PDA

View Full Version : Does your hair prefer a fine tooth comb?

shikara
January 15th, 2011, 09:59 PM
I noticed in a thread somewhere that someone mentioned that if they use a seamless wide toothed comb, it seems to tighten the 'knots to be', and that fine toothed combs worked best for her. I had been using a wide tooth as well and it seemed I would be working my hair forever, and knots were so hard to work through even though I would incorporate finger combing. I purchased a fine tooth comb and it works WAAAYY better for my hair than the wide tooth, maybe because my hairs tend to want to 'hug' each other. I'm glad I saw her post because even though many sites on hair say to use a wide tooth bone comb, that may only be true for a majority of people, but not for everyone. What does your hair prefer?

christine1989
January 15th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I love my fine tooth comb because my hair looks better using one. I really don't like the plastic ones though since they seem to cause more tangles. For some reason wood combs glide through my hair better.

Madora
January 16th, 2011, 07:40 AM
A widetooth comb works for me! Narrow tooth combs don't like my thick hair. Also, I use my fingers to untangle any mats/snarls/tangles my comb encounters.

virgo75
January 16th, 2011, 07:59 AM
My hair and fine tooth combs don't get along.
Either my hair breaks the little teeth, or my hair gets broken by the little teeth.

Wide tooth comb works better for my hair to detangle as does using my fingers or a denman type of brush.

CarpeDM
January 16th, 2011, 08:28 AM
I normally use a wide tooth comb because I'm prone to tangles, but when I do use a fine tooth comb I notice that I suddenly have a lot more body and fullness, not sure why??

Anywhere
January 16th, 2011, 08:35 AM
fine toothed combs and my hair do not get along well at all unless I'm straightening it or it is already straight. But I always use a wide toothed comb first.

CastaDiva
January 16th, 2011, 08:44 AM
I prefer a fine tooth comb. I bought a wide tooth one a few months back, but my hair got way more tangled and kind of lifeless and dull when I used it. Now I have switched back to my fine tooth comb and the tangle teezer because they make my hair more soft and manageable:)

lapushka
January 16th, 2011, 09:53 AM
I'm noticing that everyone that's preferring a fine tooth comb so far is a 1.

I'm a 2. Before puberty my hair was a lot smoother. I was used to sleek hair, so I kept doing what I was used to, which was using a fine tooth comb. It's kind of hard to detangle wavy hair with such a comb. And then I wondered why I always had frizzy hair. :o The tangle teezer OTOH is fine for detangling my hair.