PDA

View Full Version : Anybody having hair aggravation?

mommy2one05
June 8th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Why does this always happen when you are gong somewhere? Yesterday I did a french braid since it was in the 90s and normally that stays pretty tight all day, but no it was falling out in places bad maybe due to wind so then I put it up in a cinnamon like updo but it didnt look great cause I am bad at updos still. SO last night I put my hair in perm for a day rollers and slept in them, and normally they do great but this morning I took them out and they parts of the hair was loose waves and a few sections tighter so then I did a no no and got my hot sicks heated up and tried doing a quick curl but still did not help. My hair did not want to cooperate with anything and I did not have time to wash before church so I just put it up kinda messy looking with a few of the leftover end curls out. As soon ass I got home from church I washed my hair and it is loose and air drying now. AHHH!

rchorr
June 8th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I think we all have days like that. I wear my hair in a french braid a LOT ... and one morning last week, I had to redo it 3 or 4 times ... by that time I was sweaty (of course, I had just taken a shower ... sometimes I wonder why I even bother drying off when I step out of the shower, hee, hee), and I was running late for work.

There are some days that it just doesn't seem to pay to even get out of bed! LOL! I hope your hair isn't giving you a hard time today :-)

RCHORR'

Gumball
June 8th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Sometimes hair is like rolling the dice. Sometimes you land on something you're happy with, but sometimes you need to keep rolling and rolling while never quite being happy with the turnout. We all hit that sometimes, but those frustrations really bring total contentment when we finally get past that and into a spot where our hair is completely cooperative again. Just potholes on the road.

spidermom
June 8th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Yes and yes and yes! Some days my hair aggravates the life out of me. Like yesterday. Everywhere it touched my face or neck, it tickled/itched. Every braid or updo that I tried pulled. I'm not sure how I got through the day without shaving my head.

FrannyG
June 8th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Oh heavens, yes. :agree: I find that every couple of months, as my hair makes a noticeable change in length, I go through spells of not being able to do anything right with my hair. My braids go all crooked, I can't do my usual updos, and so on. That can sometimes last about a week or so until I get used to the new length. Then I'm fine for a long while, and so on and so on. It's all part of the process.

By the way, Gumball, you have the best metaphors! :)

TheSpottedCow
June 8th, 2008, 02:40 PM
My hairs been driving me nuts lately because it's getting too long for a ponytail. The length doesn't prevent me from making the tail but it hangs down my back now and turns into a big knot/dreadlock. I am not good at doing many hairstyles, and buns are not flattering yet because even though it's getting long, my buns still aren't big enough for my tastes. It's kindof an awkward length for me. Longer I could do cool hairstyles, shorter I could do the old standard ones like messy buns and ponytails. Of course, I'll keep going for longer, but it's irritating.

So yeah, I've been aggrivated lately with it, LOL.

julya
June 8th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Yes, I have some days when my hair annoys me. Today is going well though.

Forever_Sophie
June 8th, 2008, 04:30 PM
I know exactly what you mean; it's annoying! And, like you said, only when it's at a time that matters!

flapjack
June 8th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Definitely having one of those days today. My hair is NOT staying in a braid. At all. It keeps slipping out, getting loose and looking generally dumb. And it's pretty hot today. Grumble!

DecafJane
June 8th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Yes, I'm having aggravation, but mine is a little bit different - I'm getting frustrated that mine isn't growing as fast as I want it to. :( I know it could grow slower, but I still want more hair.

galen
June 8th, 2008, 07:52 PM
100 °F temp, 10% humidity, and growing out "fringe". Do I need to say more.

Saranne772
June 9th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Ouch Dont I just know the feeling!! All I can say is, on days like that a snood is my best friendl;)

Carina
June 9th, 2008, 04:39 AM
That happens to me almost daily:o.It usually happens at work when I can't leave my machine and don't have a comb or a brush close to me.The pulling hair is the worst especially when my updo looks perfect and I'm at ease again.But boooom one pulling hair destroys everything:mad:.It aggravates me like :lala::steam:whip::angry:

Islandgrrl
June 9th, 2008, 10:20 AM
lol, I'm having that hair aggravation today. I did an SMT on Saturday and my hair is super slick, falling out of everything and driving me nuts. Little pokey ends everywhere and I just can't make it behave. I'm threatening it now with a shower......

.....not helping.

yldchyld
June 9th, 2008, 10:45 AM
yup. I washed my hair four days ago and for the first two days I couldn't get it to do anything or stay in a simple bun along with snapping a Keytlo stick and breaking two hair bands (when I stretched them with my fingers).

I have to wear my hair up for work and it kept falling. For the first time in months I actually had to grab extra hair pins and even used a Scroo. Usually I just use a Quattro Starlight fork and nothing else.

BAHH!

mommy2one05
June 9th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Nice to know that I am not the only one who has this problem...I do feel sorry for all you who have to deal with these types of hair days.