PDA

View Full Version : How awesome is your hair =^.^=

IndigoAsh
January 19th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Ok, so we have how we'd like our hair to be topics, how we'd like our hair to look threads, and how to attain perfectly silky locks... and there was a thread I read and it was what's your ideal hair and all I could think of was, 'mine!'.

In this thread! dun,dun,duuuun.... You have to talk awesomely about your own hair! Things you love about it, indulge, be vain, and no negative comments whatsoever! If this thread has been done it's ok you can delete it = ( I didn't see another like this and I thought it'd be fun.

Ok! For me... I love how shiny it is, and how it never makes a habit out of any parts(middle parts, side parts... hair parts) I wear and how it curls in a V shape on the outer parts and gets large curly waves at the bottom. How in the sun it stays black, but when the sun hits it just right it's a dark reddish color. And the thickness of the hair strands, I get a kick out of how much I love that.
My dad always hated it when I cut, colored, and messed with my hair in any way and now that I gave my hair a chance I can totally see why. Your turn!:p

JuneBride
January 19th, 2011, 08:06 PM
I love my natural hair color...it had natural blond highlights and natural red undertones. It holds a curl or can be stick straight. It grew back for me after the bleach disaster...and seems as tho it forgave me ;)

Awesome Thread Idea!!!

Love Positive Threads :)

Vani1902
January 19th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I like the versatility of my hair. I can have crazy curls, or slick straight.
I love the wildness it is in possession of. It never really likes to be tamed.
I like my hair color. I like the darkness of it.
I love how easy it is to style.
It has a mind of it own at times.

I love this thread. :)

Lostsoule77
January 19th, 2011, 08:17 PM
This is really a great thread!

I love how my brown hair has natural blonde highlights inside and red outside in the sun. I love how it looks when it's acting properly. :)

UltraBella
January 19th, 2011, 08:28 PM
My hair is so incredibly awesome ! Not only do I have enough of it for three people, but my individual strands are so strong, they are like superheroes :D
Here is my super awesome hair, just one strand, lifting a soda that is EXACTLY half full. Notice I did it over the sink in case my hair's super powers momentarily failed.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/IMG_0553-1.jpg

Lianna
January 19th, 2011, 08:29 PM
I like that my hair is soft, thick, shiny, slippery, can hold a curl or be straight with no issues, it's strong enough to lighten to my desired shade (medium blonde) with no visible damage. I also like that I don't have to put leave-ins to look nice after I shampoo it, which is everyday! I'm also glad it can be shampoo'ed everyday, LOL. I like that it doesn't tangle, or breaks with barretes or metal accessories, it can be combed wet, or brushed dry. I guess I have a lot to be thankful. o.O

Luckysock
January 19th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Great thread!

UltraBella that is crazy! I'm going to try that :)

I love how thick my hair is and its natural texture (straight with a bit of body). After many years of fighting it, I now love my natural colour - an ashy brown with caramel highlights in the summer. I love that my hair can rock a sock bun and I love that my hair is still growing! even now as I approach waist length it shows no sign of reaching terminal :)

WynneWear
January 19th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I love my hair's natural waviness/curl, I love its thickness and shine, and I love that it is looking longish again, finally, after the chin-length bob cut a few years back.

I like its color, too, and how it shines with multi-colored highlights in the sun.

Great thread, thanks! It's good to be good to yourself.

IndigoAsh
January 19th, 2011, 08:59 PM
OMG your hair is like the Arnold Schwarzenegger of hair Bella! I feel like I just watched your win a power lifting competition. Encore.

orbiting
January 19th, 2011, 09:03 PM
My hair is very very shiny.. and silky smooth.. It just slips through the fingers.. I love how it feels, always have (even as a small child). :)

And... Ok this might seem... odd but.. I love my sideburns. They go almost to my jaw and sometimes the hair there curls.. I like my nape hairs too..

lpsqt60
January 19th, 2011, 09:09 PM
I love my color; the dark brown almost black and in the sun suddenly I'm auburn! It's cool, also I love my waves, yes, they need taming but even when they're out of control I still rock them. I also love my length, it takes a lot of maintenance and product but it's so worth it to me.
Thanks hair, I love you for ever, even the 5 gray hairs at my right temple may you grow into one super cool gray stripe on the side of my head.

lindaton
January 19th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I love how thick and healthy my hair is. I also love how resistant it is to damage from coloring it. I am very fortunate to be blessed with these genes.

