PDA

View Full Version : Natural Hair Care / Regrowth Remedies?

samanthamelinda
January 19th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Basically my problem is, I've been having trouble with my hair generally thinning on my left side for more than a few years.

I've read, have been told, and understand that everyone has a thicker left or right side of hair. My problem is that my left side seems a LOT thinner to me than my thick right side.

My left side has been getting thinner for years now and everyone has called me crazy for it (since I was the only one who could notice it. If I don't, who else will...) No visible scalp as of yet, but definitely around and into the hairline it is becoming babyfine thin. I can grab a bit of hair and twist it around my finger on my left, do the same in the same spot on the right side... and the right side is twice as thick or thicker.

Looking for natural remedies to try to see if I can get it to regrow any at all. Any natural hair care tips for healthy hair is also appreciated. Due to my problem I have kept my hair short for a few years now. Anytime it gets to my shoulders I just can't stand it and I end up cutting it. I am really going to try to let it grow this time, especially since it should grow a good bit this year.

I am taking prenatals (expecting in July). They seem to be helping my hair grow faster but I haven't really noticed anything else about the health of my hair being affected.

I do part my hair from right to left to try to offset the unevenness... but the right is STILL way thicker looking.

I am pretty much deadset on getting Hairclub or Bosley done in a few years if this can't get any better.

Avital88
January 20th, 2011, 12:39 AM
Well i would recommend castor oil, leave overnight twice a week for at least 6 weeks and you probably see re-growth.
Not sure if you can use it while you are expecting actually so that is something to look up.
Good luck with both!x

Purdy Bear
January 20th, 2011, 02:50 AM
I would look at the hair dos your are doing, the thinning maybe due to more tension on their hair on that side. Do you sleep on that side more then the other.

It may also be worth looking at your nutrition as that can cause thinning as well as hormonal changes etc.

I cant recommend any natural remedies as I dont know which ones are safe for those in your condition.