PDA

View Full Version : Cassia on dyed hair?

Maverick494
January 16th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Hello all,

To make a long story short: I'm tired of dyeing my hair. I was sporting this reddish brown colour (can be seen in my hair album) and I just wanted to go natural again without the roots showing too much. So I dyed it one more time into dark ash blonde (pics coming soon).

It turned out pretty well, even my mom said "you have your natural haircolour back!" so I'm happy about that.

Now I want to baby my hair and yesterday I was on renaissancehenna.com and saw Cassia Obovata being promoted as being a great treatment for damaged hair without giving the colour henna does. So I'm thinking about getting it. My only question is: will it react to dyed hair?

Thanks in advance!

NouvelleNymphe2
January 16th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Hi, I've done 2 cassia treatments (combined with honey and other herbs and oils), and you can take a look at my album to see before and after pics. It seems to release a yellow or corn color if your hairs are very light. If your hair is dark the cassia won't show up (as a color) at all, it will only strengthen your hairs. I started with a medium-light brown with blond highlights and a reddish tint (virgin-no chems). The cassia has been wonderful for my hairs. They are so much stronger, and this is great for growing! If your hair is light in color and chemically colored I would imagine you could get a good amount of corn blond hairs afterwards. It would depend on how long you let it "release" or sit, and how long you leave the mix on your hairs. Hope this helps! I'm still a newbie though, so I would read up on it before making the plunge. I have read cassia can leave a brassier color after fading, and it will fade. It is not permanent, like henna. I like the brassier coppery color though :).

littlenvy
January 16th, 2011, 05:35 PM
:) hehe ... funny because I just did mine today.
My hair has been dyed, bleached, dyed and redyed... and now I put cassia on top of all that and it looks great :)

Today's pic.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5914&pictureid=93698

The only 'reaction' that I saw was that it brought out the gold tones in my hair.

Maverick494
January 17th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Thanks guys! I just ordered it today after seeing your replies. Lovely picture, littlenvy!