PDA

View Full Version : Paint in hair :(

beez1717
January 19th, 2011, 03:46 PM
So today i went and volunteered with my tutoring center and we ended up doing some parck bench painting and got some paint in my hair because i forgot a hair tie. What do i do now? It dried into my hair! I didn't get much bit i don't want to cut it out if possible.... Any help? Oh and how do you get paint out of cotton t shirts and jeans? (thats a side thought, my hair is the main question)

KittyLost
January 19th, 2011, 03:52 PM
When I got bits of paint in my hair they seemed to disappear/flake off after a few washes.

Any tips to get it off clothes would be great, I still have green paint on one of my fave tshirts :(

Bene
January 19th, 2011, 03:57 PM
I'd gently comb out what's dried on, then let it wash out on it's own after a few washes. As for jeans and t-shirts that get paint on them, those become my "I just rolled out of bed and I need to walk the dog" clothes. I can't think of any chemical that can get that stuff out safely. Maybe a gentle scrubbing with dishwashing liquid?

beez1717
January 19th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Ill try dishwashing liquid. Is that the stuff for dishwashers or for what you use to clean them by hand?

beez1717
January 19th, 2011, 04:07 PM
On another note i just spot cleaned my hair with my normal shampoo and a sponge since only my tips got painted. Used the soft side mostly and then the rough side very lightly. Paint came mostly out! amazing. Who would have thought a sponge and shampoo would do the trick? Lol but, did i do the right thing?

Bene
January 19th, 2011, 04:17 PM
I'd say the stuff you use when washing dishes by hand I don't own a dishwasher, but I imagine the soap used for the machine is slightly more concentrated and harsher.

Sponge and shampoo sounds like a good plan though.

Kaelee
January 19th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Coconut oil should work, though it's always come out of my hair in a wash or two (I'm a frequent painter).

rusika1
January 19th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Do you mean you have hairs stuck together with paint, or hairs that are separate from each other but have lovely park bench green highlights?

Either way, oil should work. Massage a decent amount directly on the painty bits, give it a little bit of time to loosen the paint up, then carefully comb/pick the paint out. It's like using peanut butter to remove chewing gum from the hair.

The clothes may not be salvageable, but there's a product called Goof Off which may work. It's pretty flammable I think, and you have to use it before the paint has time to cure completely (24-48 hours?). I've also heard that you can try scraping off as much of the paint as possible, then rinse the garment in warm water, then wash as usual.

Stagecoach
January 20th, 2011, 06:11 AM
I've been painting since I could hold a brush... I've never successfully removed paint from clothing if it's dried before I got to it.

For hair, I use my fingernails to scrape out what's dried, then shampoo usually removes the rest.

Oz
January 20th, 2011, 06:17 AM
im an artist and always geting paint in my hair.. shampoo gets it out... it breaks away evetualy. :) orrrrrr if that fails... get some brush cleaner fluid..

Garnetgem
March 31st, 2016, 07:14 PM
Shampoo will get paint out but takes time,i always wear a shower cap when i paint its the best tip i was given...

CreatureBailey
March 31st, 2016, 09:08 PM
Where I live I see some girls around my age do paint fights. XD They end up with paint all over them, even their hair. I think washing helps. :)

Hairkay
April 1st, 2016, 07:53 AM
I get paint out with oil. It takes a few washes. Also my emollient bath oil with the main ingredient liquid paraffin will get paint out in one bath soak. I've used that when I do DIY painting because spirits that people usually use for the job burns my skin.

Wusel
April 1st, 2016, 08:01 AM
Leave it untouched for a couple of days till it's porous enough and then gently rub the part of the strand where the paint is between your fingers and it should flake off.

Mirabele
April 1st, 2016, 08:25 AM
It may be scary but it washes out after several washes. You dont have to cut.

lapushka
April 1st, 2016, 08:36 AM
Shampoo will get paint out but takes time,i always wear a shower cap when i paint its the best tip i was given...

I've noticed you're resurrecting old threads from the dead again. :lol: :magic:

Garnetgem
April 1st, 2016, 12:50 PM
I've noticed you're resurrecting old threads from the dead again. :lol: :magic:

Well only today i see an older one dated from 2008 listed as a "new threads" not one i revived at all....

lapushka
April 1st, 2016, 02:57 PM
Well only today i see an older one dated from 2008 listed as a "new threads" not one i revived at all....

Really that's odd. Maybe there's a ghost floating around the LHC again. ;) :p

Garnetgem
April 1st, 2016, 03:41 PM
Really that's odd. Maybe there's a ghost floating around the LHC again. ;) :p

Well hmmm yes the ghost is not called Garnetgem this time :)