PDA

View Full Version : Got Paint on Hair

JuneBride
January 18th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Yesterday I was painting a ceiling in my house and got a little too close...resulting in getting paint on my hair (see pic below). Any tips on how to get it out without damaging my hair? TIA!

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac142/trdegray/100_4211.jpg

Anywhere
January 18th, 2011, 08:22 AM
I found that CO washing helps me remove most things, you could try it on a small section with paint and see if it works before getting your whole head?

From my experience the paint just kind of slides off once its loosened and lubed up.

CindyLea1
January 18th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Try oiling it? It works to get paint off paint brushes. Go with olive oil or coconut, I'd say.

Let it set for awhile then try to peel off each strand. DON'T COMB or brush if you can help it.

jenwexler
January 18th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I use a mix of dishwashing soap and olive oil to take of paint. It's probably too harsh for your hair so maybe try a mix of a sulfate/clarifying shampoo and olive oil???

luxepiggy
January 18th, 2011, 09:07 AM
What type of paint is it? That might be a good thing to note before commencing removal! (^(oo)^)

ruffian
January 18th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Try a little bit of baby oil. Protip: it works for removing most kinds of paint off of skin, too, so if you have sensitive skin like me and can't use paint thinner or alcohol-type products, you have a gentler alternative. :cool:

ericthegreat
January 18th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Try oiling it? It works to get paint off paint brushes. Go with olive oil or coconut, I'd say.

Let it set for awhile then try to peel off each strand. DON'T COMB or brush if you can help it.

I agree with Cindy's suggestion. A deep oiling should be able to make the paint slide off. Coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil or any kind of oil should do the job. I would however then wash the oil off with either a diluted shampoo or CO it out, I wouldn't try to simply try to peel the paint bits off while the oil and paint is still in your hair, it might damage your hair somewhat.

ddiana1979
January 18th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Is it latex or oil-based paint?

Ishje
January 18th, 2011, 12:40 PM
What type of paint is it? That might be a good thing to note before commencing removal! (^(oo)^)

that is very important indeed! I have had latex paint in my hair a couple of times, and that comes out with water pretty well.
oil based paints are a bit more difficult to get out.

AlleyKitten
January 18th, 2011, 02:43 PM
Oil degrades latex. I've had luck using a lot of oil and then washing.

Malibu Barbie
January 18th, 2011, 03:04 PM
I would try baby oil it gets tar out of my hair.

JuneBride
January 18th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I successfully CO washed it out :)

Thank you for all of your helpful tips and comments!!!