Linda

kschr2004
January 19th, 2011, 09:21 PM
My hair is so incredibly awesome ! Not only do I have enough of it for three people, but my individual strands are so strong, they are like superheroes :D
Here is my super awesome hair, just one strand, lifting a soda that is EXACTLY half full. Notice I did it over the sink in case my hair's super powers momentarily failed.

I just have to say that this is the coolest thing ever! :) I would totally like to try it on my hair, but I think it would be a major fail with only one strand.

MissManda
January 19th, 2011, 09:26 PM
I love my hair. :crush: It grows pretty fast so I reach hair goals in a very timely manner. My individual hairs are reasonably strong for their thickness, even after going through two perms and two dye jobs and they don't usually break because of brushing or hairtoys and they are smooth and super-silky and shiny. I can go to bed with loose hair and wake up with no to very few tangles. Even after lots of damage, my hair remains determined to reflect light even if it's starting to split. I like that it is straight and sleek when I want it to be and that it can hold curl surprisingly well (only if it's 100% dry, though). I love taking my hair out of braids and then going over it with a BBB to make nice smooth waves that stay in until I wash my hair. When I have my hair loose or in a ponytail, it swishes back and forth when I walk. I am grateful that I have reasonably thick hair that makes nice-sized braids and buns and doesn't look too thin with layers in it. I am glad that it isn't too thick, though because that would be pretty overwhelming!

ETA: I came back to read the rest of this lovely thread, I realized that my post was really really long. I hope I don't sound full of myself or anything... *Runs and hides.*

pinchbeck
January 19th, 2011, 09:36 PM
I love how my hair is only starting to grey now at age 42. The rest of my hair is shiny and golden brown in the sun. I like its waves and like the feel of it on my bare back and how it has bounced back from a horrible cut six months ago. I like how nobody else likes it because I feel like a rebellion.

patienceneeded
January 19th, 2011, 09:37 PM
I love how thick and wild my hair can be. I like that is is long enough to pull back and play with. My hair grows fast, which is a bonus as well.

Angeletti
January 19th, 2011, 09:53 PM
I think the main thing I love about my hair is that it's naturally stick straight, I don't ever have to torture it with flat irons to get it like this and can just add curls or waves with damp braids or sponge curlers and go back to straight with a simple wash. Being silky, shiny, and resistant to damage are some other things.

Tia2010
January 19th, 2011, 09:57 PM
I love that my hair is healthy, full of shine and feels oh sooo soft ! I love all the body and waves my hair can have and I like the fact that it can look very dark but when the light hits it my red shines through like a flame!

IvySchex
January 19th, 2011, 10:00 PM
I love my hair! (obviously, or I wouldn't be posting here ;) )

I love how almost black it is. I love that I can curl it easily and have nice looking curls or I can get it to have just big loopy curls in the end and look almost as if I get it layered (thanks to my somewhat lighter ends).

I love how soft and shiny it is now that I am taking better care of it.

Ivy

Cirafly24
January 19th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Now that my natural color has grown past my shoulders, I'm really starting to appreciate it more. I used to think it was dull and drab, but it actually is a very nice color, it has natural highlights and red undertones. I love that my hair has been so shiny and soft since I started doing vinegar rinses. I also love that my hair dries wavy and soft, with no frizzies, without me using any leave-ins or styling tools.

Barniie
January 19th, 2011, 11:00 PM
I like how my hair is golden blonde and is very shinyy :)

Barniie
January 19th, 2011, 11:01 PM
and I like how a single strand is so light it is almost transparent!

Fufu
January 19th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Great thread :)

- I love the texture of my hair
- I love my coloured hair
- I love my fringe

Hotrox
January 19th, 2011, 11:23 PM
I love mine for its curls and how soft and shiny it is.

It holds really well in updo's and makes me feel very feminine :D

itsnikki
January 19th, 2011, 11:52 PM
I like the color of my hair. I like the little sparklies. :D Hmmm... I don't know. That's about it right now. LOL

Avital88
January 20th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I Like the thickness of my hair, now that im trying to go natural and take very good care of my hair i feel that it is only getting thicker over time.
My natural color is super pretty too its a medium brown with deep color tones in it.
My hair can be straight some days and other days i have a lot of ringlets so i sure like the versatility of it.

