PDA

View Full Version : Updo success!

Kherome
January 17th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Well after coming here and reading that you should always wear your hair up to protect it I thought Oh no, I'm in trouble now! I generally wear my hair up in a octoclip but it's getting to be a pain because my hair isn't fitting securely in the clip anymore and I already had the biggest clip. Ponies are no good because of elastics. I don't like braiding it because as I turn my head the fine hairs under the braid get tangled and the braid itself rubs on your shirt. Buns and I don't get on well because I am not skilled with pins. So I was thinking I was out of luck. Then I tried one more thing...maybe it's not the most attractive option but it worked! The "Heidi Braids" keep it up off my neck, it requires very little pinning, and it's up! Yay! Now hopefully people can stop making stupid comments like "Hey Holland girl!" or "Can you yodel for me?" or "Where are your wooden shoes?" :rolleyes:

ETA: You can see my braids in my profile now :)

Ishje
January 17th, 2011, 08:45 AM
it looks lovely :)

angelfell
January 17th, 2011, 08:50 AM
I like it, it's pretty <3. Bah to the people who make fun. I did a sock bun the other night, the boyfriend loved it.. and then I told him how I did it, and he told me he now hated it because there was a sock in my hair. So they just don't understand ^-^

Kherome
January 17th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I like it, it's pretty <3. Bah to the people who make fun. I did a sock bun the other night, the boyfriend loved it.. and then I told him how I did it, and he told me he now hated it because there was a sock in my hair. So they just don't understand ^-^

Are you serious? He suddenly hated it just because of the sock? Men are so weird!:p

angelfell
January 17th, 2011, 08:56 AM
Are you serious? He suddenly hated it just because of the sock? Men are so weird!:p

Very serious XD I know. He was probably imagining a used, smelly gym sock or something wrapped inside of my hair. However, us women do not do that :p.

Annushka
January 17th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I :heartbeat Heidi braids! Yours look really cute!

Alvrodul
January 17th, 2011, 09:07 AM
That looks good! i used to do heidi braids frequently - and combined it with hair taping. I used to get tons of compliments!:D

Kherome
January 17th, 2011, 09:08 AM
That looks good! i used to do heidi braids frequently - and combined it with hair taping. I used to get tons of compliments!:D

Hair taping?

Tressie
January 17th, 2011, 09:09 AM
That's looks lovely! Good for you! (o:

Anywhere
January 17th, 2011, 09:16 AM
I like it a lot. Glad you found an updo that you can be happy with. :D

lynnspin
January 17th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Wearing my hair up really gives me a headache! I can wear it up for a little bit 3-4 hours but then my head starts to ache and I take it down. Does anyone else have this problem?

Kherome
January 17th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Wearing my hair up really gives me a headache! I can wear it up for a little bit 3-4 hours but then my head starts to ache and I take it down. Does anyone else have this problem?

I get that if I wear a ponytail because the weight is pulling on one spot. If it's all supported, like my braids, it doesn't bother me.

Kherome
January 17th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Also I finally got my first IRL compliment on the style. No jokes about being dutch or wooden shoes...just an older (bald!) lady who said "Oh I used to do my hair like that! It looks nice!"

tinti
January 17th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Congrats on both the compliment and finding an updo that you like! It looks wonderful :) Also hairsticks is great for updos, and hairforks but I've never tried them :)

Rebecca.1905
January 17th, 2011, 11:30 AM
That looks so cute!! You did a great job on it!

tigr
January 21st, 2011, 12:44 AM
Congratulations on your updo success!

Here's a video on Elizabethan hair taping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqbAdvL8kME.

fluffybunny
January 21st, 2011, 12:50 AM
Looks so cute! I love Heidi braids, it seems so sensible to distribute your hair over your head instead of one big bun lump. I can't wait til mine is long enough to wear it that way, but I do dread the stupid remarks. It's bad enough when I do pigtails.

milagro
January 21st, 2011, 01:04 AM
I took a look at your profile and your braids look lovely! :flower: Don't pay attention to stupid remarks, those people just want to be witty (and fail big time :D)