PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite And Why??

justjamie7474
January 17th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Hello All, So Glad To Be A Member Here And Love Everybody's Help And Lovely Posts And Pictures. My Question To All Is...what Is Your Absolute Favorite Hair/scalp Oil And Why?
Thanks

Anywhere
January 17th, 2011, 07:09 PM
coconut oil for my scalp, i believe it has antifungal (or antibacterial or something like that) properties and gets rid of my flakes. it also works well on my hair, leaving it soft but not greasy.

That being said I love EVOO as well, but only for hair and not scalp.

firefly42
January 17th, 2011, 07:38 PM
coconut oil i like how it makes my hair smell and feel.

jasper
January 17th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I don't typically d scalp oiling- only as part of a heavy deep treatment and then it would be a combination of oils.

My favorite for oiling my hair is she a butter. I like it because it doesn't weigh my hair down and doesn't look oily. It makes my hair soft.

spidermom
January 17th, 2011, 07:45 PM
Coconut oil, but I keep it off my scalp, which produces plenty of oil all by itself.

virgo75
January 17th, 2011, 07:58 PM
I don't usually oil my scalp unless I'm doing a super heavy oiling, but I'm gonna cheat and say that my TWO favorite oils are Coconut(for the shine, moisture, and scent) and Jojoba(for detangling and keeping my hair detangled). :p

Mamakash
January 17th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Right now, I'm using Vatika for my scalp and I'm pleased thus far. It far cleaner than any oil I've used and makes my hair fluffy, but I think the coconut oil does that. It helps me extend washes without having an itchy scalp. And it does seem to tone down the few grey hairs I have. I'm hopefully going to keep up with it for at least six months . . . I want to see the long term effects.

Freki
January 17th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Coconut oil is definitely my favorite for many reasons. It makes my hair so soft and shiny. And I like how it is solid most of the time, so I can scrape just a tiny bit with my finger nail to get just the right amount of oil for my hair. I also think it has a lovely smell.

Melisande
January 17th, 2011, 08:10 PM
I love jojoba for my scalp, coconut oil for my lengths. I use a mixture of essential oils in jojoba oil (found the recipe here on the boards, it was all the rage some - hm, four or five years ago...?), and it's fantastic. It has a wonderful scent, is very light, makes my hair grow stronger, and keeps my scalp healthy.

Hotrox
January 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM
coconut oil as a pre wash overnight deep conditioner. Leaves my hair so soft and shiny :)

But applied to wet or dry hair after shampooing makes it look greasy and stringy

Alexannee10
January 17th, 2011, 08:36 PM
My favorite oil is olive oil :) which is perfect for super dry/damaged hair (it's heavy ..) If I don't want my hair to be greasy, I'm using amla oil !

christine1989
January 17th, 2011, 08:39 PM
I like coconut oil like everyone else on here but as far as an everyday oil I like sweet almond best. It is lighter than coconut and dosen't have that icky smell.

justjamie7474
January 17th, 2011, 08:44 PM
what essential oils do you use with the jojoba oil for the scalp, i need my hair to grow stronger thanks so much