PDA

View Full Version : Blowdry no more :)

letterstodes
January 19th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Just wanted to thank everyone who responded to my last post about blowdrying and how to kick the heat habit. I have officially been blowdryer free for TWO weeks and I can totally keep this up. I prefer washing the same day and letting it air dry but if that isn`t possible I plan ahead, wash the night before and braid, which produces lovely morning waves (usually :) . My hair feels amazingly healthy. :)

turquoisebud
January 19th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I am so glad! :) I have stopped using the blow dryer for about two a month and a half and my hair is so grateful! :p It feels so much better!

Madora
January 19th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Good for you! Your hair will reap the results!

LaurelSpring
January 19th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Congratulations! Now that you have made it for two whole weeks you know you can do it! When I first even thought about not using one I couldnt figure out how in the world I would do it but now its been almost 3 years and although I do occasionally use it on low now and then in the winter for the most part it just sits in the closet.

xoxophelia
January 19th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Aw good for you! :D

I remember when I gave it up as well after I joined and it was hard at first but I can promise you that it has made a major major difference for my new growth which is about 9" now. And, I have been able to hold onto the rest of the length long enough to slowly trim it off.

There are many other styling tricks as well to get the texture you want ^^

craftybunn
January 19th, 2011, 09:31 AM
Congratualtions! You will see great improvement in the health of your hair.

NouvelleNymphe2
January 19th, 2011, 11:40 AM
on week 2 of no blow drying or heat styling product too. thanks for all the encouragement. definitely going to stick with no heat 2011 like my sig says! yay for healthy hairs!:cheese:

Nevada Rose
January 19th, 2011, 11:45 AM
on week 2 of no blow drying or heat styling product too. thanks for all the encouragement. definitely going to stick with no heat 2011 like my sig says! yay for healthy hairs!:cheese:

Sadly I need to go to HBA....,{hair blowers anonymous.} I don't think I could kick this habit during winter. Summer is another story.:poot:

kristymarie87
January 19th, 2011, 01:03 PM
i cant stand going out with wet hair, or going to bed with wet hair - my hair takes hours to dry and drys a mess!

Its taking longer and longer to dry even with a blowdryer! Im glad you can stick to it! I bet in a few months your hair will look lush!!!

Avital88
January 19th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Good you gave up your blowdryer! i just recently gave it up too plus the flat iron.
Yeeey for healthier hair!

heynormy
January 19th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Congrats!! You're on your way to healthy hair!! :)

Anywhere
January 19th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Congratulations. :D

jenwexler
January 19th, 2011, 01:45 PM
I have a few ways to keep my hair interesting without heat styling. =] They're on my tumblr. Braids are the BEST.

Dark Queen
January 19th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Very nice. It will take time, but the results will show. I quit several years ago myself and haven't looked back.

Jenn of Pence
January 19th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Well, I also stopped blow drying over the summer, which was wonderful! But it just ain't happening for the whole winter. Now, there are days when it isn't too cold and I can let it air dry as usual, but sometimes it just needs a little intervention. I've never really used my hair dryer to completely dry my hair anyway; my hair is thick, and it would literally take forever and fry it. But if I can just towel dry it a bit and get the roots less damp, I only have to use low heat for one to two minutes to get it dry enough I can live with it with minimal damage.

Ah summer, how I miss thee in so many different ways!!

laughinglynxie
January 19th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Awesome! I've only had one day in the past month that I've used my blowdryer (and it was still on cool). I can tell a huge difference already, too! I originally thought it would be difficult...but now I'm getting into a different (and easier) routine. Keep up the good work!

patienceneeded
January 19th, 2011, 09:32 PM
Awesome job! I've been blow-drier free for about a month, so I am right there with you. My hair is happy, I hope yours it too.

pepperminttea
January 19th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Good for you; if you can manage to give it up at this time of year, you've got it made. :D

MrsGuther
January 20th, 2011, 01:00 AM
Good for you!!! I hate the blowdryer, and it hates me too! :)

Fufu
January 20th, 2011, 01:12 AM
Yea, congrats to you :)

Your on your way to healthy hair