PDA

View Full Version : Helpppppp!

ashleydd2
January 15th, 2011, 06:34 PM
New to is site and need major help!

So about a year and a half ago (mid may 2009) I got a perm. And I must say it was probably one of the worst things I have ever done. It was nice being able to shower than scrunch my hair and do many things with it. But now it has grown out a lot. My hair is like 3 inches from my belly button and I lovee length (I want my hair to be at belly button length, like Miley Cyrus) so I wouldn't dare cut it off. My natural hair was always so beautiful, shiny, and soft. But now the top half of my hair is so.... Then the bottom from like shoulders down are rather frail, snarly, rough, and just not to my pleasing. Is there anything I can do without chopping off my hair or will I just have to be patient and continue trimming it until all my natural hair has grown in? My ultimate long term goal is to have hair like Miley Cyrus. I love her length and natural wave. So please help me! I'm open to anything.. :) thankkkkkkk you;)

Anywhere
January 15th, 2011, 06:36 PM
try a SMT or oil it and see how it feels then. I'd say its build up, but I feel like buildup would be on all of the hair and not just the bottom half. :ponder:

SMT though. It usually works wonders.

ETA: Welcome to LHC by the way. :cheese:

ashleydd2
January 15th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Thank you.
Any specific of one that you prefer?

ChatNoir
January 15th, 2011, 06:42 PM
I'm not an expert, but if it's the perm that has damaged your hair, you might just want to baby it and be patient with the trimming, keeping it at current length until it's the way you want it to be :)

I'm in the same boat, just that in my case it's dye, so I have to wait until 4 5ths of my hair has grown out until I'm a "virgin head" again :P

No matter what you choose, I wish you the best! :)

Rocket22
January 15th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Try using coconut oil and see if that will help you and also maybe try some other routines like conditioner only. Find out what your hair likes and work with it. Also a side note Mileys hair is all extensions from shoulders down. :)

lovinmylife
January 15th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I don't really know about the oils, but I do know taking flax seed pills has helped my hair not be so dry. Welcome to the board :)

pepperminttea
January 15th, 2011, 07:21 PM
This article (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=79) is really helpful for info on babying damaged hair. Good luck, and welcome to the LHC! :flower:

CurlySoleil
January 15th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Hello! As someone who has hair that had been chemically altered for most of my life until a little over a year ago, maybe I can help a little. I used to chemically straighten my hair and when I decided to go back to my natural texture, I learned that I had two options: Be patient and wait for my hair to grow out, trimming away the damaged/chemically altered ends gradually. Or cut it all off and start from scratch. I did the latter. From your post I see that you definitely do not want to cut your hair! So, the best thing for you to do is be patient and pamper your hair.

Just a warning, with permanent chemical alterations, the only way to get rid of it is to cut it away. You can wait until your natural hair grows to your desired length and then cut off the altered ends or you can trim gradually. But either way, that's pretty much the only way to rid yourself of it that I know of.

I hope you find a solution that's best for you. Good luck!

Shay0969
January 21st, 2011, 06:10 PM
This article is really helpful for info on babying damaged hair

Thanks, Pepperminttea, for the link to this article. As another newbie with damaged hair I am very thankful to you.