PDA

View Full Version : Holy Moly!!! (hair pics)

AspenSong
January 16th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Ok, I know all you poor souls have seen my recent hair pic....but I had to show this side by side comparison.....
The left shot is Jan 2, 2010....the right shot, is nearly 2 weeks old now - taken after a cassia/henna glaze.

I cut off the rest of that blonde previously dyed hair in April/May of last year....And that shot was taken right after cutting 4 inches off the ends then. That's about the time I started to try to be more serious about my haircare.
So in the time between the pics, I've picked up all new good habits here and I think the difference is huge! I truly had NO idea how much my hair had changed. Wowzers!!!

I'm just....dumbfounded.

http://i52.tinypic.com/16j4h1.jpg

lynnspin
January 16th, 2011, 07:05 PM
You have beautiful hair! I love how shiny it is. :-)

Capybara
January 16th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Holy Moly is right! your hair is beautiful - I really like the henna and cassia colour as well!

Lostsoule77
January 16th, 2011, 07:06 PM
That is awesome! Looks like you gained some length along with thickness and tons of shine. It looks so much healthier. I can only hope I gain that much from joining here. Good going, keep it up! :)

AspenSong
January 16th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks guys! The shine is all due to the cassia! It's great because it didn't change my color at all...that's allll mine!! :) And it's kind of nice to know it's MINE! And for once in like 10 years, I'm natural colored!

RavennaNight
January 16th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Isn't progress awesome? Your hair looks great.

AspenSong
January 16th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Thank you! It is great....In my mind, I thought my hair still looked like the before pic...and now the before pic looks SO much worse than I remember. I'm SO glad I've been doing what I've been doing and I've quit dyes for good and went natural as far as my condish and oiling and doing CO washes.

Gumball
January 16th, 2011, 07:15 PM
Goodness gracious! Your hair is looking downright incredible! Those good habits you picked up are totally paying off. I'm really happy for your progress! Congrats! The condition looks fantastic, and you've got some shiny locks.

rose.grace
January 16th, 2011, 07:22 PM
All that is one year's growth, minus the blonde?

Wow! :agree: It's beautiful!

Tia2010
January 16th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Very pretty and the shine is awesome !

TinaDenali
January 16th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Wow; looks fantastic!!! Looks like it's quite a bit thicker, too?

AspenSong
January 16th, 2011, 07:27 PM
All that is one year's growth, minus the blonde?

Wow! :agree: It's beautiful!

I waited until my hair grew a few more inches before I hacked more blonde off....so I had a tiny bit of blonde on the tips. But yeah....more growth than I expected in a year! Of course I've been doing MN treatments off and on the last 6 months, and I know I've gained about 3 1/2 inches from just that!

Marchpane
January 16th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Oh wow, that is a huge change! Your 'after' hair photo is so shiny and healthy looking! Beautiful hair. :)

HairFaerie
January 16th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Wow! Beautiful! I love the color and shine! :)

Anywhere
January 16th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Wow! :thud: That's quite an improvement there! Thicker, longer, more full of life. Gorgeous hair. :D

AspenSong
January 16th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Wow; looks fantastic!!! Looks like it's quite a bit thicker, too?

It looks like it in the pic. I honestly, don't feel like it is. Funny enough, I thought it felt like my hair was thicker THEN. But it does seem like there's a bit more in the second one. I don't know...maybe my hair is just happy so it expanded...lol.

AspenSong
January 16th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Thank you all. So kind.

I'll be honest. I feel a bit like tearing up....just because I've tried to get my hair healthy so hard and it just feels good to know it doesn't look like a rats nest finally!! And to have anyone say it looks nice, just is so flattering to me...especially among all the people here!!

christine1989
January 16th, 2011, 07:33 PM
It looks leaps and bounds better! I wish I had a hemline that was that heathy and shiny looking. :flower:

constancev18
January 16th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Beautiful hair. Shiny and healthy!

k8tea
January 16th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I must chime in with the others...your hair is gorgeous...all that extra care really has paid off!

Greenhousegirl
January 16th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Congrats! your hair looks amazing!:cheese:

MissManda
January 16th, 2011, 07:39 PM
Your hair looks like a perfect waterfall of silk! Amazing progress! :flower:

virgo75
January 16th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Your hair looks really beautiful, thick, and healthy!!!
Congratulations on your wonderful progress! :cheese:

Lisa R
January 16th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Yep, you said it "holy moly". Your hair looks so beautiful and bountiful!

I've been on LHC for quite a few years now but haven't looked into henna or anything like that. Would you be able to tell me what Cassia is? Whatever it is it has made your hair look even more amazing and I wouldn't mind trying that stuff!!!

AspenSong
January 16th, 2011, 08:08 PM
Yep, you said it "holy moly". Your hair looks so beautiful and bountiful!

