PDA

View Full Version : Aveda products?

horseprincess
January 18th, 2011, 12:20 AM
I'm really interested in buying their black malva conditioner to get rid of brassiness in my hair, but I really don't want to order online. Has anyone bought these at a salon, spa, or store?

Avital88
January 18th, 2011, 12:44 AM
When i go to a salon(rarely) i go to an Aveda Salon, im not sure which conditioner i tried but i do know its good stuff with great smell and ecologic as a bonus.
I hope someone else can answer your question more specifically..

ddiana1979
January 18th, 2011, 01:23 AM
They have Aveda stores in larger cities & some salons that aren't specifically Aveda salons carry their products. I know mine does. Sally Beauty Supply also carries knock-offs of some of their shampoos & conditioners. I think Sephora carries some of their products too, but not entirely sure about that.

Carolyn
January 18th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Go to the Aveda website (http://www.aveda.com/) and use the store locater to find a salon in your area. I always buy my products at an Aveda salon. I wouldn't dream of ordering on line. I use the Blue Malva and love it so I hope the Black Malva will work for you.

virgo75
January 18th, 2011, 07:44 AM
2nd Carolyn's suggestion of checking the Aveda website for local stores & salons that sell it.

I've bought and enjoyed the Brilliant shampoo & conditioner, the Dry Remedy Mask, and the Beautifying Oil Composition. I love them all! Plus if you're able to find a local store or salon they usually sell "travel" sizes so you can try out a smaller size before purchasing a full size.

owlathena
January 18th, 2011, 07:50 AM
I used to use the aveda blue malva shampoo. I really liked it. I also go to an aveda salon(once a year or so). I like to order online when there are free shipping specials, because they also send samples(and it makes me really happy to get packages!), but they also have most of their products in-store.

sedonia
January 18th, 2011, 08:25 AM
I haven't used the black malva but I have used the red color-boosting conditioners in the same line. (this was pre-henna -- I have no need now). I remember them being okay but a little heavy. Once my mother in law, who has blond highlighted hair, visited and used it in my shower not knowing what it was. She had pink hair for about a week.

I also remember that they were not strongly scented like some of the Aveda hair products (their shampure is too heavily scented for me).

Athena's Owl
January 18th, 2011, 02:52 PM
you could go to an aveda salon in your town. I figured you'd have at least one. Here they are... (http://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C1CHHJ_enCA377CA382&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=aveda+salons+near+olympia+wa)

I used to use aveda products back in the 80s and 90s, but stopped after the company got bought out by a cosmetics company whose practices I dislike.

misstwist
January 18th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Once my mother in law, who has blond highlighted hair, visited and used it in my shower not knowing what it was. She had pink hair for about a week.

LOL, cackle, cackle. :p