PDA

View Full Version : Found these at Target...anyone tried them yet?

seethruugirl
January 20th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I was at Target yesterday and I found a Natural Solid Conditoner Hair Boost Bar. Its made by a company called "One"
Ingredients are: Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Water, Hydroxethylcellulose, Oatmeal, Panthenol, Butyrospermum Parkii (shea butter) Macadamia Ternifolia seed oil, Fragrance, Isoamyl Acetate
I bought one but, haven't tried it yet. They have shampoo bars too...I didn't get one of those. Just wondering if you all had seen these. I'm not sure if I am loving the fragrance...it kind of smells like bananas...
I also saw where Tresemme has a naturals line and I bought a bottle of their silicone free conditoner. I haven't tried it yet either...just got everything last night.
I'll let you all know after I try them! Robyn

teela1978
January 20th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I like the solid conditioner a lot. It took a few tries to get the hang of though, and takes a bit more time for me to use than normal liquid conditioner. I use it like a solid comb on wet hair and let it soak in a bit. I was re-reading the directions and discovered that you're not supposed to rinse... but I rinse after letting it sit. Its awesome for travel, along with a shampoo bar. I haven't tried the shampoo bar yet, but intend to when my stash of lush bars run out. The banana-y smell kinda goes away once my hair dries, and I adore the smell it leaves behind. I posted it in the product review section, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who's reviewed it.

The tresemme naturals have been floating around the boards for a while. I like it too, but haven't gotten it in a while.

rhosyn_du
January 20th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I've been curious about the One solid conditioner, but hesitant to try because of the Isoamyl Acetate, since it provokes bees to sting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isoamyl_acetate#Occurrence_in_nature) and we get a lot of bees in the summer months. Do they still only have the one kind?

MandaMom2Three
January 20th, 2011, 11:08 AM
hesitant to try because of the Isoamyl Acetate, since it provokes bees to sting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isoamyl_acetate#Occurrence_in_nature)

:shocked:.

Carolyn
January 20th, 2011, 04:30 PM
If it's the same one I bought, it smelled like banana and was vile. It didn't do much conditioning-wise and the smell was gag-me-with-a-ladle god awful.

ancilla
January 20th, 2011, 04:31 PM
I've been curious about the One solid conditioner, but hesitant to try because of the Isoamyl Acetate, since it provokes bees to sting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isoamyl_acetate#Occurrence_in_nature) and we get a lot of bees in the summer months. Do they still only have the one kind?

Wow, that sounds terrifying. I wonder what the purpose is for?

rhosyn_du
January 20th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Wow, that sounds terrifying. I wonder what the purpose is for?

It's artificial banana scent. Also found in banana flavored candies and stuff. It's pretty common, and not a problem unless you're hanging out where there are lots of bees. But, I like to go camping, and when it's warm, the camping places around here are full of bees, so no banana-scented beauty products for me.

teela1978
January 20th, 2011, 04:53 PM
If it's the same one I bought, it smelled like banana and was vile. It didn't do much conditioning-wise and the smell was gag-me-with-a-ladle god awful.
really? I love the smell and find that I have to be careful or I overcondition :)

SimplyViki
January 20th, 2011, 06:14 PM
really? I love the smell and find that I have to be careful or I overcondition :)
The aversion to banana scents can be really intense. I'm also a banana-hater. :p

Cirafly24
January 20th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I LOVE the Tresemme Naturals silicone-free conditioner...it's the only conditioner I've used in the past few months. Has a light, clean scent (not overpowering) and does the job!