PDA

View Full Version : Oh no...already?!?

Kherome
January 19th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Today I was braiding my hair, kind of in a hurry and not paying to much attention.
In the process of braiding I glanced at the braid and saw a fuzzy or piece of thread in my hair. I moved to pluck it and toss it, and found it was attached. And snow white. SNOW WHITE. I am 29 and I have WHITE hairs? :(

How many of these do I have to have before I can join the Renegreys? Because I won't be coloring...

lpsqt60
January 19th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I'm your age and I have five gray hairs on my right temple, I just roll with it, I like to think they are work related but both my brother and my husband have interspersed gray hairs all over their head and they are both 28.
There's nothing to do about it unless you want to try to dye your hair but for only one gray hair I say why bother?

Celtic Morla
January 19th, 2011, 09:14 PM
LOL Welcome to my club I got my first at 13(my sister ripped it out of my head to show me as well as a group of other hairs), it's not as bad as you think!!

pepperminttea
January 19th, 2011, 09:39 PM
From the title I thought you'd reached terminal! :p A few 'natural highlights' are nothing to worry about, just makes things more interesting. :) And 29 is actually quite late to find your first one, too.

Juneii
January 19th, 2011, 10:13 PM
I'm not even 20 and I'm already finding a few gray hairs :(

MrsGuther
January 19th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I found a super gray hair a couple months ago. I'm only 22 years old. I totally understand!!! I was like WHAT?!? A GRAY HAIR?!?!?!?! I'M 22!!!!!! lol

omnivore
January 19th, 2011, 10:19 PM
I noticed my first grey the year I turned 30. A couple of weeks ago, I found a snowy white hair in my bangs. It's so pretty, I'm considering growing my bangs out so as to not cut it.

Yay, Sparklies!:D

Hylia
January 19th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I`m 19 almost 20 and I found one single white hair :) Its nothing to worry about most people have a couple at this time.

Quixii
January 19th, 2011, 10:21 PM
I know someone who just turned 21 and he has a section of white hairs (he says he's had them for a while). I feel like it's the weirdest thing - I've heard of people going grey early, but I've never seen it.

Cirafly24
January 19th, 2011, 10:25 PM
I would be kind of excited to see a white hair...I don't necessarily want to be going all gray at my age, but I think it's pretty to see a few sparkly silvers/whites here and there in someone's hair.

jesis
January 19th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I found my first two white hairs in the last month or so. I'm only 22, but it's hereditary. I keep an eye out for more! :)

Red Leo
January 19th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I am 29 but have always had a few I think they are beautiful!

ravenreed
January 19th, 2011, 11:04 PM
My grandmother was completely grey by the time she was 30. I am 41 and have some patches and sprinkles. I would say less than 10% of my hair is grey so far, it just all seems to be in the front.

teela1978
January 19th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Your first grays waited until you were 29?!?! Lucky you. My first one was spotted by a classmate when I was 16.

ScarlettAdelle
January 19th, 2011, 11:58 PM
I found my first gray at 12 & now am at least 1/4 gray. I love it! If you've found one that long, chances are you have more. Be a proud renegray! Not everyone has the confidence to rock their wisdom streaks!

Sanyia
January 20th, 2011, 12:05 AM
Found my first one at 16, I am bout ot turn 40 and I have maybe, I don't know, less than 20 in my whole head. I would not be too concerned.... :)

Mesmerise
January 20th, 2011, 02:02 AM
You know, I think sooo many women dye their hair that it's almost impossible to gauge what's "normal" when it comes to greying!

A couple of weeks ago at the pool I noticed a lady with a few grey hairs through her hair, I guess maybe 50, and I thought of her hair as "greying" as if she was aging... and then I thought HANG ON if I didn't dye my OWN hair I'd have probably thousands of greys!

I wish I had the courage to be renegray lol... I'm just not there yet ;) when people see my regrowth I get "OMG you've got grey hair! You're too young to be grey!!" So I hide them ;)

Actually I'm 37 so not THAT young to have a bunch of greys, but I look younger so people think I'm just a badly greying twenty-something!

jojo
January 20th, 2011, 02:33 AM
29 is quite old for finding your first grey hair! I quite like grey hairs!

jojo
January 20th, 2011, 02:35 AM
You know, I think sooo many women dye their hair that it's almost impossible to gauge what's "normal" when it comes to greying!

A couple of weeks ago at the pool I noticed a lady with a few grey hairs through her hair, I guess maybe 50, and I thought of her hair as "greying" as if she was aging... and then I thought HANG ON if I didn't dye my OWN hair I'd have probably thousands of greys!

I wish I had the courage to be renegray lol... I'm just not there yet ;) when people see my regrowth I get "OMG you've got grey hair! You're too young to be grey!!" So I hide them ;)

Actually I'm 37 so not THAT young to have a bunch of greys, but I look younger so people think I'm just a badly greying twenty-something!

I think theres nothing quite as beautiful as a youthful looking person with grey,especially when the hair is long.

mellie
January 20th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Yes, I agree with Jojo, 29 is quite old to find your first silver! I got mine at age 19.

Come join us Renegrays and embrace those sparklies! :cheer: They are shiny and pretty, very flattering to the skin!