Ishje
January 20th, 2011, 12:34 AM
my hair is really soft and strong, it can handle a lot!
it is easy to learn new updo's with my hairtype, and it holds on great to all my favorite hairtoy's!

walterSCAN
January 20th, 2011, 12:37 AM
I love that it keeps growing.
I love that it's so soft and fine, especially the first ~14" of it.
I love the deep henna color it takes-- especially the first ~14"!
I love my new bangs.
I love that my scalp is finally calming down and not producing so much oil.
I love rubbing the ends on my face! (weird, I know)

Great thread!

Milui Elenath
January 20th, 2011, 06:59 AM
I love the length and I love the feel of it brushing against me in a gentle breeze. I love that it's straight, I love the texture and I love that it makes me feel beautiful because it is!

CarpeDM
January 20th, 2011, 08:49 AM
The only thing I really like about my hair is my natural color.

Caldonia Sun
January 20th, 2011, 08:58 AM
I love the soft silkiness and the fact that it doesn't tangle. I love the silver color that it is now. When the sunlight hits it, the strands reflect various hues like a crystal.

cmnt831
January 20th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Great topic! I love my white hair because it gives the most awesome henna highlights against the dark brown. I love how it continues to grow longer and that it's wavy. :)

Angela_Rose
January 20th, 2011, 09:11 AM
I love the versatile nature of my hair. It can be curly or straight. I love the way different lighting conditions affect my color- in bright sunlight, I'm a redhead!
I love how sexy it makes me feel. There's something about the extreme femininity it affords me that just makes me feel so good.

summerjade
January 20th, 2011, 09:13 AM
I love that my hair has forgiven me for all the terrible things I have done to it !!! It has come back stronger than ever and is ever so shiny. It is just the right amount of texture so that I can wear it long & straight or wavy or a little curly. I love the way it tickles my arms when it swings a certain way. I love my color,chocolate brown with a little red and lighter brown strands that look like silk. I loves its versatility!!

craftybunn
January 20th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Ok. I'll play. Great idea.
I love how average my hair is, meaning not too thin but not too thick, not too straight but not too curly, not too fine but not too coarse. I love that it is shiny and doesn't tangle. I love that it hangs nicely straight out of bed. I love that I have a cowlick right at the front of my head that sort of make it look styled a bit without styling. I love that it is not a struggle to grow. It grows fast and strong. I love my hair!

HairFaerie
January 20th, 2011, 09:20 AM
I love that my hair grows pretty darn fast.
I love the soft feel and how it looks so shiny sometimes.
I love the color of my hair.

jujube
January 20th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I like discovering how my hair is in every stage of its growth. I love how it's thick and full and big, and has great updo potential, and a nice color.

Siava
January 20th, 2011, 09:37 AM
I love my hair! I used to hate it, but since I stopped fighting it and embraced the curlies, my hair is one of my true loves in life. It's multi-faceted, wild, big, long, and sexy. Plus, it can be worn like a scarf. I love my hair!

turquoisebud
January 20th, 2011, 09:37 AM
This is fun! I like my color and natural highlights. I like that I have more than enough of it and most of my friends have about a fourth of the volume of hair I do. I love the shininess of it (now that its healthier) and I love the softness. I feel totally vain now! :p

spidermom
January 20th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Awesome is not an awesome-enough word for my hair's awesomeness. I love a lot of things about it, but the color change just astounds me; I love it so much. I love how it changes in different lighting.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/blogfoto.jpghttp://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/spidermom/summerlength.jpg
(Oh - forgot that I still had a trace of Punky Rose-Red in the color on that 2nd picture, but that's another awesome thing - I can use fantasy colors without bleaching.)
I also love how all on its own it can be quite curly or at least 1B straight.

Awesomosity!

PiroskaCicu
January 20th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I love my hair's natural colour, light brown with caramel highlights from the summer sun...
I love that my hair is not quite straight but not quite wavy...in between :)
I love that it's really thick and soft.

sibiryachka
January 20th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I love the perfect little ringlets my nape hairs form themselves into when the conditions are right.
And it's sooooooo shiny!!

phylsgyrl
January 20th, 2011, 10:39 AM
I love how soft my hair is and it is split-end free, a fact that I'm very proud of. In the summer it's a beautiful raven black, but at the summer rolls around I have natural red highlights that shine through. I don't think there is a week that goes by when my husband runs his hands through my hair telling me how much he loves it :) and it's THICK because of my Hispanic roots! When I braid it, it's like a rope.

phylsgyrl
January 20th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Oops! That should be in the Winter it's raven black :P

bondgirl
January 20th, 2011, 10:45 AM
This is not easy, but I'll try.
I love how my natural cool ash-brownish color compliments my skin tone. Those few new silvers don't look too bad either. And as it gets longer, I can do more updo's and show off my cute little ears. :D

Pandora.
January 20th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Okay, since I'm usually very negative about myself, this shall be interesting.