I've been on LHC for quite a few years now but haven't looked into henna or anything like that. Would you be able to tell me what Cassia is? Whatever it is it has made your hair look even more amazing and I wouldn't mind trying that stuff!!!

Thanks!

Cassia is what they usually call "neutral" henna. It has a yellowish hue to it... (check out samples here... http://www.mehandi.com/shop/blondebundle/index.html)
I use it as a shine treatment....This last time I used mostly Cassia, a couple tablespoons of henna and left it on for 4 hours. I didn't really get any color change, just more shine. :)

Juneii
January 16th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Oh my :thud: your hair is so shiny and healthy! Congrats!

AnnaMarie
January 16th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Wow your hair is so shiny, I love the colour too :)

UltraBella
January 16th, 2011, 08:32 PM
What an amazing difference !!!!!! Beautiful :)

MClass
January 16th, 2011, 09:30 PM
You're my hair idol bc you have the same "hair type" as mine and I am currently growing out bleach, 10 months in.
I will be following your continued progress.
BEAUTIFUL! :)

Lisa R
January 16th, 2011, 09:39 PM
Thanks so much for the info! Will look into neutral cassia:)

Cirafly24
January 16th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Oh, AspenSong, look at the wonderful progress you've made!! You must be so proud to see your efforts pay off so beautifully. That's a lovely head of hair you have! I am also really impressed with how much you grew in one year! You must be doing a lot of somethings right :)

Fufu
January 16th, 2011, 10:46 PM
WHoaza... the differences are great. Your hair looks soooooooooooooooooo beautiful.

AspenSong
January 16th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Oh, AspenSong, look at the wonderful progress you've made!! You must be so proud to see your efforts pay off so beautifully. That's a lovely head of hair you have! I am also really impressed with how much you grew in one year! You must be doing a lot of somethings right :)

Thank you so much! Your hair is gorgeous....I long to be at the length yours is!! :)

I hope I've been doing right and just hope to continue doing so!

Dragon
January 16th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Looks great. Very shiny.

Red Leo
January 16th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Wow it's lovely!!!! worth all the work!

lacefrost
January 16th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Oooo! It's pretty!!!

missdelarocha
January 16th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Wow, it seems so many people are saying this, so you have to believe in it!

Your hair looks so much better, so much thicker, shinier and definitely quite a bit longer considering it had been a year and you'd cut length off o.O good work!!

Cirafly24
January 16th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Thank you so much! Your hair is gorgeous....I long to be at the length yours is!! :)

I hope I've been doing right and just hope to continue doing so!

Thank you...judging by how healthy and beautiful your hair looks now, I'm excited to see how it will look when you're at your goal length! When I was at your length, I had choppy layers and some heat damage...you will likely have a beautiful blunt hemline, just like you do now!

OperaTeacherMom
January 17th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Gorgeous! Looking at it, I would have guessed your hair was a LOT thicker than F/i, it doesn't look fine or thin to me :)

impaciente1981
January 17th, 2011, 01:42 AM
oh, it's beautiful. I usually use henna cinchona, which is neutral as well as supportive.
:)

Loreley
January 17th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous! :thud:

Avital88
January 17th, 2011, 02:59 AM
wow you have beautiful straight hair! and your natural color is also really nice. good job and very inspiring for everyone who wants to change their routines.

schweedie
January 17th, 2011, 03:55 AM
Your hair looks AMAZING. So shiny, and thicker too!

Rini
January 17th, 2011, 04:06 AM
That has got to be one of the best comparison shots I've ever seen! Your hair now is just gorgeous: sleek, shiny and looooong! You must be so ecstatic :cheese:

Isn't it amazing how we never think our hair has grown much until we see photographic evidence?

lw8666
January 17th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Your hair is pretty much Perfection!! Beautiful!

AspenSong
January 17th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Thank you...judging by how healthy and beautiful your hair looks now, I'm excited to see how it will look when you're at your goal length! When I was at your length, I had choppy layers and some heat damage...you will likely have a beautiful blunt hemline, just like you do now!

I surely do hope so! :) I'm soooo glad I found that before shot from last year because it's so helpful to me to see all this pain in the beee-hind struggling the last nearly three years since I started growing it out (it was about shoulder length to start off with) is working!

AspenSong
January 17th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Gorgeous! Looking at it, I would have guessed your hair was a LOT thicker than F/i, it doesn't look fine or thin to me :)

Thank you! It THRILLS me to hear that! lol. Alas, my ponytail is still under 2"...but if it at least doesn't look that fine, that's about as close to thick as I'm gonna get! lol

AspenSong
January 17th, 2011, 09:47 AM
That has got to be one of the best comparison shots I've ever seen! Your hair now is just gorgeous: sleek, shiny and looooong! You must be so ecstatic :cheese:

Isn't it amazing how we never think our hair has grown much until we see photographic evidence?

It is amazing. Seeing that has temporarily at least...haha, calmed my constant worrying over things like shedding and wondering if I'm going bald...lol, and worrying so much.

