PDA

View Full Version : oiling

psalms66
January 18th, 2011, 08:14 PM
I know this is probably a dumb question, beings that there are pages and pages of recipes and how-to's on this site. :p

I just used a clarifying shampoo on my hair. Is it ok to oil without the whole clarifying thing? I'm going to oil it now and just see how it goes in the morning.

Something has to give. It's past my bra line, super fine and straight (the consistency of glass!) and has been a tangled MESS for too many days in a row. I had slipped back into using elastics to hold it up and out of the way so I'll stop that. It has contributed to some breakage.

I've actually considered cutting it off this week it's been so bad. :(

Any tips would be great - I'm a mother of 6, full time student and I have precious little time to go read for hours on the subject! Thanks!

monsterna
January 18th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Do you mean is it fine to oil and never clarify or wash it out? I am not sure if I understand the question. But I just want to ask if you use conditioner at all? You say your hair is a tangled mess and conditioner cuts down on tangles a lot.

lookingglass
January 18th, 2011, 08:40 PM
If you just clairified I'd recommend conditioning then oiling your damp hair. Oil locks in moisture.