PDA

View Full Version : a new bun??

intothemist1999
June 8th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I'm not that experienced with buns yet and although I read about them with great interest, I don't know if I've seen this around before.

I came upon it my accident while trying to get the ponytail of my pulled-back/half-up off the back of my head.

So, tonight I thought I'd improvise and do a large version: I gathered all my hair together at the back as though making a ponytail, then doubled the length in half (not TOO hard to do with 29" hair). At this point,the ends and the base are more-or-less in the same place and gripped with one hand. With the other, I started the twisting and maneuvering into a cinnamon. Because of the reduced length it didn't take much.

I popped a fork in and it's held like a rock all night!

The reason I'm liking it, is it's so secure,isn't pulling, and somehow seems to have more bulk to it.

If it's not a previously invented bun, I thought I'd call it a "doubled-over cinnamon bun". "Doubled over" may be a bit ignominious, though! :)

Isilya
June 8th, 2008, 02:20 AM
This sounds a lot like Nightshade's Equilibrium Bun (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=23), except you twisted after folding and she made the fold while twisting :)

intothemist1999
June 8th, 2008, 11:43 AM
This sounds a lot like Nightshade's Equilibrium Bun (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=23), except you twisted after folding and she made the fold while twisting :)

Hey! Yeah, you're RIGHT! :) Actually, the Equilbrium Bun is the only other bun that's worked well for me!!

Never mind! :D

insideitall
June 8th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I wonder if this, along with a stick instead of a clip (I can barely keep clips holding it up when I'm just sitting around), would work for me when I run. I usually run with a braided ponytail, but as it's been so hot lately, the end is swinging up and rubbing my arms and getting sweaty. Gross. I tried folding the braid in half, adding another tie for stability, so it ended up being around the base of my shoulder blades. Felt fine while running but when I took it out.. the was the hugest knot at the bottom, where the hair was folded. I have so many strands that have lengths all over, and my braid ends up fuzzy anyway, but this was BAD. Definately won't be doing that again..

As I mentioned in another post.. I'm not so bright.. it never occured to me to twist/fold at the same time.. :p