PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner Time

Wheatland
January 16th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Just curious to know, how long do y'all keep conditioner on your head when you're in the shower?

I usually keep it on for about two minutes before I wash it out.

Anywhere
January 16th, 2011, 07:30 PM
I keep it on about 10 minutes I guess. When I get in the shower I wet my hair, put the conditioner on, wash the rest of my body, rinse my body, then rinse my hair and get out of the shower.

patienceneeded
January 16th, 2011, 07:37 PM
Between 3 and 5 minutes usually. I shampoo first and then put on the conditioner. I let it sit while I shave, wash, etc, and then rinse right before I get out. I do wash my face in the shower with a gentle face cleanser after rising the conditioner, to get rid of any residue that might be on my face.

see_turtle
January 16th, 2011, 07:38 PM
About two minutes I'd say.

virgo75
January 16th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I shampoo first, then towel dry(I keep my hair towel right by the shower), apply conditioner, then do the rest of my shower stuff(washing body & face, shave, etc). Rinse off conditioner after that. Usually about 15 minutes or more.

Towel drying before using the conditioner seems to keep it from dripping onto my face as much and it seems to make the conditioner a bit more concentrated for my hair as well.

Tia2010
January 16th, 2011, 07:53 PM
About 5 minutes or so.

Wheatland
January 16th, 2011, 08:02 PM
:bigeyes: Maybe I should leave mine on for longer!

EbonyCurls
January 16th, 2011, 08:07 PM
I pile mine up on top my head, cover with a shower cap and let it mellow while I bathe. So, probably about 5-10 minutes.

lynnspin
January 16th, 2011, 08:16 PM
EbonyCurls ~ I love, love, love your hair!! I so wish I had curls! You are a lucky girl! ;)

squintinschool
January 16th, 2011, 08:50 PM
5-10 minutes? I never timed it. I wash my scalp with conditioner, then add a palmful to my length for detangling, detangle, plop my hair in a shower cap, do the rest of my shower routine, and then rinse out the conditioner.

AnnaJamila
January 16th, 2011, 08:55 PM
I wet my hair and let it sit for a while, and when it's mostly dry put on the conditioner (I'm a CO washer) then pile it up and go about my tub, which takes anywhere from 20-40 minutes.

Don't judge... I just have a lifelong ambition of being a raisin, is all...

btw, ebony curls, your siggy pic is what dreams are made of. just thought you should know!

teela1978
January 16th, 2011, 09:21 PM
However long it takes me to wash my face and body. Hair gets washed first, conditioner is smeared on, everything else is done, and then it all gets rinsed out. It depends on how speedy I am in the shower... 3-5 minutes maybe?

Buddaphlyy
January 16th, 2011, 09:33 PM
I don't condition in the shower, just rinse. I shampoo in the tub or sink first, apply DC and sit under the heat cap for 15 minutes then cool for 20 minutes. Then i get in the shower and rinsing is the last step.

Dragon
January 16th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I have never timed it. I wet my hair, put conditioner in it, detangler it, put it in a shower cap, wash my body then rinse it out.

Madora
January 16th, 2011, 10:10 PM
I leave my conditioner on for about 15 minutes while I complete showering.

Vani1902
January 16th, 2011, 10:14 PM
The first thing I do in the shower is apply conditioner. I then complete my shower. After, I might decide to comb my hair and then I rinse it off.

Fufu
January 16th, 2011, 10:47 PM
About 2 minutes to 5 minutes then I rinse off the conditioner with lukewarm water, followed by a cold rinse.

CarpeDM
January 16th, 2011, 10:49 PM
I alternate depending on how often I do a deep conditioning treatment, but generally I try to leave it on for at least 5 minutes.

Malibu Barbie
January 17th, 2011, 12:53 AM
About 10-15, I put it on top of my head, shave my legs and bathe my body then rinse. I then I rinse my hair.

Avital88
January 17th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Conditioner really depends how much time i have, sometimes just a minute but i think usually between 1 and 4 minutes. I really try to keep my showers short for enviromental reasons.l

Freki
January 17th, 2011, 01:41 AM
I only leave it in for 1 or 2 minutes. I scrub my scalp with a little baking soda, plop the conditioner in, work it on my scalp until it lathers, work a little along the length of my hair, detangle with my fingers, and then rinse it all out.

Red Leo
January 17th, 2011, 02:11 AM
Wow I really need to leave mine on longer !!I do mine about 1min ....mabe.

Synthemesc
January 17th, 2011, 05:04 AM
When I CO about 10-15 minutes, S&C just a minute or two.

Rebecca.1905
January 17th, 2011, 07:53 AM
My hair gets done first, conditioner on length, wash scalp and attached hairs, rinse, then condition the entire head, working conditioner into my dry scalp (seems to help). Then do the whole shower routine, rinsing conditioner out last. I've been ending with a cold rinse as well, but not sure if I'm gonna keep that up. It's very uncomfortable.

So, short answer, 3-5 mins, depending?

leoninnu
January 17th, 2011, 08:30 AM
5-15 minutes. I clean the the bathroom while the conditioner is in my hair so it totally depends on how much cleaning I have to do. If I only need to wipe dust and clean the toilet it's 5. Cleaning the floor drain adds 5 minutes more. And cleaning the washing machine adds 5 minutes too. So 15 minutes I I have to do them all.

angelfell
January 17th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Probably around 15-20 minutes. Putting conditioner in my hair is the first thing I do, then I do everything else like shave, wash my body, face, etc. Last, I rinse out the conditioner.

Anywhere
January 17th, 2011, 09:34 AM
I wet my hair and let it sit for a while, and when it's mostly dry put on the conditioner (I'm a CO washer) then pile it up and go about my tub, which takes anywhere from 20-40 minutes.

Don't judge... I just have a lifelong ambition of being a raisin, is all...

:laugh:
Hello fellow raisin.

And I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who conditions while showering the rest of their body. Yay. Hello comrades. :waving::eyebrows:

Cayra2011
January 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM
What about using apple cider venegar instead of conditioner? Has anyone tried it?

thatjengirl1
January 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM
well i usually shampoo and rinse out first. then put conditioner. then wash body and face & sometimes shave. Then rinse out the conditioner. my whole shower is usually 15mins. so i'm guessing like 10mins?

:)

RocketDog
January 17th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I put a thicker conditioner on my hair right after I wet it, and let that sit while I do non-head-hair related things in the shower. Once all that stuff is out of the way I shampoo and then use a lighter conditioner, which I let sit for a few minutes while I exfoliate my face.

Olyve
January 17th, 2011, 08:58 PM
I don't condition in the shower. It makes my head way too oily!

I wash my hair in the shower, when I get out- I turban wrap for 10 mins then mist my hair with diluted Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition in a mister bottle. Finger comb-Add sweet almond oil to my ends and then run Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship split end leave in over my ends and comb.

beez1717
January 17th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Is there such a thing as leaving conditioner in for too long? I've always want to know that. If That was the case I'd need to figure out my limit wouldn't I?