PDA

View Full Version : Wave Clips - check this out

julliams
January 20th, 2011, 04:43 AM
I use Kevin Murphy Luxury Wash and Rinse (new formula) and was just checking out the website when I came across these wave clips http://www.kevinmurphy.com.au/podcasts/ourpodcasts.php?id=169 or this (same thing) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5HYQoEt5fA

Now, I'm not certain whether it just looks like braidwaves, but I thought they could work minus the heat on damp hair that is being air dried. Of course they don't look super comfortable but it's kind of cool.

Anyone tried them? They might just be an Aussie thing - not sure.

lapushka
January 20th, 2011, 02:43 PM
I think it'd be easier to loosely, evenly, braid your hair.
2 braids started right behind the ears (mist, braid, sleep on it) gives me the same effect.

obssesif
January 20th, 2011, 03:03 PM
it looks heavy and uncomfortable... I can just imagine how much of those thingies would I need on my hair.... and my hair isn't that long nor thick, compared to some people on this forum.

I second braids... Wave clips are just inconvenient alternative to braids

pepperminttea
January 20th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Another for braid waves. Those clips look like torture devices. :bigeyes:

julliams
January 20th, 2011, 03:15 PM
LOL - I thought they looked kind of cool. But yes, I think braidwaves to give a similar effect. I tried to find out how much they were but they don't seem to be on the market yet. They are very new.

Anywhere
January 20th, 2011, 03:25 PM
I think it's kind of cool. Braid waves on my hair look like crap because of my extreme layers / taper.. they start out nice but by the ends it looks crimped and is just too small and hardly wavy to look good.

It reminds me more of a weaker version of snake waves.

vanity_acefake
January 20th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I've just watched a YouTube video with him using them. Although they are quite bulky looking they do give hair a lovely wave. Bet they cost a fortune though!

LaurelSpring
January 20th, 2011, 05:00 PM
Oh my goodness, what will they come up with next! I was thinking of that video of the girl that used the material to wrap braid like in her hair (the material was like the third piece istead of hair) and got those really great waves. I dont remember where to find that at though. Anybody?

Malibu Barbie
January 20th, 2011, 05:16 PM
I prefer braids I think they are easier, lol but I'm hair challenged. I have a natural wave so for me I would air dry. They seem like a lot of work but thats just me:)

Anywhere
January 20th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Oh my goodness, what will they come up with next! I was thinking of that video of the girl that used the material to wrap braid like in her hair (the material was like the third piece istead of hair) and got those really great waves. I dont remember where to find that at though. Anybody?

I believe you are referring to Elainehali's Snake Waves (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=82). :flower:

leoninnu
January 20th, 2011, 06:23 PM
I seriously doubt that I would be able to put something like that in my hair without someone helping me. They do give nice and even wave that braids can't, since braids taper from the ends = tighter wave near the tips. I think those Snake Waves that were just linked would be a much less hassle even though they do give some more curve on the wave.

But if you want a style without sleeping in braids or bandannas and use air drying I suppose those would be worth the shot. Unless of course they cost an arm and a leg :D

GRU
January 20th, 2011, 08:40 PM
So let me see if I'm understanding this correctly....

1. You start with wet hair.

2. You blow-fry the hair straight (presumably with HOT air).

3. You apply big heavy bulky curler clip thingies.

4. You apply a hairnet to each big heavy bulky curler clip thingy.

5. You spray the big heavy bulky curler clip thingies to dampen them.

6. You blow-fry big heavy bulky curler clip thingies on HOT.

7. You blow-fry big heavy bulky curler clip thingies on cold.

8. You remove the hairnets.

9. You remove the big heavy bulky curler clip thingies.

10. You style the waves with your fingers so that your hair looks kinda like you just rolled out of bed... so it has waves that are probably similar to what the model's hair looked like before it was blow-fried straight.

Did I get that right?

I think the funniest thing is the part where they tout the fact that you don't have to use damaging hot irons/tongs. Sorry, but all that blow-frying on the HOT setting cannot be "gentle" to the hair! :rolleyes:

julliams
January 20th, 2011, 08:50 PM
I know, Gru - it's a little over-done. I didn't mean the process - I would never bother to do that myself. I just thought they were interesting and I think you could get the same result just airdrying in them. I don't think they are the same as snake waves because it's a north to south wave rather than east to west if that makes sense.

I honestly don't think they would be that hard to put in yourself but yes, they look uncomfortable to wear for hours and I would likely need about 21 for my hair.