PDA

View Full Version : has anyone heard or done this to their hair??

justjamie7474
January 17th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Has anyone done or heard of "no pooing" ??
Its the method of not using shampoo anymore to wash your hair but rather washing it with a good conditioner and massaging the scalp with conditioner and rinsing with warm water. I was reading different stuff about it online and decided to try it just now. It made me loose tons more hair then i would normally use when i was my hair and condition normally. Has anyone else tried this? If so did you have this same outcome in losing like 3x more hair than usual?
thanks so much

Bene
January 17th, 2011, 06:45 PM
There are about a bah-zillion threads on this site about no-poo, or discussions where people mention it.

Roseate
January 17th, 2011, 06:45 PM
In this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2898&highlight=conditioner), you can read 101 pages of posts from people who are using that method (called CO for Conditioner Only, around here.)

Welcome to LHC!

Tookii
January 22nd, 2011, 07:21 AM
Welcome to LHC!
Um, I think you are referring to the CO method or conditioner only method. There are zillions of threads about it.

HintOfMint
January 22nd, 2011, 08:19 AM
Welcome, and yes, that method made me shed like mad. I had to stop and find a new routine. You'll find a lot of different ways to take care of your hair on this forum. Keep an open mind but don't feel bad if something doesn't work for you.

milagro
January 22nd, 2011, 08:29 AM
:waving: I do it every 3 days (since the very beginning of Dec) and my scalp's never been happier. My hair feels more moisturized, too.
Highly recommend use the link Roseate kindly posted.

Konstifik
January 22nd, 2011, 09:00 AM
Yep, it's pretty popular at this forum. My hair despises conditioners though, so it's nothing for me. :)

McFearless
January 22nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
Welcome to the forum!

I'm a conditioner only washer and I love it. Your hair definately has to adjust and you must use the right conditioner on your scalp. I use Suave naturals tangerine conditioner on my scalp and it works perfectly. I dilute it a bit with water also.

Do you massage to agressively? That could be why you shed so much. My shedding went down after CO.

triumphator!
January 22nd, 2011, 01:12 PM
I love CO. My best advice: don't use your fingernails!

jojo
January 23rd, 2011, 08:49 AM
My hair loved CO washing until it got longer, its great for people with a little wave or frizz as it brings the hairs true texture; many have been surprised to discover their straightish hair is really a wavy in disguise!