I absolutely LOVE the color of my hair. It suits me a lot, and not many people can pull off the ultra light blonde off. I get a lot of compliments on being blonde. I think people think I'm pretty because of it. I reallyyyy like the length. I like how soft it has become over the past 6 months, ever since my hair damage DISASTER. I also really appreciate that my hair is thickening up pretty fast, since my hair became EXTREMELY thin that only a bob hair cut would look good. I stuck it out for a while and waited for it to grow, and now the top half of my hair is pretty thick, and very soon into the future all of my hair will be THICK again!

rena
January 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I like how my hair is so "moldable". I can flatten it, flip it, wave it, make it do what I want when wet and it will dry in that exact shape. Just add water and style! :D

silverleaf79
January 20th, 2011, 09:53 PM
I'm another one of those negative hair people so I'm finding it really difficult to say something nice about my hair, to be honest.

But I do like my hair when it curls properly and doesn't frizz too much, and I like that my straight-haired friends sometimes tell me they'd love to have curls like mine. I like that my hair makes me stand out because it's not "fashionable" - that to me is a good thing!

Dark Queen
January 20th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Awesome thread! Focusing on strengths is always great.
Let's see, I like that my hair is nearly black (brownish red highlights), I like that it's soft and very shiny despite having damaged in the past, I love that it's classic length, and I like that it's generally easy to manage despite looking like it should require a lot of maintenance :cheese:

Mírien
January 21st, 2011, 12:07 AM
I like my natural colour. When bunned it is almost black, when down it has some nice reddish-brown tones. :D
I am not yet satisfied with the length but I enjoy that I can feel it tickle at my elbow. :eek:

Guinevere
January 24th, 2011, 06:44 AM
Great idea for thread as it "forces" us to be thankful of our hair! :inlove:

I love my hair's natural color, how it's so soft, slippery, and actually comfy to sleep on! ( ^0^)

lunalovegood
January 24th, 2011, 07:24 AM
My hair has no split ends even though my last trim was 7 months ago. I was going to trim anyway, but after really searching through my hair and being unable to find even a single split, I decided there was no point.

It's also freakishly tangle-free. Usually brushing it takes 10 seconds - and I'm not rough with it.

Issmene
January 24th, 2011, 07:41 AM
It's thick and I have a lot of it, so I never lack volume. Also I like the blonde colour and the way it waves without actually curling up my bangs ^^ Lol.

annieangel149
January 24th, 2011, 07:50 AM
i love that my hair grows fast!
i love that im the only one in my family with blonde hair (everyone else has brown) not that brown hair isnt nice! its just nice to be different!
i love that i have grown to love my straight hair! (i use to have my hair permed cos i wanted to be curly) so many perms and sooo much damage!!!*sighs*

CastaDiva
January 24th, 2011, 07:52 AM
I love how silky, soft and smooth my hair is, and how I can run my fingers through it. Sometimes I just can`t stop touching it. I also like the color:)

Ludde
January 24th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I love that my hair is absolutely as pigheaded and authority dis-believing as me. I love that the more I learn about how to make my rolls of hair thrive the more they reward me with sweet little hints of smiles of beautiful movements.

turquoisebud
January 24th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Oh! I've already posted but I just thought of something. I love that me and my dad are the only blonde haired, blue eyed people in my family. I love the fact that I'm a blonde. I actually am proud of it, despite all the blonde jokes. Actually, its my philosophy that a brunette started the blonde joke trend because he/she was jealous!:p And I love fact that lots of people would love to have my natural blonde highlighted hair! Neener Neener! :tongue: Just kidding!

Vorvolaka
January 24th, 2011, 09:29 AM
I love the fact that it's straight but can hold a curl.

I love that, even though it is fine, it is resistant to damage. Babying it does help though!

2peasinapod
January 24th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Awesome thread idea! It's so neat to read about other people's hair.

As for my own, it is awesome! I love all the things I hated about it when it was short. I love the color and the shine. I used to hate the fact that my ends are lighter than the rest of my hair, but now I love the variety.