Dani
January 20th, 2011, 04:26 AM
I'm almost 29 and I've got a ton in my crown area (I don't know if there are others throughout 'cause I haven't looked :p). I found my first one when I was 19. It's definitely not something to get worried about or dread- unless you want to, heh ;) - It's just life; go with it. :bounce:

mrs_coffee
January 20th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I started coloring my hair at 26 after Brent had plucked 12 gray hairs out of my head and there were still more. I think my hair stylist found my first gray when I was around 20, so you're actually doing pretty well! :)

Bonkers57
January 20th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I envy y'all. I'd love some silvers, but I see no sign of them. Heck, I'd love a whole head of white hair! My grandmother started getting them at 18, and with her dark hair they were beautiful. Unfortunately, my mother didn't start seeing gray until she was in her 60s, and I'm prolly taking after her.

cybernetica
January 20th, 2011, 06:02 AM
yup I find grays every once and a wile, and I am 29 it has been happening for a few years now! I just pluck em out lol

Xandergrammy
January 20th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Today I was braiding my hair, kind of in a hurry and not paying to much attention.
In the process of braiding I glanced at the braid and saw a fuzzy or piece of thread in my hair. I moved to pluck it and toss it, and found it was attached. And snow white. SNOW WHITE. I am 29 and I have WHITE hairs? :(

How many of these do I have to have before I can join the Renegreys? Because I won't be coloring...

The DESIRE to have one white hair is enough to get you into the Renegrays!!! Go on over to the Salt and Pepper thread and Mellie will sign you up!

And congratulations!! My mother got her first white hair when she was in high school and was pretty much all white by the time she turned 30. Unfortunately, I don't have her hair color genes, so I'm gradually going salt and pepper at the age of 55.

Xandergrammy
January 20th, 2011, 06:08 AM
I know someone who just turned 21 and he has a section of white hairs (he says he's had them for a while). I feel like it's the weirdest thing - I've heard of people going grey early, but I've never seen it.

I work with a man who has a white spot about the size of a silver dollar on the side of his head. He says the hair there has always come in white. The rest of his hair is dark brown.

noelgirl
January 20th, 2011, 06:47 AM
I just found my first gray hair the week before my 27th birthday. It's just a short little new-growth hair right on the top of my head, just a few inches long, and it only shows when I part in the middle, but it is definitely there.

Vorvolaka
January 20th, 2011, 07:03 AM
I like my silvers, they are pretty awesome peeking out from my dyed hair!

virgo75
January 20th, 2011, 07:15 AM
My mom found some grey hairs on my head when I was **5**!

Needless to say, she was panic stricken. :lol:

Kherome
January 20th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Your first grays waited until you were 29?!?! Lucky you. My first one was spotted by a classmate when I was 16.

Boy your hair and mine are almost identical if you look at your avatar and my siggy! Same type too!

Kherome
January 20th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Um, it seems I may have been a bit in denial because my little white friend has...more friends.

My mother, when she was my age, started getting a white spot. Right in front, over her right eye she got a white stripe. Now (at 49) she's got grey all over, more salt than pepper these days. She's gone back to coloring.

At this time there will be no coloring for me. I won't say that at some point I won't try Henna, but as of now I really want my hair left natural...even if it's going white.

BrightEyes
January 20th, 2011, 07:30 AM
My husband has two round spots of hair the size of a quarter that are totally white, one on the side of his head and one on the back of his head. He just turned 31, but he's had them ever since I knew him and I met him when he was 23. I think it's kinda sexy!!:D

Kherome
January 20th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Maybe this is God getting back at me for harassing my husband about his grays so much :eyebrows: I knew I shouldn't have teased him so much.

TwilightBloom
January 20th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Ok I have grays in the crown area, and I have no problem with the grays, it is the awful color my hair has become.. I used to be a nice deep brown, but now it has become this ucky almost black color, and with the grays it just looks awful. My biological mom has this same thing, and seeing hers grown out makes me cringe. I just can't do it. I personally would love to have white, i think it would be awesome, but i don't know how long it will ever take to get that way. My bio grandfather has almost all white, but he is 76, and still has a few dark ones.. So i guess henna it is for me.. I tried henna hut dark brown, but it didn't work, and i guess that is another story. I have had grays for a long time, and always colored them, it is hard when you are trying to be good to your hair because you notice all the things you don't like about the natural part.. Don't fret the grays though, cause they are beautiful..:cool:

LissaJane
January 20th, 2011, 08:15 AM
I think that grey hair is actually quite pretty :)
It's probably easier said than done (as I'm not sure how I'd feel about greys at a young age), but embrace it!
A friend of mine is only 19 and almost has a full head of grey hair, if it makes you feel any better :blossom:

jujube
January 20th, 2011, 08:19 AM
I'm 20 and I have exactly one. I love it, haha!

little_cherry
January 20th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the club...found my first silver when I was 15...now I have quite a few more. I henna right now, but one day I'll let them be.

Angela_Rose
January 20th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I've been growing silvers in since I was 12. I'm seeing a handful grow in at my temples and several coming in at the back of my head.

I'm stoked! Congratulations on your first silver!

Nago
January 20th, 2011, 08:44 AM
there was a boy in my class that with 15 had a lot of white hairs.

Anje
January 20th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Already?!?! I found my first gray at 12, and it was a foot long! My DH is 34 and approaching salt-and-pepper (beard is already mostly salt), and he's graying out slowly compared to his parents. Then there was the family he grew up near, where all the kids were salt-and-pepper in high school and completely gray by the end of college, but that was definitely a genetic anomaly.

I'd say you're overdue.

teela1978
January 20th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Boy your hair and mine are almost identical if you look at your avatar and my siggy! Same type too!
hehe yay hairtwins! I might have a bit more gray than you though, if I part it a bit further to the side than it normally does on its own it looks like this:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e117/lchamber78/Hair%20Length%20Shots/DSCN3466-Copy.jpg

phylsgyrl
January 20th, 2011, 10:35 AM
My first white hair turn up when I was 16 - I personally think they look amazing!

laughinglynxie
January 20th, 2011, 10:45 AM
I had previously been dying my hair since I was about 17...so I have no idea when it came about, but since I've been dye-free, I found a white one in my bangs area. I'm 27. :)