PDA

View Full Version : A few questions for people who highlight

Pear Martini
January 19th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I highlight my hair, and I have noticed a bit more damage. Now its nothing to serious but I would like to know how often other people who highlight wash their hair?

I was washing it every other day with Aveda dry remedy and sometimes Aveda damage remedy. A bunch of splits have cropped up, so I decided to not wash my hair for a bit longer. Its been about 4 or 5 days. I really want to wash it, but it doesn't look dirty or smell bad.

Shany
January 19th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Hi, I have highlights, bleached twice...very damaging :(

I wash my hair every other day or every 3 days. Because of my seborrheic dermatitis, my scalp gets very itchy. I don't ''wash'' my length often though (CWC method). I oil my ends lightly with extra virgin coconut oil or shea butter and it improved my ends a lot. I usually notice more split ends when I brush(boar bristle brush) and comb(seamless bone comb) more often. I know some people who only wash their hair once a week without smelling bad and looking dirty, greasy. I think you are very lucky if you can do it. Less handling, less damage..

Fufu
January 19th, 2011, 11:49 PM
I coloured and highlighted my hair.

I wash my hair every alternate days, that should be 3 to 4 times per week.

I use shampoo and conditioner catered for coloured and highlighted hair.

UltraBella
January 20th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Hi, I highlight and luckily I don't have any damage. I wash my hair every five days, if it's feeling weird I will wash on day four. I use a low SLS shampoo and a cone free conditioner.
Make sure one of the products you are using isn't overloaded with protein, that can cause more issues for some people.

papillion
January 20th, 2011, 06:06 AM
I'm currently growing out my highlights, and have a lot of damage from them.

I wash twice a week (every 3/4 days). I only shampoo my scalp, and with very diluted shampoo. Then conditioner on the length.

I'm currently trying to get into the habit of lightly oiling my hair with coconut oil every day, and doing a SMT once a week. It appears to be helping slightly, but I know it's only a temporary measure and I'll have to cut a lot off pretty soon. :(

Lianna
January 20th, 2011, 07:00 AM
Some parts of my hair are highlighted, but now I just use all over color to lighten. I wash everyday/every other day with SLS and cones. :D