I love the waves. I used to hate the cowlicks, but when I started growing my hair, I got a nice surprise! :) I love how the look of the waves changes as it gets longer; I never get bored or stuck in a rut!

I love the thickness. I love how it holds in all the styles - thick enough to not slip, but not so thick that it's heavy. The only downside to the thickness is that I can't do a lot of styles because of it, but that's OK since it grows pretty fast.

I love that my hair is resistant to split ends. I love how healthy and damage resistant it is. It looks awesome if I baby it, but if I slip for a day or two, it still looks fine. I even love the little baby hairs that stick up everywhere. It means my hair is super healthy, and I think they're cute!

This turned out to be a lot longer than I thought. I guess I never really realized how awesome my hair is! :p

IndigoAsh
January 24th, 2011, 11:48 AM
YAY for awesome hair! I'm so glad everyone wanted to add to this. It makes me smile, everyone's comments about themselves are so nice. I think it's good to be appreciative of yourself all the time and sometimes I know I have to sit and literally write the good on one side and the bad on the other side just to remind myself...

Here's to more comments about how awesome you feel about your hair :beercheer:

btw, I am completely encouraging everyone to be 100% vain and self indulged in this thread. I'm sure the majority of us would never get a chance to do this again.

GoddesJourney
January 24th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I love my own hair color. I love the way it feels on my back and upper arms when I don't cut it. I love the way my own hair smells and I love the feel of the under stuff (so everything that isn't the top layer) The top layer is nice, but the under stuff feels like thick strands of silk. The word coarse does not describe it, because I feel that that implies a rough texture, which it does not have. I especially like my ends when I've just had a trim. I enjoy that I have a lot of hair and I love the way it looks when I've freshly brushed it with my amazing wooden paddle brush, or when I've just taken it down and it has a bit of a wavy texture. Yes, I'm in love with my hair. That is basically my main "girl" thing, although I can see why a man would love his hair as well.

breezefaerie
January 24th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I love my henna-red color. I love that my gray and whie hairs make for awesome flame red strands mixed in with the rest of the henna color.

I love that my hair grows. It is consistent and never lets me down.

I love that my hair is smooth, silky, and soft.

Great idea for a thread:)

yellowflower
January 24th, 2011, 12:26 PM
I love the curls in my hair, maybe not the colour. But i really really really love teh curls

EbonyCurls
January 24th, 2011, 04:30 PM
I love this thread yay!

I love how my curls look different everyday. It's like a Cracker Jack surprise.
I love the color and how depending on how it dries, or what type of gel I use, it can look reddish brown, to muddy brown to deep brown, to black.
I like how surprisingly soft it is (even though it doesn't always look soft)
I love that it is easy to care for and looks good even when it's messy.
I love that it keeps me warm and makes a good emergency pillow.

SheaLynne
January 24th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Awww, I love everyone else's hair, too!

And I love my hair! I love that it is longer than it ever has been, and I love the things about it that I always felt pressured to change before...waves that aren't straight but aren't curly, but can go either way with a little persuasion, and the color, which is a deep brown but with just a touch of reddish to it that comes out in the sun. I love that it is getting healthier every day. :)

I also love how soft it is now. I always considered my hair coarse but it was because I didn't know how to condition and oil it. So, most of all I love that I've learned how to love and care for my hair.

swivelhop
January 24th, 2011, 04:39 PM
This is a strange awesome for me. I love that I get to know what its like to be 'in-style' for once. Its not my doing but clumpy barely wavey in back, more wavey in front, super long layered hair in darkest dark brown is IN. What did I do to get this 'look'? I just waited til the bandwagon came this way.

Rocket22
January 24th, 2011, 04:51 PM
I like how soft my hair is,... I think I will LOVE my hair when it gets healthy, long and all my breakage is gone and my hair is one length...

silverjen
January 24th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I love being a wavy. I love how I can be nearly straight one day, and almost curly the next. I love my dark-brown-with-reddish-highlights color, but I also love the silver area developing on my left temple. I love running my hand through my hair and feeling how soft it is.

sneakybea
January 24th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Fun thread! I like that my hair looks really thick and healthy, and I like my natural waves. I like that (most of the time) it has a lot of volume, and I like how my bangs have a naturally fluffy quality that a lot of people need a curling iron to get. And while I don't like the fact I'm old enough for gray hair, I like that my silvers are nice and sparkly!