PDA

View Full Version : Funny hair feel - anyone knows this?

Braidy
January 16th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I know this might sound a bit over obsessive but I sometimes go over a shed hair to feel its texture cause I strongly believe the "feel" of your hair tells you something about its healthiness. My hair looks healthy and shiny and all so no problem there but when I slip my fingers over a hair I always notice that the first say 10 inches have an uneven but thicker feel than the lower part, which feels all even but also is a lot thinner. It's mainly the uneven feel that kinda bothers me. Is this a normal thing or you think there are ways to improve this? I'm currently CO washing (since a month) and last week I also started using coconut oil. Any suggestions on what I might do extra to solve my little issue?

smasters467
January 16th, 2011, 09:55 AM
When you say "uneven" what do you mean?

It sounds like normal hair to me. The hair closest to your head is the youngest, thickest hair, because it hasn't been through the same wear and tear that the ends of your hair have. Hair closest to the scalp is normally thicker than hair near your ends. HTH

Braidy
January 16th, 2011, 11:31 PM
I mean that when I go over the hair with my fingers there's places where I can feel like it has a bubble on it (I hope that doesn't sound too crazy, non native so I don't know a better word) as if not the hairs as a whole but the hairs separately have a structure that's waving up and down. Anyway, it's probably just me being a little paranoid. Thanks for your answer!

Lianna
January 16th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Do you mean crinkles?

What I know is that finer hair has a smoother feel, so maybe your hair is becoming coarser.

pelicano
January 17th, 2011, 02:01 AM
Could be pili torti, if I've spelled it right. I started a thread on it somewhere.