PDA

View Full Version : Yummy Hair Oil!

Kaya
January 17th, 2011, 06:31 PM
So this is more of a 'I really love this product' thread than anything else, but oh well. :shrug:
I used the most yummy-smelling coconut oil and I can't stop sniffing my braid tassel. (I swear, I'm not crazy!)
I don't know if anyone here has used Monoi oil, but I highly recommend it if you want a heavenly-scented coconut hair oil. I ordered the Coco and Vanille scents and used the Coco today. It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you like a mildly strong, sweet smell, this will be right up your alley. The smell reminds me of a cookie. :gabigrin:
It's nice that if you use it and have a tassel, or even with loose hair, you can smell it, even after a full day. I don't necessarily have to sniff either. I keep getting whiffs of it as my braid moves around.
Anyways, I just thought I would share my hair oil nirvana with the commnunity! :cloud9:
(Just google Monoi and make sure you get original monoi oil. It has a little dried tiare flower in the bottle.)

Melisande
January 17th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Did you try the search function of these boards? Many people here use Monoi oil. I think it's one of the more popular oils around here ;-)

Shicurls
January 17th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Yup! Fairly popular because it smell super great!

Kaya
January 18th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Did you try the search function of these boards? Many people here use Monoi oil. I think it's one of the more popular oils around here ;-)

:oops: Yeah, I can never seem to remember the search function. Thanks! :)

Dani
January 18th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Whoa, you got the same two I ordered years ago.. It was literally about 11 years ago now, jeez. :p That's so neato. I remember the scents very well. They were such "silky" soft oils, too.. not many out there like that. But my favorite now is just the Emerald Laboratories extra virgin organic coconut oil. It's for eating, but pretty much all coconut oils are. I used to just get the tub of Spectrum for hair/body at Whole Foods, and the jar of refined that has no scent in the cooking oils section of grocery stores. The Spectrum refined is great and works well and has no scent, but I don't prefer it. I bought the Spectrum hair/body tub many times, and it's just not that great, even though I thought it was. heh. Because I just decided to pick up a tub of the Emerald Laboratories one I happened to see at GNC one day a while back, just to try a new one for once. OMG. It kicks all other coconut oils' bums! :D It seriously does. The scent and quality and Taste and texture are all just massively perfect. It is Delicious. I love eating it on toast by itself or with honey, added to porridge, smoothies, etc. And I love using it on my hair by itself or mixed with shea butter for a lovely coconut/vanilla smelling hair and skin butter. I don't know why they end up smelling vanilla-y when mixed together.. I love adding a little olive oil and Aura Cacia Vanilla eo (it's in a jojoba oil base) to these as well. It's my special mix. :D It's all just lovely on my hair and skin and I cannot live without them. :p I'm just so glad I decided to go for it and try a new coconut oil, because it is the best ever. :bluebiggr:grnbiggri:heart: Anyway, sorry to go on.. it just happens in the most unlikely of places.. :p Enjoy your Monoi oils. :D

jojo
January 18th, 2011, 03:36 PM
is this similar to morrocanoil?

madeline_
January 21st, 2011, 12:05 AM
When I oil my hair with a mixture of coconut and argan oil, it makes me crave peanutbutter cookies all night. :oops:

vanity_acefake
January 21st, 2011, 12:37 AM
I've got the vanilla one and yes it smells gorgeous. I adore the smell of vanilla. And the oil is great.

Aveyronnaise
January 21st, 2011, 12:47 AM
This type of oil is very popular in France because it is a traditional Tahitian concoction.I have been using about one bottle for the past few summers on my skin for moisturizing properties. I can't wait to try it this summer on my hair!
From what I understand it is coconut oil processed somehow to stay liquid ,and infused with gardenia.
It's nice because it is hard to get a natural gardenia smell.

julliams
January 21st, 2011, 01:06 AM
I just went on the Australian website. The 125ml versions seem expensive. The 25ml are more affordable but does it last? Which size would you go for? 125ml is like $70 and I bought 3 litres of coconut oil for $45 on ebay (cooking grade) from Fiji.

Went to the US website and they have it for $9.95 - go figure.

Aveyronnaise
January 21st, 2011, 01:08 AM
I just went on the website. The 125ml versions seem expensive. The 25ml are more affordable but does it last? Which size would you go for? 125ml is like $70 and I bought 3 litres of coconut oil for $45 on ebay (cooking grade) from Fiji.

Wow! That is expensive, here I am sure it is under 10 euro. not more than 20 for a fancy brand.

Freki
January 21st, 2011, 05:03 AM
Ooh, I didn't know about this oil. It looks lovely, I definitely want to try it! My hair loves coconut oil, but some different fragrances would be great. :)

NouvelleNymphe2
January 21st, 2011, 08:29 AM
i was just reading about oil in Flaxen's article. i'm a newbie and learning too.:poot: i really recommend the articles. here is a link to a thread that talks about likes and dislikes. i found it in the article. very practical:

http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=56288&page=2

carabean
January 21st, 2011, 08:46 AM
wow..new oil for me!!! I'm googling now!