PDA

View Full Version : Made a hair appt

Shellby
January 18th, 2011, 08:33 PM
*gulp* I finally made an appt with my niece/hair stylist for Thursday! I want a slight trim and some color. Sorry I am just not ready to embrace these lovely platinum threads I have going on, I need to cover them. She saw me today and said, "wow your hair has gotten really long. It is so soft and healthy looking." Yay! We discussed cutting. Probably only an inch or so. I will take before and after pics.

ericthegreat
January 18th, 2011, 08:55 PM
You are too hard on yourself, I'm sure even if you didn't color over your greys that you would still have beautiful hair. Nonetheless, I hope all goes well and you end up loving your new cut/color. :)

Shellby
January 18th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Aww thanks so much Eric. I love the color of your hair in your avatar. Thanks to Heather I think I have had my hair every shade of blonde and red there is. LOL. My avatar pic is the red/blond from April of last year.

Shellby
January 19th, 2011, 10:08 PM
And now I am getting nervous. I am sooo trying to keep the damage to a minimum. Coconut oil anyone? Last year when I got my last hightlights/lowlights I had no idea you all even existed let alone had such wonderful advice! I just went for whatever she said. I hope I don't make her crazy with all my questions this time.

Fufu
January 19th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Can't wait to see your hair :)

I believe you can't wash your hair a day or two after colourin right?

After 1 or 2 days, you can try apply camellia oil, coconut oil or do intensive hair mask to moisturize your hair from chemically processed products.

Ishje
January 20th, 2011, 12:36 AM
good luck ^^
coconut oil certainly helped for me when I bleached!

Shellby
January 20th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I will post pictures tomorrow. Camera battery dead as usual. LOL. I took one with my phone and it is not the best, but you can see the color. I coated my hair lightly in coconut oil. My hair did not take the dye. Some of my grays are still sparkling! The lightening worked nicely. She can't figure out why my hair is not taking the dye. In July when she last colored my hair she thought the reason had to do with the product being too diluted. Perhaps not. I think the color is fine, but she is not happy. A lot of work for nothing I guess. We only cut an inch. Now the really sad part. I thought my hair was weak up higher, about 3 inches from the ends and she confirmed it. But rather than cut it all off we are going to do microtrims until we absolutely have to cut it all off. I suppose hip is not in my near future after all...