But thank you so very much. I'm very glad about it!

AspenSong
January 17th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Your hair is pretty much Perfection!! Beautiful!

Well Gosh! Thank you...that's a stellar compliment, though one I feel like I hardly deserve!! :)

I just want to thank ALL OF YOU here for all these lovely comments. I wasn't expecting anything like all of these...just kinda wanted to show the difference in how damaged my hair used to be. You all have really really made my week with all the very kind words, and I thank you greatly for that. It seems like no one in normal everyday life, tends to notice anything with my hair or say anything, so I figured it just sorta looked the same as always. lol. So thank you all again.

*hugs*

tinti
January 17th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Wow! Your hair looks so shiny and beautiful! A thousand times better :)

lyria
January 17th, 2011, 10:50 AM
your hair looks beautiful! such rich color and shine :)

Locksmith
January 17th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Wow! That's stunning. :D It looks like silk!

bunzfan
January 17th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Wow what beautiful hair it looks amazing since the cassia and you looking after it with TLC:)

Rocket22
January 17th, 2011, 11:03 AM
Wow and you were worried about your hair? :) girl you have NOTHING to worry about it's hair a lot of us would die for :)

Rebecca.1905
January 17th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Wow. Just... wow. You have stunning hair!

Tressie
January 17th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I think it looks lovely and healthy and of course........shiny.........where are my sunglasses?? (o:

sibiryachka
January 17th, 2011, 05:37 PM
WOW. Just wow. Is that as soft and silky as it looks?! Gorgeous color too!

thatjengirl1
January 17th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Pretty hair!!!
Happy growing, it's going to look even more gorgous as it gets longer. :)

ericthegreat
January 17th, 2011, 08:05 PM
The second pic speaks for itself! Your hair is much healthier right now, the cassia/henna glaze has really transformed the condition of your hair!

EdG
January 17th, 2011, 08:09 PM
You have fantastic hair! :)
Ed

spidermom
January 17th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Amazing and beautiful difference.

McFearless
January 17th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Wow that is a LOT of growth for less than a year. It truly looks amazing.

AspenSong
January 17th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks everyone. :)

Cailie
January 18th, 2011, 01:15 AM
wow ! what a change !! gorgeous hair !

Avvoltoio
January 18th, 2011, 01:22 AM
wow, you have amazing hair, it is so healty, and shiny! i love it :)

rose.grace
January 18th, 2011, 01:35 AM
I waited until my hair grew a few more inches before I hacked more blonde off....so I had a tiny bit of blonde on the tips. But yeah....more growth than I expected in a year! Of course I've been doing MN treatments off and on the last 6 months, and I know I've gained about 3 1/2 inches from just that! I sort of said that wrong... I mean that you cut all the blonde off (that's a lot of cutting) and still have that much length. I was too amazed to think straight when I wrote that. I'm still amazed. And so happy for you! :flowers:

UltraBella
January 18th, 2011, 01:38 AM
I suddenly want you hair color in the after pic. I want it !!!!!!!!!!

NouvelleNymphe2
January 18th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Contratulations, your hair looks soo peerrrrdy!!! Really beautiful girl. I love looking at the very fine hair long. The lengths, shine, and thickness are amazing!

Saeth
January 18th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Oh gosh I'm jealous! Such gorgeous lovely hair. I think I'll take this as my inspiration in my own journey :) It is wonderful to see someone of similar hair type having such lovely locks!

Garnet66
January 18th, 2011, 08:54 AM
Wow that is some difference. That is some fantastic hair you have there.

Organic
January 18th, 2011, 08:57 AM
AMazing...
I am new to this site...What is MN treatments. I am growing out my dyed hair.

spigette
January 18th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Lovely lovely lovely!! :)

JuneBride
January 18th, 2011, 09:08 AM
WOW, I am speechless!!!
That is amazing progress!!!!!
Congrats!!!

AspenSong
January 18th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I suddenly want you hair color in the after pic. I want it !!!!!!!!!!

lol. I know it's a bit shinier and oomphed up from the cassia glaze I'd just done and then a good oiling and CO wash...but that is so funny to me that ANYONE would want my color since I've always figured my natural color, was such a non-descript ashy brown.
Thank you.

;) :)

Olga
January 18th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Oh, your hair looks lovely! The perfect shade of brown, and all the shine and thickness... Great hair improvement :)

DarkChocolate
January 18th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Wow:) What a positive change in your hair:) It looks like you gained alot of thickness too:) The henna looks nice on your hair:)

dragonmyst
January 18th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Gorgeous! Bravo!

Shicurls
January 18th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Your hair looks so much better! It was pretty before, but now it's stunning! :thudpile:

constantki
January 18th, 2011, 06:51 PM
oh my! Your hair looks so healthy

Sheltie_Momma
January 18th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Stunning, what a difference! Thanks for sharing!