PDA

View Full Version : Hair typing pics don't work for me

Lilli
January 18th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Why can't I see the visual hairtyping pics? I just see broken symbols with java=0. It does this on both my computers.

Failing this, how can I search members by hair type?

Failing THAT, I have a question:

I used to call myself 1a, but I am not sleek. After having 4 kids, my hair has changed a lot. If I wash it, no cones, and then comb it and then leave it alone, the top layer will have a body wave, and the whole underneath from ear to ear will be back-and-forth S-waves. So I am thinking 1c?

Anywhere
January 18th, 2011, 07:55 AM
this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/memberlist.php?do=search) should let you search by hair type. Just enter whatever criteria you want. I think the visual hairtyping guide has been down for a while now..

Anje
January 18th, 2011, 07:59 AM
The visual hairtyping page seems to be down and has been for a while now. Some of the LHCers are working on putting together a new one, but that'll be a while.

Sometimes the most effective thing is to take a pic and post it. Members here are pretty good at hairtyping at this point. (Standard procedure: wash hair as usual, then let it airdry without touching it and take a picture.)

Kaeita
January 18th, 2011, 08:15 AM
(Standard procedure: wash hair as usual, then let it airdry without touching it and take a picture.)

Does the washing part need to be shampoo and conditioner, or can it be CO, or whatever works best/is standard routine for a person's hair? I've read a few different sets of instructions for this, and they all seem to involve a clarifying shampoo.

Finoriel
January 18th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Yeah the old hairtyping guide is down since a while.
And we are trying to put together a new one as an LHC article, but still need more people contributing with hairtyping pictures.
*Hints at signature* :p