see you have found a solution to your problem, it must have been very worrying for you.

enfys
January 20th, 2011, 10:03 PM

I can't even blame age for not being able to read it. But I can say that Tinker's 1965 study into legibilty didn't rate purple well at all. That coupled with a lightweight, italic serif typeface is very hard on the eyes on screen.

(is studying graphic design)

Stephichan
January 20th, 2011, 11:24 PM
What is MSM?
Doesn't "Hair skin nails" have biotin in it? How much are you taking per day if you're using both HSN and Biotin on top of it?

Even a 'regular' multivitamin contains some amount of biotin. But the HSN would contain more, I expect, which some people may not react well to due to the additional biotin source.

honeyblonde
January 22nd, 2011, 08:10 AM
Thank you all for your replies!! Sorry about the small font, I don't remember the size I used :confused: hope this is big enough!!

Honestwitness, I believe the breakage was caused by rough treatment...brushing, leaving hair down during the day! Hubby did a thorough inspeciton of my hair last night, he said it doesn't need a trim yet! :cheese: As for the biotin, hair skin and nails has biotin in it, I take an extra 5000 mcg. supplement, I also take 2000 mg. of MSM! The MSM has helped joints tremendously... the nursing field can be rough on the knees!

Enfys, thanks for the tip! Will keep that in mind. :)

McFearless
January 22nd, 2011, 04:55 PM
This is honeyblonde's original post:

Well, last march I was horrified to find a chunk of hair missing from the back of my head!! The back was at least 3 inches shorter than the rest of my hair . I had hubby trim it up to just above BSL. Well, here it is less than a year later and......my hair is 1/2 inch from waist...........Yeah!!!! Thanks to LHC of course! I have no split ends to boot. This is what I have been doing for the last 10 months.......... worked for me!

P.S. I still color my hair, I apply olive oil to the lenght while touching up the roots!! Will be joining the NO TRIM CLUB, LOL