View Full Version : How to do a bee butt for sleeping?

tanya222
January 16th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Ok, I've searched! Honest!

But it eliminates the word 'bee' and only searches with 'butt'. Tried 'beebutt' but (pun not intended LOL) I still cannot find the actual instructions on how to do this bun. I braid my hair every night for bed, usually to the right but I've been trying to even it out to each side for balance, but I'm starting to not like the little broken hairs I find wrapped up in the elastic when I take the braid out in the morning. (Yes I use fabric-covered, metal-free ones, and don't over-twist it.) I'd like to find another way to wear my hair to bed. It must be super-comfy of course!

To those who bee butt their hair for bed, could you please either tell me how you do it or post a link for instructions? Do you make it low down on the neck or way high up on top of the head? I'm mainly a 'back sleeper' so it has to be able to get out from under my neck and go to one side or the other. And what do you use to secure it - ponytail elastic? Scrunchie? I haven't used a scrunchie in so long, I think I got rid of all of mine when I discovered hairsticks LOL

Flossy
January 16th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I put my hair up on top of my head every night to sleep. I don't do it in any particular way, if I want bun waves I do a fairly tight cinnabun, if I want it straight I just do a pony tail and pull it through once. I always use a scrunchie.

I bend from the waist and gather up my hair and twist or pony or whatever. I could never wear anything to the side, I think it would annoy me too much. You could try the same idea, just lilt your head to the side and do your thing!

Cirafly24
January 16th, 2011, 10:26 PM
When I wear a bee butt bun to bed, I either make it on top of my head, or at the nape of my neck. I would think the top of your head would be most convenient if you sleep on your back.

It's basically like a cinnamon bun, except each twist goes under the previous twist. So, instead of being flat to your head like a cinnamon bun, with each twist laying next to the last, it ends up being rather tall, with the twists stacked on top of each other. The first twist ends up on top, and the last is closest to your head.

I secure mine with a big, soft velvet scrunchie. One of the things I love about this bun is that it gives me great bun curls.

tanya222
January 16th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Thanks for replying flossy, and cirafly, the way you do it, it does not wind up too tight on top of the head, right? Like when you go to lie down, it doesn't pull or anything? Perfect instructions by the way, I understand how to do it! I must remind myself next time I hit a dollar store to get myself a nice soft scrunchie! I swear I used to have handfuls of them but when my hair hit about mid-back length ponytails held up with scrunchies just wasn't cutting it anymore LOL

Cirafly24
January 23rd, 2011, 06:24 PM
Thanks for replying flossy, and cirafly, the way you do it, it does not wind up too tight on top of the head, right? Like when you go to lie down, it doesn't pull or anything? Perfect instructions by the way, I understand how to do it! I must remind myself next time I hit a dollar store to get myself a nice soft scrunchie! I swear I used to have handfuls of them but when my hair hit about mid-back length ponytails held up with scrunchies just wasn't cutting it anymore LOL

Hey, sorry for not replying sooner! It doesn't end up too tight for me, doesn't pull or anything. Have you tried it yet?