PDA

View Full Version : How light can I go with Honey?

knux
January 15th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Hello all!

I have been looking up the process of lightening my hair with honey and was wondering how light I can actually go before it stops lightening or begins to damage my hair.

I know their is quite a bit of information on this but much of the information I have found, they stopped at 6 or 7 treatments. I have very dark hair, it isn't quite black but is quite dark. I am not looking to be a platinum blond or anything, but I just wanted to know how light I can actually go.

Thanks everyone!
xoxo

ktani
January 15th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Hello all!

I have been looking up the process of lightening my hair with honey and was wondering how light I can actually go before it stops lightening or begins to damage my hair.

I know their is quite a bit of information on this but much of the information I have found, they stopped at 6 or 7 treatments. I have very dark hair, it isn't quite black but is quite dark. I am not looking to be a platinum blond or anything, but I just wanted to know how light I can actually go.

Thanks everyone!
xoxo

Honey lightened hair has never been reported to be damaged in over 4 years on these boards, under any circumstances and multiple treatments done continuously. Please see the first post of the Honey thread for more details on treatments.

Lightening and damage are 2 different things.

I cannot predict how light your hair can be lightened with honey if all things go well.

NouvelleNymphe2
January 16th, 2011, 11:32 AM
i'm no expert but i love lightening my hair with honey. i have done it 4 times, and i'm going to keep doing it at least 2x a month. if you look at my profile album you'll see the range of colors i've gotten. and i put one before picture up too. hope that helps a little :). i should also mention, though, that i have added other herbs into my mixtures (twice) so i am sure my results are a bit different because of that. i use cassia mixes.