PDA

View Full Version : So many manes.....

LindainCO
January 17th, 2011, 11:11 PM
I think I posted that the day after I posted about "Older Women", hubby and I went to Costco. We only go about
once a week, it is often so crowded.....

But I noticed how many older people had long hair, and I was surprised! Is it trend? I counted 6 people just sitting in
the snack area, less than 30 minutes.

So....

today we went to Walmart, and I saw MANY long haired ladies, some gorgeous hair! and one lady who's hair was classic? Is that
below the hip? Butt length? Sorry, I forgot. But when I happened to see her again ( originally thought it was a teenager) I was surprised to see that she was about my age!
She was very tiny, I think that threw me at first. Well, and I only saw her from the back.

I didn't see any long-haired men, which is good, as my hubby has never had long hair, about the length of Jim Morrison (you older rockers know what I mean?) and now it is short. He has strange hair, different sections grow differently, and he has found a hairdresser (after 50 years of searching) who can cut his hair right. He looks good. HE is self-conscious. We don't want to mess with the drama queen. ;D
At the same time, I was a 60's girl, and like long haired guys....so if he at some point decides to commit, I will guide him to this forum....

Night_Kitten
January 18th, 2011, 12:41 AM
If long hair is really comming back into the mainstream, that is AWSOME!!! :D
I think there was an attempt by designers to bring long hair back into fashion a year or two ago, but it never took... Some extentions worn during a month or two was the most I could see of this trend, no real change in the attitude to long hair or proper haircare... :(
But maybe this time it will be different, as it seems the trend starts "from the bottom" and not dictated by designers, so it might be jenuine :) *holds fingers crossed*

truepeacenik
January 24th, 2011, 10:56 AM
I have to ask where in Colorado, and the ethnicities involved.

When I lived there, I was usually the longest hair in the room, but occasionally a woman would have longer hair, or more commonly, a younger man.
Typically, both would be dreaded.

If I saw someone wih similar length (within six inches) chances were that it was a woman, and rarely caucasian.

virgo75
January 24th, 2011, 11:27 AM
That's great that you've been able to spot so many gorgeous long heads of hair. :cheese:

I know I've been seeing them more simply because I'm looking for them more. :p

As for age- I've found more older ladies with long hair than the younger ones who usually have it BSL or shorter because they want it styled rather than just long. There are some younger ladies as well, but I think it has more to do with their culture(Arab, Latina, Asian) than a trend.

Cheeks1206
January 24th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I think the popularity of long hair depends on location. Over here in southeast Texas longhair is pretty common. I see women with waist+ length hair almost daily. When I lived in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, I don't recall seeing nearly as many women with that length.